Every one is a dang Legend!

M

Multani

I'm already a legend.
Darn. :(
But at least they made me hard to kill. :D

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I am currently not a Legend, and with good reason. In order for you to be a Legend, you need to have a good story, and therefor a good writer.

My writer stinks. I sacked him last week, because he called me a cook. I am a Chef dammit.

But if any1 wishes to be my writer/card maker, they can feel free. The only thing I ask is that my flavor text is this: "On Phyrexia I am a genious, but here I am a cook."

I'm done ranting.

T

The Magic Jackal

I used to be a legend, but people said I was too broken :(
But......I'm going to post it again! This time we'll try to make it a little more balanced.

The Magic Jackal 2BBBUUU
First strike, haste
0: the magic Jackal phases out
BBB,T: Remove a creature target opponent controls from the game. Search his hand, library, and graveyard for a copy of the card and remove them from the game.
Pay half your life rounded up: Look at target players hand and choose a card there.Search his hand, library, and graveyard for a copy of the card and remove them from the game.
5/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

Jackal 2UB
2/2
haste, first strike
During your upkeep, detroy a random creture in play

3: cannot be target eot

BBBBT;Remove a creature target opponent controls from the game. Search his hand, library, and graveyard for a copy of the card and remove them from the game.

Pay half your life rounded up: Look at target players hand and choose a card there.Search his hand, library, and graveyard for a copy of the card and remove them from the game.

A

Apollo

Whimsical: I love both of the flavor texts, they're more than I could've hoped for. I think I'll go with the 2nd, just so my card doesn't seem too serious. Thanks for the help.

DUke: It's a good idea, but I want my phoenix to be able to come back if he's Terrored or something the turn he comes into play. Plus, it can still be used in combo decks with green for all of those land-finding spells. All in all, I think I'll stick with the one I posted earlier.

Jackal: The main problem with your card is the phasing thing. Your creature effectively cannot be killed. So people will just use some reanimation spell and put him into play without even playing blue. Once he pops into play in the first couple turns, the game's more or less over cause Jackal will zap anything of there's that ever hits play and cannot be killed.

Thanks to those who commented on my card. Hopefully, it'll get in the 2nd CoW expansion. You'll notice I stole the Durdan thing from the expansion, so that it'll fit in if it does make it. I hope CT didn't copywrite the name or anything :)

Apollo

W

Whimsical

Always glad to be of service, mister Apollo sir!

And I came up with the cards ... on a whim, Mister Duke sir (I smell a pun there somewhere). I guess having a twisted sense of humor helps...

You're right about the selfish attitude of my card though...

Whimsical, Adorable Sliver
Creature - Legend
BRGWU
5/5
Trample
May not be the target of spells or effects. Whimsical gains -4/+4 when attacking and +4/-4 when blocking. All slivers you control gain this ability when Whimsical comes into play, T: This sliver gains trample and +2/+2 until end of turn.

"Can't seem to make up her mind, can she?"

The Zadok card I made is in tribute to the man's extreme speed when giving out those adorable orange titles and as for the Duchess? <laughs> Like all my cards, it's a joke...

That reminds me, I'd better work on Mister Phyrexian-Pie-Eater's card...

Phyrexian Pie-Eater
Creature - Pie-Eater Legend
0/6
Trample
During your upkeep, sacrifice a Pie token control or bury Phyrexian Pie-Eater. 0: Sacrifice a Pie token you control to give Pie-Eater +1/+0 until end of turn.

"In Phyrexia, I was a genius. Here, I'm just a cook."

An alternate flavor text would be...

"MORE!!!"

And to dispel confusion about Pie tokens, here's mister Pie-Eater's normal card...

Chef of Yawgmoth
Creature - Chef
1/2
T: Sacrifice a creature you control to make a number of 1/1 Pie tokens equal to the creature's power. You may not use ability on a creature with power greater than Chef. At end of turn, if number of Pie tokens exceed toughness of Chef, bury Chef.

"In the end, the Pies overwhelmed the chef because of one simple error on the chef's part...he made them fast baking."

Enjoy!

[Edited by Whimsical on August 22nd, 2000 at 01:58 PM]

D

DÛke

**Claps hands for Whimsical**

You make great cards. You know, there's another card that could fit this pie collection cards. Istanbul's card, he'd go great with Phyrexian Pie-Eater. I think they'll ban Istanbul because of the great synergy he has with Pie Eater.

Here's Istanbul's card:

Istanbul, The better Pie Eater than the Phyrexian Pie Eater 6
Legendary Artifact Creature
As long as Istanbul is in play, all permenants count as Pie tokens.
X, Tap: Put into play X Pie tokens into play. Treat those tokens as 1/1 Artifact creatures.
4/4

"I like pie..."

An alternate flavor text would be:

"Did you ask for pie? Here, take those, they should keep you busy for the next few centuries..."

You see, this Istanbul card could get really nasty with your Phyrexian Pie Eater. It's like when you play Istanbul and you have a Phyrexian Pie eater in play, you win!

