Dissension Previews

B

BigBlue

Ahhh yes EricB... I had forgotten him.... Clockwork Creatures.... oh, they are +1/+0 counters.... darn it all....

As for the other one from today.... 187 creatures... put a man o' war on top of your library.... get to use him twice... then use one of those cards which puts a creature back on top of your library....

The other ones I like are the pirates (a few creatures ) from Masques which make opponents pay mana or sac permanents when they come into play...

E

EricBess

I was hoping it would work with Tetravus. Now THAT would be some fun. Unfortunately, those aren't activated abilities, they are triggered :(

Limited - I missed "end of your turn". I was thinking it was "end of the turn". My biggest issue was the inability to attack with the creature. With the ability to attack, it becomes a bit more of a "Sneak Attack" type-card.

B

BigBlue

Actually, with a Clockwork Dragon you could add +1/+1 counters to your dude for 3...

Isn't there a piece of equipment which attaches to creatures which come into play and gives them haste and something else? Haven't kept completely up with the game... :D

N

Nightstalkers

You mean Lightning Greaves or Helm of Kaldra?

Neither have the "when a creature comes into play" thing, but Lightning Greaves is a 0 equip cost that grants haste and the inability to be targetted by spells and abilities.

N

Nightstalkers

lol, Spidey is slipping...

Simic looks like they'll be a bit interesting. Methinks the auras will be a bit more humorous to toss in after the Simic Guildmage hits the field.

Vessel of the Muse = Teh fun

Avatar of Discord just looks like an odd Ball Lightning...

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
Avatar of Discord just looks like an odd Ball Lightning...
Yeah, but it also looks like the first thing previewed so far that I might actually use in a deck... :p

N

Nightstalkers

Ransac said:
New mechanic: Hellbent-gains double strike when you have no cards in hand.

A mechanic whose sole purpose to to give the creature another mechanic?
They went the totally opposite direction as to Kamigawa's spin on the whole red/black ordeal (instead of filling your hand, now you empty it). Hellbent just makes your cards wicked sick with your normal "newbish" gameplay of "empty my hand by casting everything I can at my opponent".

Check out the "Anthem of Rakdos" for a better insight into how nasty those Rakdos wanna play. Sure all your creatures get +2/+0 until end of turn when attacking at the cost of you takin' the hurt of 1 life per critter swinging... but if you dumped your hand and are fully hellbent on killing your opponent, your creatures now deal double damage.

So Rakdos is basically for the player who is hellbent on aggressiveness. :D

L

Limited

I love that card. 3/2 First strike who lets everybody discard cards..

Rakdos is making me :)

E

EricBess

1/1 uncounterable fliers have historically been pretty good. The limiting factor is going to be "...only during your upkeep."