Fantasy Football 2005

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I have a friend that pays for 2 leagues out of his pocket, then he invites us all to play for free. He's the one that buys the trophies too.

It's good to have money to burn...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Are they expensive leagues?

A friend from work plays in two money leagues - one's big time; apparently he splits the fees with the another friend (something like a couple hundred). Of course, the payoff is big but still...

And another one he's in I think costs about $50. I said I'd do a $5 buck one maybe :)

But I'm trying to get him to do our league next year...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Not too bad...I believe he said each was less than a hundred to pay for, so with the cost of the trophies thrown in I'd say he spends maybe $300. a year, give or take. I offered to help by paying my share before, but he said he just likes playing in leagues with his friends, and he can afford it.

I think he just likes being the commissioner...:cool:

A

Apollo

Have you guys seen the yahoo! profile things? It shows you all the trophies you've won in your fantasy career, all of your teams and their finishes. It's pretty cool. Go to profiles.sports.yahoo.com to see yours, and put /whoever at the end to see other people's. So, for instance, mine would be www.sports.yahoo.com/apollo909

D

DarthFerret

I actually won the "Toilet Bowl" in my league this year. That alone gave me $100! Plus, I have an extra $50 in winnings from having the high point total in 2 different weeks. The league I am in cost about $100 and I think he was talking about a trophy for the winners of the league, and for the winner of the toilet bowl (that is the bottom half of the league come playoff time). Unfortunately for me, I think that means that I will end up with a decorated Toilet Seat as my trophy...but still ... the money is good!