Daddy...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I'm not sure why these things turn into debating DUke's character. I would edit this whole thread, but it got too turned and tangled even for me. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Originally posted by Ferret
you know, looking at how things are going of late, I predict a massive, global change sometime in the next 25 years. I'm not talking global warming or a nuclear war, but a massive socio-political change that will redifine everything that we know. I'm not sure how or why. I just know it will...
I'm willing to bet it'll be about water...

D

DÛke

Those statements don't contradict, Apollo. You quote it them so they contradict. When you quote me, please at least be honest so as to quote the whole deal, alright? Here's how you quoted me:
Apollo:

I would consider such a thing, but the only thing is: my grade has always been mostly an A on such papers.
I will only point this out because it is important: you placed a period, indicating the end of my statement. However, here is exactly what I said:
Myself:

I would consider such a thing, but the only thing is: my grade has always been mostly an A on such papers; I admit, there are few with Bs, and some with Cs as well.
You placed a period where a period I did not place. I wouldn't point toward this, but you know...it's cute how you completely ignore my confession of Bs even Cs on my papers, and only look at my As. I consider a C a complete failure. I don't accept Cs. They are offending. Those Cs and Bs are the papers that were degraded due to style, and not content. And that I despise. There is no contradiction here...

...there is you being blindly hateful again, inventing a reason to hate me, to the extent that you are willing to obviously misquote me, reinvent what I say wholly, only to make something civil out of your hatred. You could have admitted: you don't like me and you don't know why you don't like me. It would have saved us so much trouble; you would have saved yourself so much time. But no, you insist on giving a good personality to your otherwise poor distaste...

And you don't stop with that quote, but you go further - Quoting Gizmo all over the place, without reciting the entire thread, and how I did explain myself after Gizmo had informed me of my poor - very poor - explanations. I took his advice. To say it once again...I don't care if you are rude to me or not, I don't care if Gizmo was rude or not - his statements were true, and that's all I need. You can be as rude as you want, as long as you give me good reasons...but all you do is reinvent, misquote, and other acts of childishness...

...and then you blame me for your misquoting!

...it would have been more honest to give a link of the entire thread in which Gizmo had said all these things, so we can see the context, and so we can see how I reacted after he had exploded at me. You will see that I had maintained my calmness towards him, and that I took his advice.

But no, you deliberately misquote, rip statements out of their background...heck...I'm surprised you didn't just pull a quote out of nowhere by now and blamed me for it!

At the end, my question is exactly like that of Spiderman: I don't understand why conversations always turn to "debating" my character, especially when the original conversation had nothing to do with that sort, and in fact, that the conversation had been going quite fine, with me and Rooser at least.

What did you do in here, at the end? Nothing. You simply stated the obvious - you stated that you dislike me; you still tried to make yourself feel better by masking your baseness with a civil taste; and yet you still fail; really, let me ask again, what was the point of all you said? All you did is distract what was a clearly thriving, civil conversation. And Yet I am stupid, and yet I am silly...

Please, if all you can bring is hate with out context or reason, than why bother? I already knew, and we - you and I - had for long severed our bonds...why reintroduce history here, when you're not willing to add any new colors to it? What is the purpose? The conclusion of your observation: "Duke is stupid, don't listen to him." But have we not reached this before? You, Almindhra, Arhar, FoR, Gizmo...have we not gone over all such feelings, to the point that you can't even ignore me? Your little crusade wants even new members, even those who think I am saying something worthy, you want even my friends, Dune Echo and Sageridder, to hate me. And you call yourself a "happy" little boy? All that hate, all that teenage angst, all that base contempt, and you call yourself happy? All that hate…that flourishing and proud hatred, all that…all that…and you dare utter “happy”?

Let me say it: I realize that I am disliked around here, I know that you would rather have me gone...and obviously, from these pointless reactions of yours, I know the intensity of your feelings. I know all of it. Not that I don't care, but I swear...I tried to reconcile with members like Almindhra so many times, but she hates me – I even went as far as asking why she hates me, but hatred is all it is at the end – reasonless hatred. The same with FoR, the same with Arhar. I tried. I cared. Should I keep caring for people who are bent on these instincts, who simply hate without giving reason, muchless, guidance? No. I moved on. You too, my friend, should move on now...because I understand your view against me; I understood them a long, long time ago...

…my God…

N

Nightstalkers

At the end, my question is exactly like that of Spiderman: I don't understand why conversations always turn to "debating" my character, especially when the original conversation had nothing to do with that sort, and in fact, that the conversation had been going quite fine, with me and Rooser at least.
This is a little thing which keeps me reading and replying to all of the threads which you post in Duke... Har har har!

