Fantasy Football 2005

Melkor

Yes, another player that my regular season juggernaught can come up short to in the playoffs. I'm the Billy Beane of fantasy football. I should start looking at a players heart and intangibles, instead stats. I mean anyone can put up numbers but it takes a special player to win championships.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in...I'd rather do the draft on the weekend though - it's too hard to find the time to get everyone together on a weekday. Spidey, you have access at home now, right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've always had access at home, just never any time to really get on. But for this once a year thing, I think I can manage :)

Actually, it looks like everyone so far is available weekdays at night except Mondays and Thursdays. So if your proposal is based on availability of others, I propose a Tuesday night at 8 PM EST. If you yourself is unavailable except on weekends, then I propose a Sunday at 8 PM EST.

T

train

Melkor said:
Yes, another player that my regular season juggernaught can come up short to in the playoffs. I'm the Billy Beane of fantasy football. I should start looking at a players heart and intangibles, instead stats. I mean anyone can put up numbers but it takes a special player to win championships.
How 'bout them patriots...;)

unless others prod for a weekend - TomB would you be available Tues. night?...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Nope...I work nights, so unless you wanna do it at midnight CDT I won't be there...:(

T

train

Sunday evening should be good for me - the rest of you guys?...

If that's the case it will be set for 8/21...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Doesn't this have an automated draft to go along with the live one?

I will be on a plane coming back from GenCon August 21st.

If the automated thing will work, I have set some draft orders.
Even though it's a bad way to do it, I'll live with it.
This is free, right?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sunday Night at 8PM works bests for me, but Tuesday 8PM works too. Just as long as it's night-time (6-10PM) and not Monday/Thursday, I'm fine.

Ransac, cpa trash man

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
This Sunday at 8pm EDT? That would work for me, and it would be a week in advance of Mooseman's trip home from GenCon...Would THIS Sunday be okay Mooseman?

Oh, and yes, it's free. Yahoo leagues are cool like that...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it sounds like it's gonna be this Sunday... I'm gonna have to try to check in tomorrow to make sure if it's not confirmed by the time I leave today...

And yes, the draft is automated if you're not there to pick. Whoever is in the highest slot in the Yahoo rankings is given to you when you run out of your own personal draft order.

T

train

I guess I'm wondering where "this sunday" came from...

but if that's what you all want - we can do it...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
This Sunday is cool.
Since it is automated, any time that is best for the majority, will be fine by me.

T

train

Okay guys... I don't know why (unless it was filled by other leagues already) but it wouldn't let me change it to this Sunday evening...

So it has been set for 8/21, next Sunday evening at 8:30pm..

sorry guys...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool with me...I misunderstood the Sunday talk in the first place, and thought we were talking about today, and when it sounded like it would be better for Mooseman it seemed like a fortunate error, but that day s/b no problem for me...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, originally I was talking any Sunday, but it did seem like people could do it yesterday... but I guess we'll just miss Mooseman next week. The date's good for everyone else?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arggg! The draft started great and then some weird setting with Norton Security kicked in and I guess thought that the draft was some attack on my machine and started sending me to a Fantasy Baseball draft info page everytime someone drafted at about the 3rd round. So I had a couple of odd choices there... I certainly wouldn't have picked my second DEF right after my first and I would have preferred to get a WR instead of Tiki Barber (which is why when I finally fixed it I had to grab 3 WR's straight). So I guess we'll see how I do... but that sucked for a while :(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Man, I can't believe that NO ONE drafted Priest Holmes in round 1. That was awesome to get McNabb/Holmes on the wrap-around.

I also can't believe that my pre-rankings let me draft such a great team (and that Dallas Clark ended up being a last round pick).

Good luck guys!

Ransac, cpa trash man