Dead Man's Treasure

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'll play a face-down card on island #4.

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 CF a-
4) 7 4 4 .. b4 d2 b? d-
5) 4 6 5 BG a-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g? c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

Dead Cards: bB, d1

E

EricBess

DarthFerret's card on 7 is a 1 and sageridder's card on 4 is a 5.

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 CF a-
4) 7 4 4 .. b4 d2 b5 d-
5) 4 6 5 BG a-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g1 c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

Fred's card is a bomb, but I'm not going to tell you which Island he put it on... ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll play a card on Island #3

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 .. a? e-
4) 7 4 4 CF b4 d2 b5 d-
5) 4 6 5 BG a-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g1 c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

L

Limited

The card already on Island nr 3?

Five big ones, baby!

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 .. a5 e-
4) 7 4 4 CF b4 d2 b5 d-
5) 4 6 5 BG a-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g1 c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Going to Island #5...

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 .. a5 e-
4) 7 4 4 CF b4 d2 b5 d-
5) 4 6 5 BG a? f-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g1 c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

E

EricBess

Okay, pause for just a moment. We have a couple of discrepancies to work out.

While we're at it, I'm wondering if we should impliment some sort of procedure for problems that might occur.

For example, in this case, a player has played either neglected to PM me their card or PM'd me a card that they had played previously. Once the card on the Island gets flipped face-up, they have gained a piece of knowledge that could be very important if they were inclined to cheat.

I like the fact that everyone can flip their own cards face-up because I'm not on all the time and it allows the game to continue without having to wait. I would rather impliment a system where the play becomes a specific card. My thinking, for example, is that the card played will become the highest card the player has that doesn't give them any additional control of the island.

Take an example, suppose Oversoul had neglected to tell me what he had played on Island 4. I would PM him and let him know that whatever he had intended to play, his play would instead become the 6 because a 7 would tie him for control of that Island. If he had already played the 6, it would be the 5 instead.

Thoughts?

If everyone feels that is a fair way to handle it, we will impliment it going forward. Since it hadn't been discussed yet, I'm going to pause the game for a moment until the current situation is cleaned up.

L

Limited

Are you suggesting a way to penalize people who forgot to PM? Or a restriction on which card we can play?

I for one have no problem relying on the honor system; if somebody forgets to PM, he can probably remember which card he meant to play and be honest about it.

But perhaps we shouldn't forget to PM EricBess :)

S

sageridder

Rembering to pm would seem to easy to forget. Keeping track of what you have allready played should be easy to because we say what we play in the title of the pm just check your sent folder. I don't feel strongly about it but would rather have Ericbess fliping the cards it would also be interesting if someone intended to play a bomb in that situation. I'll go with whatever the group wants, whatever is less confusing is probably best.

E

EricBess

Limited - I'm just talking about people who forget to PM.

My only concern is the temptation based on the situation. I'm good with the honor system if everyone is okay with that, but consider the following. Suppose there is a face down card on an island and I would really like to gain control of that island. Based on other plays and where cards are, I'm guessing that the face-down card is a 2 or 3. Just to be safe, I decide I want to play a 5, but I forget to PM. The face-up card is revealed to be a 5.

At this point, I realize I forgot to PM and think to myself, "where's the harm in just playing a 6 instead"... In the end, I decide to be honorable and play the 5, but...

So far, it sounds like people want the intended play to happen, so I see three possible options.
1) Complete honor system.
2) Modified honor system. Basically, we give someone one "oops" and if they forget again, we figure something out that everyone feels is reasonable.
3) We let me flip. People can still keep playing if they aren't interested in the affected island, but I do the flips just to make sure decisions aren't tainted. I don't like this option as much myself just because I feel it might slow things down, but I can try to check in every couple of hours if it's the option that people would rather take. Personally, I think it's probably funner for everyone if they have the chance to flip their own cards.

L

Limited

If we do two (which is fine by me) I think the easiest way to prevent people from cheating is to not allow them to post their own plays. They simply have to PM EricBess and he posts their move.

This way, the game doesn't slow down as much.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That sounds reasonable to me... as long as we can still trash talk on the thread so it doesn't get stale.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can try #2 also with that once a player uses his "Oops", EricBess from then on is in charge of that person's flips.

E

EricBess

Okay, that works. Everyone currently has an "oops" token in front of them. If there is a problem, I will take your opps token for at least 1 turn and you will need to PM me your play, as well as suffer the humiliation and additional trash talk of the group.

And yes, Ransac, you can post with or without an "oops", but just don't announce your play.

In the meantime, I think we are back on track

a) Limited
b) sageridder
c) Ransac
d) Oversoul
e) turgy
f) Spiderman
g) DarthFerret

Code:
1) 3 3 1 .. f7 c-
2) 4 5 4 .. e1 f-
3) 4 4 4 .. a5 e-
4) 7 4 4 XX b4 d2 b5 d-
5) 4 6 5 .. a2 f-
6) 5 5 7 .. c-
7) 4 5 7 .. e6 g1 c-
8) 6 4 7 .. a6 g-

Two of Limited's cards flip face-up. The 5 he already mentioned and a 2 on Island 5.

DarthFerret is up.

Almost mised it - With the play on Island 5, Ben Gunn moves on. He and Captain Flint are currently both on Island 4.