Hi...

D

DÛke

Rooser:

Actually, Duke, I think the greatest illusion is the pop-liberal notion that the world is filled with idiot retards who can't for the life of them break out of their mental entrapments.

I, on the other hand, have more faith in humanity.
Faith, too, can be idiotic. But I guess that is the very concept of faith - there is no faith but blind faith. See, I would have tolerated your statement a lot more if you would have said you had faith in that there is a reason for the spreading idiocy in the world, or...a reason why an under-evolved ape, for example, can become the so-called leader of the greatest modern empire and how he will also be the leader again. Or maybe it would have been more possible for me to believe you if you had said you had faith in humanity despite what humanity has become...or, faith in something or someone that will change things for the better...or...almost faith in anything else. But faith in humanity, and the "human good"? I don’t believe you to begin with. I have faith, too. I have faith despite humanity, though, and not because of humanity; faith for humanity but not faith in humanity.

Although no simple endeavor, and actually a very audacious one, to have such faith – supposing of course that you do have such faith...nevertheless…it almost seems to me as if it is in part fueled by self-deception and in another, by desperation and agony; after all, think about it, there is no "world" and no "humanity," and simply no "civilization" or "reason" if humanity did not deceive itself from time to time so as to make things appear better. I know you can't handle the truth, or reality for that matter. Hey, I can't either. We all like to be intoxicated from time to time, and this world is filled with intoxicants...fortunately...or maybe unfortunately.

You can lose yourself in this labyrinthine world if you are not too careful; hundreds of temptations bombard the imagination everyday, and hundreds more are being devised as we speak – it’s quite a miracle that we at least can think that there is something wrong, at least that proves we still can see the world around us. Few centuries from now, really few, and such thoughts will seize to exist: and do you think they will seize to exist because everything would have become better, or…because it is so bad that there is no choice left but to accept everything, with all innocence, to the point that not even the mere thought of possibly a better option would exist in any mind? You tell me, if you can. I want to know.

Life/Reality 2
Death/Ficition Infinity
Duke 2

O

orgg

What... do youget...

...when you cross... an owl...

...with... a bungee cord?

-Lord Betty, Kung Pow!:Enter the Fist

Killer Joe

Lived in Monterey, CA for several years back before the 'Quake of '89. The wife and I spent many days down near the beach in Carmel, Pacific Grove and Monterey.

Damn cold Ocean, though. :rolleyes:

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by orgg
What... do youget...

...when you cross... an owl...

...with... a bungee cord?

-Lord Betty, Kung Pow!:Enter the Fist
"My ass"

And it is sad that I know that...

C

Chaos Turtle

Oh lord, y'all done got him goin' again...
;)

Life/Reality 0
Death/Fiction 0
DÛke 2

I have, using my divine powers of even diviner intervention, generously reset the scores of your competitors. You are now ahead of the game. Feel free to stop competing at any time.

BTW, I reject my Virgo nature, and embrace my natural nature. "Chaos Turtle" is a telling name indeed, when one takes a moment to think it over.

In other opinionation, the Pacific Ocean in inapty named. Mr. Ring of Fire? Your party is waiting...

Here's something fun: There was a ghost in my bed last night. He told me his name was Mitch (I think). He wanted to "hook up" and/or "work it out" (his words). I don't know what to think about it. I hope I was dreaming. Except I wasn't. Yes I'm serious.

Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I've gone completely over the rainbow.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I rather like ghosts.

If I remember correctly the Pacific was given its name after some guy went around Cape Horn and there were no longer the horrible, turbulent waves that he had been so recently involved with.

Maybe it should be called "Panthalassa."

C

Chaos Turtle

You may remember correctly but I hope you're not missing the HI-LARIOUS joke!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If there is significance behind "your party is waiting" or something, then yeah, I guess I am missing it... :confused:

D

DÛke

I reject my Virgo nature, and embrace my natural nature.
There is nothing more natural than your Virgo nature. "Natural nature" is a confusion: people unable to reconcile new age science, or if you prefer to call it modern science (which began with the Age of Reason), with ancestral knowledge...decided to rid the world of a seemingly impossible hypothesis that neither had any "scientific foundation" nor possessed the possibility of being “substantiated.” And yet if you're going to speak about foundations, it might be slightly risky - if not altogether offending - to begin talking about the foundation of any new age science: science is merely realization, "discovery," it is not knowledge until the roots that make up such a science, and all science, are dis-covered. Abiding by "scientific" laws is not knowledge, but a type of intellectual, or I mean, instinctive enslavement: which, at the end, is rather exactly the case with scientific astrology that, after close examination and study, shows a similar consistency to any established scientific formula.

Grab any researched astrology book. Read it carefully, delve into it. Learn about the Moon signs as well, as well as the planets at large, and what they rule. Give it few months to sink into your mind. Thereafter, every stranger will seem more familiar to you, and eventually you will be able to tell a stranger to his face in the very least what his or her element is, if not their sign altogether. Of course, in this "age of individuality," it is difficult for even the most reasonable mind to accept that we are less different and more similar than ever thought: too similar, even! but nevertheless, more complex.

And for the record, I don't get your joke either. :p

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by DÛke

Grab any researched astrology book. Read it carefully, delve into it. Learn about the Moon signs as well, as well as the planets at large, and what they rule. Give it few months to sink into your mind. Thereafter, every stranger will seem more familiar to you, and eventually you will be able to tell a stranger to his face in the very least what his or her element is, if not their sign altogether. Of course, in this "age of individuality," it is difficult for even the most reasonable mind to accept that we are less different and more similar than ever thought: too similar, even! but nevertheless, more complex.

