Hi...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by DÛke
In other words, no one is allowed to hold mankind responsible, because mankind by now believes that there is no meaning at all, and when there is no meaning, there is no standard, no morality, no ideals, nothing but politics and pure intellectual stimuli, at best.
Heh...

C

Chaos Turtle

My dear DÛke.

You torment yourself needlessly. I recommend a deconstruction of your paradigm. It's fun, kinda like sorting through junk at your house. You get to keep all the stuff that works, and the rest goes into the garbage. It worked for me! <grins manically>:eek::cool::eek:

PS: Living among the dead doesn't mean you have to be one of them. Think of it as being like Jane Goodall among the apes. You learn their ways so they accept you into their society. You then get murdered by poachers. (Well, you might want to skip that last part.)

PPS: I grew up in Missouri. I've seen all of it I want to. Well, except you.;)

PPPS: Don't call me Robbie.

D

DÛke

Chaos Turtle:

I recommend a deconstruction of your paradigm. It's fun, kinda like sorting through junk at your house. You get to keep all the stuff that works, and the rest goes into the garbage.
Spoken like a true Virgo, no less.
I grew up in Missouri. I've seen all of it I want to. Well, except you.
Um, Robbie (I couldn't resist - disobedience is so gratifiying!) then you haven't seen anything. I'm nothing to miss, come see for yourself. ;)
And it's not like I don't live my life or enjoy it. It's just that a lot has happened to me and I can't tell the questions from the answers anymore...
You still writing the great American Novel, or did you give up on it already?...or are you waiting for something...?...something that makes life a little more extraordinary and less...American...;)

Ferret

Staff member
Hey, Duke - nice to see you again. I'm surprised you didn't mention me, but then again, with they way I've been popping in and out, I'm surprised anyone knows who I am anymore...

I do miss our debates. They were some of the most frustratingly fun times I've had.

-Ferret

"Shower every day, but don't ever change"

D

DÛke

It's no debate if there is no frustration and…homicidal temptations involved. :) I didn't forget you, just forgot about you.

Ah. I’ll never forget how no one understood what I wrote in here. It’s like I’m speaking a different language. Or...um...

In any case…

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by DÛke
Ah. I’ll never forget how no one understood what I wrote in here. It’s like I’m speaking a different language. Or...um...

In any case…
What? I don't understand... :p

C

Chaos Turtle

You still writing the great American Novel, or did you give up on it already?...or are you waiting for something...?...something that makes life a little more extraordinary and less...American...
Was I writing a novel? I don't remember... Hm, let me think... oh I did have this one idea about redneck paranormal investigators that's really an examination of male bonding in rural America, but it's on the back burner (that is, it's on fire, in the backyard).

If I ever do write a Great Novel, it will surely only be American by default... unless one is willing to accept that "American" doesn't mean what everyone seems to think it means.

But thanks for asking!

D

DÛke

Life/Reality 1
Duke 0
I have a friend who basically tells me the same thing. I don't know what it means because...I am always a part of Life/Reality and not apart from it, so whatever I feel is in tune with Life/Reality and not in opposition to it: I can't depart my own nature, I am an embodiment of nature; everything I feel is nature. So...nah!

Life/Reality 1
Duke 1

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Death is the opposite of life, fiction is the opposite of reality. I think the idea of you competing against life and reality is, well, just as absurd as you evidently think it is. So I don't see why death and fiction can't team up and compete too...

No, I'm not sure why I gave them that large number. It just sort of came to me...

D

DÛke

Kinda like me and the strangely demanded "307%". Not exactly sure why that number; it just is. But for the sake of "accuracy," Death/Fiction has ruled this world more than Life/Reality; I think it's safe to say that this world is filled with more falseness and illusions than anything else; so...

Death/Fiction: Infinity.

I don't think anyone can compete!

R

Reverend Love

"She has the daylight at her command * She gives the night its dreams
She can uncover your darkest fear * And make you forget you feel it"
--Chris Cornell

Too bad Soundgarden broke up. Audio Slave just doesn't do it for me. They lack Soundgarden's soul, and Rage's angst.

A

Almindhra

They are a band all unto themselves....And thank God they don't sound like Rage, otherwise I wouldn't be able to listen to them at all...

R

Rooser

Actually, Duke, I think the greatest illusion is the pop-liberal notion that the world is filled with idiot retards who can't for the life of them break out of their mental entrapments.

I, on the other hand, have more faith in humanity.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think the greatest illusion in the world is the Pacific Ocean. Billions of people believe it exists any many of them think they've seen it. But it's really not even there... :p