Hi...

D

DÛke

...You guys are crazy. Well...

Did we all just grow old all too quick or what?...it's like no one finds the time to visit this ghost town any more. I wonder why that is...

I miss a lot of people around here...between school, work, living on my own for the first freakin' time ever, not to mention a good dose of one passionate but overly depressing relationship in which I am still blindly involved but oh so disillusioned, "for the sake of love" (how tragically idealistic and naive I can be!)...and...the bottom line becomes: there is never a bottom line unless you make one yourself. Making a decision is the most difficult undertaking ever. <sigh>

God I miss this place and many of its commoners and un-commoners.

I see you guys still have the spirit though, with yet another attempt at an awards and all...:)

I miss Almindhra (she started the award thing, for all you new folks or those with Alzheimer’s ;)), Spiderman, Ericbess (happy belated birthday buddy), Sageridder...<eyes train>...train...of course, too, Thallid Ice Cream Man, Chaos Turtle (who is not as "dead sexy" as I am, for your personal information and records ;))...and…Zadok, Rando, Purple Jester, Whimsical, Duel…Bob…FoR…and…<cough>…Apollo…oh! oh! oh!, and Nightstalkers! I'm sure I forgot a friend or a foe somewhere...

I was 17 when I came to this place; I'm 4 months away from 22 now. Long time. I can't believe how much things I learnt and unlearnt in the past few months, it's like I knew nothing before (and some of you will gladly nod here :D) and it's like I know less now, and because of that, at the same time, know more. Does that make sense?

Hi to everybody here and not here!

I wonder what everyone is doing with their lives today...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, long time no see.

I tried to stop the awards but was outvoted and overwhelmed by the angry natives :)

Nothing new here; once you get to be my age, things more or less stay the same :)

E

EricBess

<grins>...Good to see you Duke. Even if you are just passing by for a visit. Feel free to do so more often :D

T

Tabasco

Yes....good to here from you...

I was wondering what happened to you..

Hope you can stay for a while!

13NoVa

good to see you duke. it's totally uncool sauce that you don't stay but good to see you anyways!

D

DÛke

...Oh I am staying; I never really departed - just everything became discombobulated and convoluted which prevented me from visiting. I still have to reinstall my AIM...

A

Almindhra

Oh, darling Duke...my beloved enemy...Good to hear from you again, I am sure you have missed me terribly and all, as you always do...

I have some updates for you on how life is going for me...Maybe I can provide you with my sarcastic wit to cheer you up a little...

Till then..

D

DÛke

Didn't I give you my cell number when you called me? Well, here it is again...<looks around> Um, nevermind...or, better yet, I can harass you this time! Check your PM.

R

Rooser

You seem to have forgot me, Duke, your froend. (Both foe and friend). I miss they way we used to love to hate each other, and the way that we would simultaneously seem to agree and disagree at the same time.

I had a brief froend relationship with Seffy, but we haven't been doing much to thwart eachother lately. Not since he left us for a site-that-pays-him-money, (the hypocritical bassturd! You are indeed a scourge, SeFRo! Come back here so we can feign rivalry once again!)

C

Chaos Turtle

My dear DÛke.

It's so nice to see you again, You Passionate Guy!

I wonder what everyone is doing with their lives today...
Well since you wonder, I live in the desert now. I finally have a job I like. And you might have noticed that I gave up being "dead sexy" quite some time ago in favor of being "uncommonly smooth," from which state I have recently passed to embrace the more fitting epithet of "Completely Over the Rainbow." (Take that as you see fit. ;))

Take care of yourself.

D

DÛke

You wouldn't believe how many people dislike passionate, out of this world, only in the movies, I-can't-believe-this-is-real kind of love. It's so sad...and you wouldn't believe how many people want "normal" love...

I'm disgusted.

A

Almindhra

How you're so resentful...Yet still, you stay with people who dislike that sort of thing...

Silly boy..

D

DÛke

I got your voicemail, by the way, Almindhra. I was at work and left my cell in the car. You have no idea...you have no idea how far I am willing to go to hold on to an ideal...I'll breach all extremes.

And...it's not like I'm "in love."

I loved. It has been killed. It became all too worldly for my taste. And I'm letting go...in so many ways I am letting go...

You have no idea...

I will never let myself love again. Not that it doesn't worth it, just that once a heart is given away, it cannot be taken back, even if the one who has your heart fades away. Sounds "romantic" doesn't it? Maybe. But it's how I feel...it has nothing to do with romanticism.

I fell so easily and took me few months to be disillusioned...

I will not allow myself to love again.

Oh, and Robbie, dear, you should have moved to Missouri. I will always say...you should have came to Missouri...

