FULL Apocalypse Spoiler.

D

Duel

Whee-hoo! Now if only it made a 1/1 durin each player's upkeep....

Z

Zadok001

In case you didn't hit that link Lotus Mox left for ya', that's Spirit Monger. The card. On WotC's website. The thing is REAL, as printed in the spoiler. No joke.

Ladies and gentlemen. I challenge you to show me a creature previously printed that is MORE obviously undercosted. Not just undercosted. More OBVIOUSLY undercosted. Email me if you can come up with one: Zad001@hotmail.com. That's just WRONG.

I

Istanbul

from E-leagues patch:

WHITE:
Divisionary Tactics 3W
Enchantment
Tap two untapped creatures you control: Tap target creature.
Uncommon

Anyone else think it's no coincidence we didn't see this until AFTER Vitalize was gone?

I

Istanbul

Ice Cave 3UU
Enchantment
Whenever a player plays a spell, any other player may pay that spell's mana cost. If a player does, counter the spell.
Rare

Mana cost, or converted mana cost?

Reef Shaman U
Creature - Merfolk
T: Target land's type becomes the basic land type of your choice until end of turn.
0/2
Common

And I had wondered where the Tidal Warrior was in the Fish decks...the one that gave your opponent Islands. Here's my answer...he was busy trading a point of power for a point of toughness!

I

Istanbul

BLACK:

Dead Ringers 4B
Sorcery
Destroy two target nonblack creatures unless either one is a color the other isn't.
They can't be regenerated.
Common

Allow me to translate.

Two Llanowar Elves - OK. Both green.
A Llanowar Knight and a Sabretooth Nishoba - OK. Both white and green.
A Llanowar Elf and a Sabretooth Nishoba - Not OK. One is white, and the other isn't.
So...not only do they have to share a color, they have to share *all* their colors.
Oh, and it's a sorcery.
Bleh.

Phyrexian Rager 2B
Cretaure - Horror
When Phyrexian Rager comes into play, you draw a card and you lose a life.
2/2
Common

Not bad. Often, a black speed deck will stall once it hits three mana; that extra card can be the push it needs. One life is seldom a big price to pay. If it had evasion, it would be amazing; as it is, it's okay.

I

Istanbul

RED:
Minotaur Tactician 3R
Creature - Minotaur
Haste
Minotaur Tactician gets +1/+1 as long as you control a white creature.
Minotaur Tactician gets +1/+1 as long as you control a blue creature.
1/1
Common

So, if you have him AND a white AND a blue creature, it's a 3/3 haste for 3R. Decent.
If you have him and a white OR blue creature, it's a 2/2 haste for 3R. Poor.
If you have him and no white or blue creatures, it's a 1/1 haste for 3R. Raging Goblin + 3 colorless.
...whatever.

I

Istanbul

GREEN:
Lay of the Land G
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Common

Hmmm. Quite useable in a domain deck, and also a way to cheaply thin one's deck...also enables a lower land count in a green deck. Land Grant-esque.

Symbiotic Deployment 2G
Enchantment
Skip your draw step.
1, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Draw a card.
Rare

Holy CRAP. Combine with:

Saproling Cluster 1G
Enchantment
1, Discard a card from your hand: Put a 1/1 Saproling token into play. Any player may play this ability.
Rare

...from Nemesis. I'll just throw my ENTIRE DECK at you...

I

Istanbul

Jungle Barrier 2GU
Creature - Wall
When Jungle Barrier comes into play, draw a card.
2/6
Uncommon

HELLO! Wall of Blossoms now costs a little bit more, but is substantially fatter! Let's just drop this into the same environment as Equilibrium and Symbiotic Deployment...

I

Istanbul

GOLD(2nd half):
Spiritmonger 3BG (This version is too powerful IMO, I think there's something wrong here)
Creature - Beast
Whenever Spirit Monger deals damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Spirit Monger.
B: Regenerate Spirit Monger.
G: Spirit Monger becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
6/6
Rare

...that can't be right.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Istanbul
GOLD(2nd half):
Spiritmonger 3BG (This version is too powerful IMO, I think there's something wrong here)
Creature - Beast
Whenever Spirit Monger deals damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Spirit Monger.
B: Regenerate Spirit Monger.
G: Spirit Monger becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
6/6
Rare

...that can't be right.
*goes and visits the link*

Hoooooo...

leeeeee...

SH***********T.