**Note: Istanbul is banned in all formats:)**

Whimsical, Adorable Sliver
Creature - Legend
BRGWU
6/6
Trample
All Slivers gain +1/+1, Trample, First Strike, Banding, Haste, Protection from all colors, and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
0: Put a sliver token into play. Treat it as a 5/5 artifact creature.

**Whimsical is the most broken card in Magic!:)**

Z

Zadok001

:) Whimsical, that's a cool version of me... A little... Uh... _Strange_, but cool nonetheless. I must ask, though. While I understand what the haste and play as instant stuff is supposed to mean, I'm slightly worried about the 'Bury at end of turn' clause... :)

Do you want me dead? J/K

N

NeuroDeus

NeuroDeus, Goblin Overseer
4RR
Creature - Legend
All goblins gain +2/+3 and a landwalk of your choice.
R : Put one 0/1 goblin token into play.
3R : All goblins gain protection from the colour of your choice until end of turn.
3/6

Rulings : NeuroDeus does not get +2/+3 since he is a not Goblin but a legend.
The landwalk must be choosed when goblin king comes into play.

Tournaments have always banned this card [put date here]

I

Istanbul

...I already HAVE a card.

Istanbul, Control Mage 3UU
Creature - Wizard Legend
0/3
U: Istanbul, Control Mage is untargetable until end of turn.
UU, T, Choose and discard a card: Counter target spell.
"No."

D

DÛke

You are like Crovax. You'll get more than one legend; you know, one before, and one after, the transformation!

By the way, your card is cool too.
I think it's better than Ertai.

W

Whimsical

That new version of my card by Mister Duke sir is VERY broken. <smiles and takes a bow> It gives me a nice and fuzzy warm feeling to be appreciated ... <starts beating ego down before it flies her off to Oz>

And why would I want you dead, mister Zadok sir? <waves frantically for the slivers to hide the murder implements>

Seriously though, mister Zadok sir... I came up with the card because I had a hunch everyone else would be expecting a Greater Good fanatic card ... and I have a serious history of deviating from social norms.

I've hit 41 posts, mister Zadok sir. Does that qualify me as a CPA member already? ^_^

Off-tangent question. What card would best replace Howling Mines (these buggers are harder to find than an intelligent date on a Friday night) in a Red Sligh deck nowadays?

Thread commentary. Something about designing your own cards apparently brings out the power-monger in us all ... <points to the card proposals as an example>

[Edited by Whimsical on August 23rd, 2000 at 11:30 AM]

M

Multani

This means war! :mad:

Tree Lord
3GG
Treefolk Legend
3/3
Tree Lord cannot be the target of
spells or abilities.
0: Remove all Mercenaries from the game. Sacrifice all of your creatures except Multani, Maro Sorcerer.

"Think of him as the Secret Service."
-Multani

Closed Borders
5GGG
Enchantment
Creatures you control cannot be the target of spells or abilities. You cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
No creatures can be played.

Pay 9 life: Destroy Closed Borders. This loss of life cannot be prevented or redirected.

[Edited by Multani on August 23rd, 2000 at 10:13 PM]

I

Istanbul

I know this is off-topic, but...

....while nothing really replaces Howling Mine, I guess the next-best thing would Grafted Skullcap.

C

Cateran Emperor

Cateran Behemoth
3BBBB
Trample, Pro. Green
0, Pay 10 Life, sacrifice all other creatures you control: remove all green permanents from the game. Behemoth gets a +1/+1 counter for each permanent removed in this way.
5/7
"Treefolk, it does a body good!"

D

Dark Horse

Mogg Accountant
Creature- Goblin Legend
2RR
0/3
Tap Gain control of one of your opponents cards and put a number of collateral counters on it equal to its casting cost. When there are no collateral counters on the card, put it back into play under your opponents control

5: Remove a collateral counter from target card, any player may play this ability.

Tap Sacrifice Mogg Accountant: Audit your opponent. For each dollar below budget they are, deal 1 damage to them.

"Mr. Grok, your 12 elves below budget. Thats not good."

Gotta love them moggs.

A

Almindhra

FoR made this for me for his sliver set...But I thought I'd show me here too...And tell me what you think...

Almindhra, the Chaotic 3RR
Creature-CPA legend
3/3
At end of your turn destory a random creature in play.
RRR; Target player chooses one: Opponent is dealt damage equal to the number of lands they control. Or: You look at target opponent's hand, choose a card, they are dealt damage equal to the casting cost of that card.
"Do NOT piss her off...She'll open up a can of whoop-ass!"
-Casey Seiter

How could I hurt you Zadok?...heh heh...Is that better?...I'm not quite sure how to word it...

[Edited by Almindhra on August 24th, 2000 at 02:15 AM]

Z

Zadok001

Whimsical, done. :) Sorry that took so long.

Almindhra (God I hope I spelled that right... I want to live!), shouldn't there be a 'Whoop-ass' in that flavor text? :) Or is that supposed to be a literal statement?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I beleave my quote was

"Do NOT piss her off...she'll open a can on your ass!"

hehe, I think shes good!