Do these people annoy you?

Do these people annoy you?

• Yes they annoy me! Time to do some house-cleaning!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes they annoy me, but oh well.......their choice.

• I don't really care one way or another.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, they don't annoy me exactly, but it is kinda weird that they don't take advantage of a wounderfu

• No! there's no reason they would annoy me! Who are you to insult these people!

• Dumb subject! Let us never speak of it again.

• No! They don't annoy me........YOU annoy me by posting......this stupid thread!

• Total voters
D

Dementia

What if a member with 0 posts has a screen name that someone else wants?

I don't know about you, but when I go to a new board and try to sign up as Dementia, and the name is already taken I am dissapointed.

Now if I looked that name up, and the guy who had Dementia had been on the boards for like a year and hadn't posted at all I'd be pretty upset.

OHHHHH the injustice;)

Just thought I'd bring this up since this part of it hasn't been argued yet.

D

Duel

No injustice, just pick a new name. Oh well, you won't be referred to as dementia.

*Side note: I wanted Zadok001, but would they let me have it? Noooo! :)

*Side-Side note: About the saga of Zero, I think you guys are missing the point. A girl wanted to impress magic players...... Wow. ;)

A

Almindhra

A female trying to impress Magic guys?...Not that difficult...:p...

N

Namielus

Yes I'm gonna choose now to jump on the boards and be sexist, when have magic playing guys ever succeed in impressing a female? Not trying, mind you, succeeding.

All I know is that Zadok gets repeatedly bludgeoned by his mistress of a girlfriend, but maybe thats just to keep appearances.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If someone else has the same name and got it before you, I'd have to say you gotta get a new one (or until that site does maintenence and wipes out old users). I mean, look at my name... how popular is that? Except for here, the Dojo, and Wizards where I was lucky enough to get on when the boards were starting, I'd probably guess that in other places it's taken. It sure is on IRC... :) Just let people know who you are so they don't get confused (although it will be probably obvious to old-timers).

G

Gerode

I sign up as Gerode at any free email place I can so that nobody steals my identity. Unfortunately, those SOB's stole my Hotmail and my cable ISP's name. That angers me. I need to send an email to them right now...

D

Dementia

My main peave is that there are morons out there that go by the name Dementia and they ruin ALL Dementia's reputations.

Why I bet there is someone out there right now with my name not being crazy and hitting peole with chairs:eek:

Don't want anyone getting the idea that I'm normal;)

I used to be real mad because my prefered username was Gunslinger. That was always taken. So I went to MTGnews and picked my signature card as my name.....Dementia.

That works fine for some sites, but the more crowded places have that name taken too.

So on AIM I choose Chairslinger. Figure it out;)

But low and behold. That name was already taken on Napster:eek:

So now I use ChairWieldingManiac. That's NEVER take:D

N

Namielus

My problem was webservers, you see Suleiman is a comman arabian name or something like that, so they was all taken so getting a domain name never would have happened so I employed the backwardz name tech, thus you deal with Namielus and not Suleiman

D

DÛke

...to me on AIM.

Duke was taken. No big deal, since Duke is a popular word, and possibly a name...

CPADuke was taken.

DukeCPA was taken.

CPAdukeCPA wasn't, so it became my name.

I realized how stupid CPAdukeCPA sounds...so...

...Delerium was taken.

...Deleriuma was taken.

I decided to be a little enigmatic and reverse Deleriuma into Amuireled...but was taken too!

Once I got so pissed off...

I realized that "Delerium" isn't really spelled with 2 e's, but like this: Delirium, with 2 i's. It was ONLY the band's (Delerium) intention to spell it with 2 e's as to show the deliriousness of the band. So, I spelled Delirium, and was taken. Deliriuma was taken also. Finally, Amuiriled, the reverse of Deliriuma...surprisingly was NOT taken...and it's my AIM name now.

I really don't understand how "CPADuke" and "DukeCPA" could be taken...or things that's so vague like "Amuireled" (with 2 e's)...