Forum Software Change

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm currently having difficulty starting a new thread or conversation. When I click to post a new thread it allows me to fill in the title field and post a poll question, but no space to type an actual message. I sort of remember someone else having the same issue, but couldn't find it when I looked.

Anyway, sorry to put this at the end of such an old thread. I would have started a new one, but obviously I can't.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you were going to post my problem...

When I quote our 2Hg Innistrad thread, the line breaks seem to get cut out and everything becomes one big block of text, so I have to go through and re-insert the line breaks again. Does that happen to anyone else?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I've had intermittent trouble with line breaks since the software change, but nothing to that extent. Usually, one or two will get taken out and only in the game threads where there are a lot of lines.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that might be the case here, the "lot of lines", but if you aren't having problems when you quote, maybe it's my browser or something. (IE)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I was able to start a thread here at home, so there's probably something buggy with my browser at work. I'll try cleaning it up tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman said:
Using IE is a problem all by itself.
True dat, but it's the default browser at work.

We're supposed to be "upgraded" to Windows 7 soon so after that, I may try to put on Chrome or something.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm currently having difficulty starting a new thread or conversation. When I click to post a new thread it allows me to fill in the title field and post a poll question, but no space to type an actual message. I sort of remember someone else having the same issue, but couldn't find it when I looked.
That was probably me. I still haven't tested whether the problem went away for me. I'll do that now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah. I can't post new threads. The field for the title shows up, but the field for the body never does.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Do you use Firefox? I tried switching to IE and it works fine. It's still odd that I only have the issue with Firefox and only on my work computer.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
It was a Firefox 9 bug. I actually reported it to them during the beta, but it didn't get fixed until 10.