Fantasy Football 2008

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay guys, it's that time of the year again. I set up a new league here with the same settings as last year.

League #163880 pw dwarven

I kinda like the autodraft from last year as we ended up with a lot of parity and didn't have to meet live, but I can change it to whatever you guys want to do.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd like to meet live, even though I missed it the past few times that we did it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Ransac said:
I'd like to meet live, even though I missed it the past few times that we did it.
I agree. Set a time soon and just don't change it. If people can make it, great for them. If not, they autodraft.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll agree with that, too. If we set a time now, no one has an excuse. If someone has work, then they get to make money while we play an online game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

I have a headset + mic, and can arrage something like a teamspeak server..

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Teamspeak would be nice, but I'm not sure if everyone is going to want to use that.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you in Modus? You follow American football?

All right, let's set up a time and date. I can tell you right now, like usual, I'm only available on weekends and evenings after 9 PM EDT is best for me.

M

Modus Pwnens

No, not really, but for some reason you guys started to talk about meeting live, so I thought I'd jump in :D

What's all this about anyway?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if you follow sports, but American football starts in the fall, so we're doing what's called "fantasy"; picking players from each team to form our own teams, then those players score points depending on their performance during games and so the highest team with points win games during *our* season.

I guess it'd be like you and people picking the best soccer (or football over there) players from different teams and seeing how they perform in games (goals scores, goals saved, penalty kicks, etc) and adding to your team score.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
They want to hold the draft so that people are picking at the same time and on line for it. There is the option to set a draft order list, then the site (Yahoo) would draft for you based on your pre-set list. They want to have everyone gather at their computers and make the picks "live".

I did this for Australian Rules Football a few years ago and I know nothing about the players or teams, but it was kind of interesting and I learned a little about the game.... It's free and worst that can happen is you lose every game (like I did).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
For the drafting of the players. We can either meet live in a chat room created by Yahoo! Fantasy Sports or set a pre-ranked list and have a computer do it for us.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
For the drafting of the players. We can either meet live in a chat room created by Yahoo! Fantasy Sports or set a pre-ranked list and have a computer do it for us
Or both.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, typically both, but I was merely answering a potential question of "What if you can't be online during the draft?"

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

Is there some sinister reason that we're starting scoring in Week 2 again?

I'm hoping that the time we set for our draft is early enough that we can score Week 1, unlike last year.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rokapoke said:
Is there some sinister reason that we're starting scoring in Week 2 again?

I'm hoping that the time we set for our draft is early enough that we can score Week 1, unlike last year.
Well, it worked for me last year... :D

No, I forgot about that. I'll go and change it to Week 1.

Let's set the draft time and date by Monday, 7/28 (because I'll be gone most of next week). If we haven't settled on a good time, then it'll just be autodraft.

D

DarthFerret

I of course will attempt to prticipate again this year, even if I had a horrible showing last year.

R

rokapoke

So now that we've got a good solid 8-team league, can we set a draft date? Just pick some weekday evening / weekend and lets do this!