Forum Software Change

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I found a slight problem, when posting in the forums I accedentally hit the upload a file button and it did not have a way to cancel out of it. I had to hit escape to get out of it.
EDIT: This seems to be a problem with all the popups.
Clicking outside the overlay box should hide it as well, though they should have close butons. I think they used to but got wiped out by a change.

As for the spell checker, it looks like the WYSIWYG editor may be disabling it. Presumably this is an option somewhere. I'll see what I can find.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
How do I search for older posts? My favorite thing about the previous format was searching all of my previous posts and the nostalgia in reading old threads, games, etc.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I verified with Spidey outside of here that this was our new schema, since the front page looked soooooooo different than forums... Thought we might have been hacked or something... I'll look around and let you know what I think...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Only the last couple hundred? Why so limited? Why not have the capability to search through all of our old posts?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible to upload more than one file in one shot?

I uploaded three files, one right after the other, in the same post (Magic 2011 Spoiler thread), and there was just a picture icon for the first file, not for the next two. Is that a bug?

T

train

I don't know of any sites with this feature, maybe some exist out there, but what if there was a user "favorites" bar or menu where the users can customize what they want in there?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Is it possible to upload more than one file in one shot?

I uploaded three files, one right after the other, in the same post (Magic 2011 Spoiler thread), and there was just a picture icon for the first file, not for the next two. Is that a bug?
With the way browsers implement the upload inputs and the approach of the current code, unfortunately it would take a lot of work to allow more than one upload at a time.

As for only having an icon on for the first file, that's not something I could reproduce locally. I'll play with it more later.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As for only having an icon on for the first file, that's not something I could reproduce locally. I'll play with it more later.
It's not a big deal, just looked inconsistent so I thought it might have been a bug.

Is there a way to reproduce the tags? I can't seem to enclose text around a link like in vBulletin.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Only the last couple hundred? Why so limited? Why not have the capability to search through all of our old posts?

Ransac, cpa trash man
Performance. vB was limited in the number of results you'd get as well.

Less Limited. Spidey turned the search limit up to 10,000 or so when I asked a while back. If performance is more important than expanding the search results, is there a way to access the archives?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure why you can't start a thread, rokapoke. I looked at your profile and as far as I can see, it's the same as turgy22's. Maybe Ed can find out?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Can anybody else not start a new thread?
In another post, you implied you got a security error message ("Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."). Is this correct? If so, what browser are you using? When you went to another page, were you still logged in? (Given that you can reply, I assume you're not having problems staying logged in.)

R

rokapoke

Can anybody else not start a new thread?
In another post, you implied you got a security error message ("Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."). Is this correct? If so, what browser are you using? When you went to another page, were you still logged in? (Given that you can reply, I assume you're not having problems staying logged in.)
Indeed, that is the error. I am using Windows 7 with Opera version 10.60. And yes, I am still logged in.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Bingo. It was a bug in our HTML that seemed to expose an Opera-specific issue. It should be fixed now. Thanks for the report. :)

R

rokapoke

Bingo. It was a bug in our HTML that seemed to expose an Opera-specific issue. It should be fixed now. Thanks for the report. :)
The problem is, indeed, solved. I have successfully started a new thread. Thanks!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I notice that the thing where it shows the most recent posts in a thread when I'm replying to the thread is no longer there. Then again, it took me a while to notice because I'd just been using the much-improved quick-reply feature, so perhaps it's worth the trade. Still, being able to check the previous posts while writing a new one without having to open a new tab would be nice.