For you new people: Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
[me] ducks the rocks thrown by Apollo and is relieved it's only him doing it[/me]

Duel: I'm not sure if that was a subtle rebuke :) but the way I see it, things were really only resolved between DUke and myself (and maybe between DUke and others). TICM never got a chance to rebut before these "peace talks" took place so he may not have agreed with them. I know that more posts were made over the weekend but I'm unable to get on; does that mean I should just stop and let the conversation die away? As I said, I apologized for seemingly raising it back up but if TICM has more to say he's welcome to say it.

D

Duel

I don't know exactly what you mean. No rebuke was intended, more of a subtle suggestion. TICM has shown no signs of discontentment. If so, he is welcome to. We don't need to invite more diagreements, though. And I felt that your comment was more likely to provoke. I may have been wrong, if so, I apologize.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as I said, I didn't want TICM to feel like his views were being suppressed just because it seemed in the space of a day that DUke and others worked things out and he didn't get a chance to participate. I know I feel that way when the weekend comes and goes and there's always one thread that takes off and almost resolves by the time I get back on Monday :rolleyes: So my statement WAS kind of provocative in that it opened itself up for more debate if TICM wanted, but if he wants to let it die (as it did seem re-reading his last post) that's fine too.

D

Duel

Okay, I'm sorry. Being online all the time, I don't usually have that problem.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Duel has a point about self-fulfilling arguments. Looking back on it, I'm just glad neither Spiderman nor Duel started a debate about that comment. Oh well...

By the way, for anyone who read this entire thread and still wants to know what to call me, I said something earlier, but everyone seems to be calling me TICM, so just use that.

What an unnecessary reply...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I had a problem with it so I didn't argue about it :)

It's probably my fault everyone is calling you TICM. I just started doing it because I like to call everyone by their aliases but yours is just way too long to keep typing in :) so I shortened it. I must have missed what other name you wanted to be called by (although if it was your real name I probably wouldn't have used it either).

D

DÛke

...GOD! This conversation was one of my favorite argues of all time! We should argue about stuff like that. I like arguing...
I want to argue...
Is there any good topic?
I want to talk...

A

arachiron

Gizmo, the 9th dimension sounds interesting. But how is it proven such a thing exists? I've seen work on the fifth dimension-- 3D drawings of what it might look like ect., but if we still are not sure up to that point, how can we even grasp a ninth? Our lowly minds can't even totaly comprehend quantum mechanics yet. I know, I know... far be it for a stupid little high schooler to criticise or even *question*:) Where did you find it out by the way? (I'm kinda a art/science freak)

D

DÛke

...it's all within your mind...
...All build in...
...All of it...
...Non you need resource for...

You know, if only people could forget about what they believe in, and try something new, or just basically look at the "big picture", you'd be surprised on how much changes will occur in a short period of time...

But no, we have to see it as "logic" or "illogic", "real" or "unreal", "true" or "false", "fact" or "fiction"...It's all nonsense...ALL of it...
Look at the bigger picture, you'll see...
You WILL see...

G

Gizmo

Pro-level Magic kind of makes you associate with loads of Maths wizards, but bizarrely enough it was a the guy who introduced me to Mage, not Magic, who told me that. He works for NASA and is just generally a big bag of 'stuff I don`t need to know but thought was kind of cool' - he told me first, and my brother is on a Maths course at Uni and when I tried to trick him with my superior knowledge he looked at me like I was telling him grass was green and the sky was blue.

Apparently it`s only relevant to really freaky pure maths puzzles and the like - but as far as science is willing to say anything is true, they are held to exist.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Why don't we move this thread to the Classic Forum? j/k :)

I'm just glad I found it again.

D

DÛke

...I think you missed it due to your long absence - because of your server/whatever problem.

...you would have had a blast...I did, Gizmo did, and Spiderman did...

It was great. :)

I still think people should let go of their minds and adapt to their inner unconsciousness though...many would find a lot of buried treasure over there. I did find...many, unused, unreal, illogical, and otherwise unbelievable, out of this world knowledge and abilities. I'm speaking from pure essence of experience. :)

A

Almindhra

And just enlighten us all Duke, how did you delve into the unconscious...Did you do this by yourself?...Because that is quite a feat...

If, of course, the unconscious exists...

D

DÛke

...I didn't perform it myself, of course not...

Almindhra, it will be hard to demonstrate to you anything if you don't know that the unconscious does exist.

What you're really lookin' for is bickering...and I really don't feel like arguing with you anymore.

A

Almindhra

Actually no, if you're going to make statements like that, trying to be 'all deep', I would like to know how you came to this...

I'm taking a class on psychoanalysis right now...And I'm not sure if it does exist, and you seem to know all the answers about life...So please, do share...Did you go to a psychoanalyst lately?...If so, where was this?...

D

DÛke

...I don't think I need to go to a psychoanalyst, for I am one myself. How do you think I figured you out so easily? Please, I didn't even have to be a psychoanalyst to psychoanalyze you; you're too predictable by yourself, there's no need to waste my extra effort in order to figure out someone as transparent as yourself.

...and why would I wanna share anything with you, again? You're too low for me to understand. I tried comprehending you, but I can't sink that deep. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.