I'll Dark Bani...oh...he's black.
Fine. I'll burn h...he's a 6/6...hmm.
I'll Wash Out...and you...change...his color.
Ummm.
I'm playing Fires! I'll block with my Blast...no, that'd die. I'll block with a Shivan Wurm, which will live. Er, through one round. I'll...uhm...uh oh.
Counter-Rebels will paste this thing with a counter, or maybe a Wrath, but...that's about it, kids.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Symbiotic Deployment and Saproling Cluster.

You're discarding two cards to draw ONE card. How is this good? Am I missing an unnamed card in the combo or something?

M

Mundungu

Spidey :
you discard 2 cards to draw 1 the first turn, but get to draw another one each turn after that ...

As far as the Spirit monger is concerned :

Here is the last line (underneath the card) in Wizard's Website:
----------
Just remember - you asked for it. :)
----------

So it might be true, and since the card has been voted for by people visiting the website, well ... I might believe it.

Although I agree that the creature, if great, is probably undercosted. At least it doesnt have trample ...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but then you're spending 1 mana and tapping two (untapped) creatures. Why not just have your draw step? So you can draw that one card at ANY time during your turn?

So far I see nifty applications, but not something to warrant a <gasp omigod> from whoever thought this up (Isty? Duel?)

S

superguy

Okay, two things (and more later):

1. Symbiotic Deployement.

Great card that has many ways of being abused, but imagine playing against an opponent with Wrath of God? Worse yet, an opponent with Wrath of God and counterspells? Still, I like it.

2. Spiritmonger.

Here's where my problem is. Black/green is by far my favourite color-combo ever. But! What the hell is wrong with this creature? I mean I'm going to enjoy playing with it and all... But jeesus!!! Who else is going to play something other than this?! Yeah, I know, Wrath of God, Terminate, Counterpsells, Defiant Vanguard. But what else? How will another deck that isn't playing any of these (or possibly a few others I missed.. Meddling Mage for example) going to deal with it? Ex.:

Fires player: Forest. Bird.
Spiritmonger player: Forest. Bird.
Fires player: Mountain. Fires.
Spiritmonger player: Swamp. Dark Ritual. Spiritmonger. Wanna scoop now or wait until yor Blastoderm shows up?

I mean christ! And what worse can happen... If Fires players splash black like they did before and play this thing!

Ok, I'll stop ranting now. Black/Green, me likey, broken like crazy, etc.

L

Lotus Mox

Defiant Vanguard doesn't kill Spiritmonger ;)

Although rebels shouldn't really have problems with it alone, they can just infinitely chump-block it.

S

superguy

Spidey and Lotus Mox: Thanks a lot dudes!

Lotus Mox: yep I just realized that too. But can you imagine what will happen when you slap down an Armadillo Cloak on his hide?

Edit: Spidey, what hapenned? I downloaded your spoiler .txt file, and after I replied your message ain't here no more. What's up?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't it a bunch of lines running across the page with no formatting? I wanted to see if I could get it formatted.

If the no formatting is okay, I can put it back up again.

S

superguy

I took the spoiler from Mtgnews and copied/pasted it by color unto a .txt file. Mox's spoiler had some errors, such as "monocolored" instead of "muslticolored" on Dragon Arch. Still, Mox, you da man, I would've never had the patience to type all that stuff up. Anyways, I made a .txt and if anyone wants a .doc. Basically, Yyou can just select all in the .txt and paste it into Word, and it will work out fine. Also, mtgnews didn't have rarities for split cards, so I assumed they were uncommon. As I'm typing this I'm starting to realize that I don't know how to attach files. Someone tell me how to, or tell me where to send you the file so you can attach it. Thanks!
P.S. It comes out to 18 pages in Word at Times New Roman font size 10. Pretty big, but worth printing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You can't attach files, only the admins can.

If people can just copy and paste my stuff and it'll look fine in Notepad or Wordpad, I can put mine back up.

Otherwise, someone check out this .zip file and see if it's okay.

Attachments

D

Duel

Okay, Symbiotic Deployment is yet to be broken. HOWEVER, it allows you to hold back creatures for blocking AND have them serve a useful purpose. Or it defeats summoning suckness. It's GREEN CARD ADVANTAGE! What the heck are you complaining about!

Oh, and Spiritmonger is AMAZING. It kills derms, black removal -terminate can't touch it. Red removal -incenerate, terminate can't either. Story Circle and Teferi's Moat don't stop it. Chump blocking it only increases the problem.... DAMN. Even Exile can't kill it because *voila!* it's white!