Actually, it's usually best to do a full natal chart. One's Sun sign and Moon signs are very important, but I usually get a lot more from people's Mercury, Mars, and Plutos...

-Ferret

"...Sun in Gemini and Moon in Taurus? Boy am I confused!"

D

DÛke

Please tell me you're not Gemini, Ferret?...

From your profile, I gather that you're a Capricorn - a good enough reason why we don't exactly get a long very often. :) What is your moon, though?

I found that the Moon can be a much greater influence in people's lives than the Sun. I don't usually depend on Venus much since I would have to be really close the person to know or comprehend their sign in this planet. The 4 that I always go back to are the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, and Mars.

My favorite is Mercury because it outlines their thought processes and the manner in which they think or not think (if they think at all, even: looks at the pragmatic Earth signs. :D)...

Element: Air (flighty, chilly, cold, ditached...almost invisible...)
Ascendant: Leo (self-centered, mythological, passionate...)
Sun: Aquarius. (idealistic, in love with theories and ideologies, obsessed with his/her individuality, eccentric, different...)
Moon: Capricorn. (ambitious for worldy wealth and status, sensual, conservative...)
Mercury: Scorpio. (plotting, dark, mysterious, sniffs lies and half-truths miles away, very in touch with his/her dark side, also empathic...)
Venus: Pisces (the most Romantic, and thus wishy washy combination in the Zodiac)
Mars: Pisces (You tell me...)

Aquarius Sun/Scorpio Mercury is said to be the combination of the mad genius.

My best friend, who is Gemini Sun/Scorpio Moon is the most complex creature on the Zodiac chart, and also the most sadistic; one book in fact refers to this combination as the Marquis de Sade of the Zodiac.

My Capricorn Moon and Aquarius Sun makes me very, very contradictory, inconsistent; pragmatic in on hand, but idealistic - even unrealistic, in the other. My Scorpio Mercury makes me a paranoiac, distrustful, shadowy, mystical, and hypocritical to the extreme, cynical, confusing to say the least, double-minded, plotting, and in love with conspiracies, crimes, and similar "hobbies."

The first things that my astrologist said to me is whether I was in any way involved in Philosophy or the FBI, somehow. I told her I major in Philosophy and...my favorite show ever is The X-Files, favorite movie, The Matrix. She also said that my Leo ascendant, Aquarius Sun, and Pisces Venus, makes me the most tragic and idealistic lover who, sadly, will never attain the ideal sought. True in so many ways, as I speak from experience.

Although my circle of friends are basically made up of other Air signs - mostly Geminis and some Libras - I must say that Geminis need to learn how to keep their mouths shut for at least 1 second a minute. Please! :p

Ferret

Staff member
What do you mean Geminii need to keep their mouths shut? Everything we have to say is so important :D

Yup! I'm a Gemini. Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Saturn - all in Gemini. As you might have gathered in my prior post my sun is in Taurus. It causes confusion, but I cope. I'm happily married to a Scorpio (I know, I know - it shouldn't be possible) and most of my friends are Aquarians, Libras (Librae?), and Leos. I can usually get along w/ anyone - for about 10 minutes. Then they start to bore me :).

It's true that Geminii don't know how to shut up, but when we do we're actually listenning to you and storing everything you say for later use. We also have the ability to Multitask - just like Windows 3.1!

-Ferret

"BTW, all Aquarians are mad geniuses - it's your curse..."

D

DÛke

Than how come in your CPA profile it says that your birthday is December 31, 1969?

If you're not just pulling my leg here...or something else...than...you must be one of the most annoying people on this Earth! :) You bore, or better said - bombard - your deep and mystical wife with so much information, most trivial and ordinary, that...well...

Does she complain of headaches all the time? ;)

Yes, Aquarians are all geniuses, and there are no 2 Aquarians that are alike - each Aquarian is a world unto him or herself. But Geminis are the "practical" geniuses, they are the head-turners of the Zodiac; they can practically dive into any atmosphere, blend in, attract a lot of attention if not steal the show altogether. They are always so nervous and tense that they can't relax, which I have told my Gemini friends about - I don't think they can relax. Their muscles are always tense, tight, as if they're about explode.

The fundemental difference between Gemini and Aquarius is that Gemini is the baby of the Air element, and Aquarius is the Grandpa. Gemini is a teenager for life, always younger than he or she seems; Aquarius is always "older" than he or she seems; Gemini grasps information faster than the speed of light, but does not really process it; Aquarius can come up with theories and put all that information into all kind of contexts and concepts faster than the speed of light. Aquarius is so quite and serene; Gemini is hyper and...loud...

Which...brings me to a point: how Aquarians and Geminis get a long is beyond me. The only thing I've learnt that may make them compatible human beings is that Geminis are...so easily bored...and Aquarians are so interesting and unique that Gemini can't help but be attracted. It's an impossible, futile task to figure out an Aquarian, and Gemini actually likes that - it gives him or her something to do.

I must say, speaking from experience, that Geminis are so childish and can't handle any depth or introspection at all. Bad at relationships. Very...very...bad. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Than how come in your CPA profile it says that your birthday is December 31, 1969?
It's a Y2K bug in the software. I believe anyone who registered before 2000 has that date in their profile (unless they went ahead and changed it)

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by DÛke
From your profile, I gather that you're a Capricorn - a good enough reason why we don't exactly get a long very often. :)
Oh, El Dukey...How could you mention such a thing when you know how well you and I get along...Such a match are we...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
It's a Y2K bug in the software. I believe anyone who registered before 2000 has that date in their profile (unless they went ahead and changed it)
And Spidey won't let me have 10-29-1929 as mine, but that's really when I registered...