Fantasy Football 2008

R

rokapoke

Your availability matches mine pretty well. No complaints here.

D

DarthFerret

My availibility will kinda match Rokeapokes except for this weekend....I will not be back until Saturday evening (late). So anytime after that I should be good to go.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm pretty free with very few exceptions. Just pick any date/time (except for Sunday mornings) and if I can make it, I'll be there. If not, I'll piss and moan, then I'll deal with it.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Monday of next week is good. Tuesday through next Sunday is bad. So I wouldn't worry too much about working with my schedule.

B

BigBlue

One BIG problem w/ Autodraft is knowing what other's have picked - when you have some live - some Auto...

We can do a "live" draft here and then a manager can update the league manually...

(Just a thought)...

Oh yeah... I joined - looks like there are now 9 players... need 1 more to make it even. :) I hate bye weeks... especially in an uneven season where a player gets 2... We could always make a "goldfish" team...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think you have to have an even number of teams to have a draft.... I hate the goldfish team, but if it has to be it has to be.....

Hey KJ! Come on you can just set it and forget it....... the draft by list is easy and you never klnow what you're gonna get.......

anyone?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I can always make the dummy team again...

I'd rather not do the live draft here since, going by our experience with Magic drafts, we're probably not gonna finish in time for the season :)

So how about 8/17 (Sunday) at 9 PM EDT?

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
So how about 8/17 (Sunday) at 9 PM EDT?
Sure, works for me.

But I would strongly oppose the goldfish team. Just set a team to autodraft and leave the team alone, except to replace injuries.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if you're mixing up "goldfish" with "dummy" team, but I think that's what I did last year: set the dummy team's draft to the bottom players and didn't even bother replacing the injuries.

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
Set the dummy team's draft to the bottom players and didn't even bother replacing the injuries.
See, that's what I'm rallying against. Don't add artificial bye weeks, just make it the "Yahoo default" team. Leave the draft order as is and the roster will fill with the best available players, so at least the team will be middling, rather than terrible. An "extra bye" team makes for a very unbalanced schedule, since some people would face that team twice while others would face it only once.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Piss-and-Moan: Craps.... my internet at the apartment has been very sketchy and the school isn't open on Sunday....

Deal-with-It: Oh well.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean for replacement of injuries? We can just say that the best available player at that position replaces him... what about bye weeks for the players on that team? Same deal - best player replaces that bye player who's already on the roster?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That works, but if KJ would get off his behind and pilot the team we wouldn't have this problem...... or anyone else for that matter..... who's not in yet?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, get KJ over here... If we have 9 teams, I think we have pretty much everyone who's gonna play...

B

BigBlue

As far as drafting here goes...

I was just thinking it gives people a bit more time and meets odd time zone constraints... we could even just run the first 2 rounds... then the mod for the league assigns those players and we can use autodraft for the rest... At least you used to be able to do that in a league... I haven't run one for years... :)

Yes, potential Injuries are a problem the earlier you draft... but that's the price you pay... League owners could also proxy pick w/ someone in a live draft if they want to - if we get the draft order early...

I can make myself available for a Sunday Draft as long as I'm not out of town or anything... 8/17 is a date I should be around.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I will be at GenCon on 8/17.... but I have no problem with using my list to draft.... I did it most years.