O

orgg

Welcome back, DUke.

It's good to see another dynamic character around here... Have you gotten completly out of Magic, or is Magic Online a potential temptation for you? :D

As to the response of 'how are you' that you inquire upon... As you are a dynamic character, I am a static one. All that's happened to me is I've gotten older, fatter, and even moreso broke(er?).

D

DÛke

I don't do Magic. I am dying to start playing Magic Online though - I know nothing about it, however...nothing whatsoever.

I already submitted an article here in the CPA. About what a casual player is. Or, "what a casual player is."

As for the dynamic/static relationship. Well, you do know that others observe you better than you can observe yourself, at least more objectively? There is no such thing as a static character, or a dynamic character for that matter. We simply are, and different facets of ourselves come to being or fade out of being and become "memories" or "unconsious," or, otherwise solidify as "instincts." You've "changed" a lot. Even if no one can see it.

Killer Joe

Hey DUke, still pissin' people off in virtual or real life?

From the time I first encountered you at MTGnews I knew that you were a "real piece of work". Your passion IS the best thing you've got goin' on. You would say exactly what's on your mind and never regretted it, it takes a very special person to be THAT commited to their feelings.

Your youthfulness has been refreshing, you've opened your soul many times here and never once looked back. I don't REALLY know you but if you are, in real life, the way you are here, then I admire that in you. Sad to say, though, I don't think you and I would ever like each other. I may represent everything that disgusts you in a "normal" society.

~I am 'dead', I walk with the 'dead', I work with the 'dead', every morning I wake up 'dead', but the funny thing about it is, I LIKE it this way. Long gone are my 'passionate' ways, too long it's been since I walked right up to someone and spoke my mind without a care in the world about how they would feel about what I said. I am a politician of sorts these days. I carefully choose my words when I speak, in person, I am always re-tooling my approach to someone so that they hear exactly what they want to hear but still provide for me. I am neither evil nor good, I am the walking 'dead'.~

How's THAT for passionate? :D

D

DÛke

You would be surprised what kind of people I belong with. In a sense I am a coward and as my dear sweetheart tells me, I am a "sellout": I have sold out on my ideals and most cherished principles so that I may co-exist with a world that no longer values anything at all, except mere ideologies and slogans of peace and happiness that have no value beyond their verbal utterance. Along time ago, an indefinite moment in time, I was faced with an unclear decision: to exist lively or to exist livingly. I wanted to hold on, but the world has taken me over…once upon a time I was the loner par excellence, and liked it; now I am almost a social creature, few steps away from becoming one of them who are consumed by the daily trivial talk, media, “news,” and the “world” at large. When I look at myself, I see nothing; I try to escape, and not that it is “too late,” but that I do not have the willingness to runaway again; the world is like a black hole: one easily loses one’s self in it and forgets everything, becomes one more nothing in a line of nothings.

I still speak my mind…but it is becoming more tormenting to speak my mind. Being involved in a relationship that is worldly and “normal” by every sense of the word, I am naturally hurt when my ideals are shattered left and right. But it is no one’s fault – as my dear tells me: why should anyone be held responsible to keep pace with someone’s ideals?

In other words, no one is allowed to hold mankind responsible, because mankind by now believes that there is no meaning at all, and when there is no meaning, there is no standard, no morality, no ideals, nothing but politics and pure intellectual stimuli, at best.

No one believes in what they mean strongly enough to judge everyone, including one’s self, by one’s very own principles. But I judge, and I judge harshly – at hefty prices, every time. Neutrality is the name of the game, and if you posses an ounce of dignity left, you are frowned upon.

I get along with everyone. I don’t hold grudges; I despise acts of vengeance…even though I have been warned that in this world it is only necessary to “have a shield” or “tough skin.” I agree, I should, but I will not – I choose not to – because I should not have to. Thus I die everyday: I hold on to what I believe; I have become my beliefs and my beliefs have become me precisely to the extent that my existence has become unacceptable, disagreeable, and rather unworldly; an impractical man such as myself is crushed under the rationality and pragmatism of this world. There is no room left for the chaos of emotions and gravity of desire…everything has to be “rational.” What I feel: that is the only rationality I trust.

You’re not the only one who is dead, my friend; look closer – the world at large is dead. What you see today is a lingering illusion, reinforced with beautiful words and seductive slogans; old news is the only news we have; there is nothing left to say or do; every debauchery has been committed or is few years away from being committed; every lie has been told, and every “truth” too; god is dead; meaning has been lost; nothingness has become the very “heart and soul” of modern day life. Existence for the sake of existence. Nothing more. Sit down and enjoy the circus...

You and I would get along just fine. I am no better and you are no worse.