Puke? no no no, thats distateful... :confused: some wierd little nickname other than fruitcake :confused: ah hell, i'll think of it sometime.

all that base contempt, and you call yourself happy? All that hate…that flourishing and proud hatred, all that…all that…and you dare utter “happy”?
Contempt, hate, embitterment, it all makes up stronger, you that much weaker. —Ancient Creedo of the Nightstalkers

Why? Happyness is a weakness of the human being, and thusly should be eradicated from the being to clense the soul. Pity? Pity the weak for what they could become if only they tried, and pity the mighty for what they would become if you just tugged a few strings of their very world. The hatred deep down inside, nourishing the primitive creature so that it will keep going, in this small fact, why do you think the old always choose to die instead of living? With ultimate knowledge cometh the deliverance to the other plane.

:(

Don't cry for us, we're already dead.

R

Reverend Love

Don't cry for us, we're already dead.
I wouldn't say that so openly here...Necrophiliacs have been known to prowl these boards.....watch your bones.

N

Nightstalkers

they would have to know where to look for our grave, now would they?

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
You know, I'm not sure why these things turn into debating DUke's character. I would edit this whole thread, but it got too turned and tangled even for me. I'll just keep an eye on it.

I'm willing to bet it'll be about water...
BACK ON TOPIC!

Water? Hmmm...not enough or too much? I'm wondering if I should update my wardrobe to look like something from Tank Girl (not the title character, thank you) or Waterworld...

...seriously. One thing we can expect for the next 5-10 years is lots of wars, lots of random unrests, more chaos than you can swing a dead puma at. It doesnt' matter who's in the White House. It will happen. Wars happen every day w/o American intervention, but I don't see Susan Sarandon protesting them...

Simply put: instead of just sitting around and complain about what's going on why not just sit back and look at it w/ a cynical eye and say "That's kind of funny" or "Why are people getting so pent up over THAT?". The world is a fun place. If more people spent time enjoying it maybe we wouldn't need all these silly wars...

-Ferret

"Still, they make great reality Tv shows..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Water? Hmmm...not enough or too much?
Not enough. Too many people are using up the available freshwater resources and it's still too expensive to convert seawater to freshwater (which basically makes the remaining seawater saltier anyway, at this point, since all they do is dump the salt back in the ocean) and we're polluting what we have. Just in the US, we have problems: the West with the river in the Grand Canyon (name escapes me), The South/Texas with the river bordering Mexico (can you tell I'm good with names), the Mississippi River, the Great Lakes, and the Potomac. And I'm sure there's more.

In the MidEast you have the Red Sea and the Caspian Sea, I think China has problems with their Ganges River, probably the Nile and Amazon are being hit... it all adds up.

T

train

Colorado in the Grand...
Rio Grande bordering Mexico...

"But you knew the names of the overseas ones Spidey!";)

Did you all know that the Nile(I believe it's the Nile) runs from South to North?...

L

Lotus Mox

Originally posted by Spiderman
(which basically makes the remaining seawater saltier anyway, at this point, since all they do is dump the salt back in the ocean)
Doesn't the water also get back into the ocean somehow?
I mean the sun probably lets more water evaporate out of the oceans than the humans are able to ;).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but it's a gradual sort of thing, not like when a plant when processing seawater dumps who-knows-how-much-salt all at once back into the ocean.

I mean, I'm not saying the entire ocean gets saltier all at once, but if the seawater plants are ever built on a mass-scale due to water needs without an adequate way of getting rid of the salt by-product (I assume it's not crystallized like in the store ready to be packaged, otherwise they could just sell that too :) ), then it has the potential of upsetting the balance without letting the sea creatures adjust.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, we just need to build more desalinization plants. We have a bunch in Florida, but we still have water restrictions every year! I don't get that...

-Ferret

"Salt: the REAL spice of life - try living w/o it!"

N

Nightstalkers

Salt, what a wonderful thing...

Can't live with it,
Can't live without it.

You always get just enough,
but when you get too much
then you dry up like the prune...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But that's what I'm saying - I think the plants are more expensive to run than worth it (right now) to make freshwater "profitable". That's why they're not being built as much. Of course, if it gets to the point where they're needed, I'm sure they'll be built...

T

train

I think if we jst seeded more and more clouds it would be better than the desalinization plants...

"Every cloud can produce rain... it just needs to gain a little weight..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I think the rainfall would be uneven, plus clouds aren't always where you want them.

Better water management is definitely necessary.

T

train

I think the rainfall would be uneven, plus clouds aren't always where you want them
I have a bit more insight to this as it's being used in our area... by my VP's father no less...

Anyhow, if a cloud is seeded and does produce rain, depending on the size and period of time it rains, it still rains... In our area - mainly agricultural, for each rain deposit we get from the sky, that's less water we have to use from our wells, aquifers, etc... just to keep the crops going - the livelihood of TX...

So no matter where the clouds are here - it's worth seeding. Even uneven rainfall is beneficial to the crops... If it's enough rain, it not only wets the crops, but also runs into the wells, and aquifers giving us a double bonus of none used, but some gained(from/in the aquifer)

I guess it depends on where you live...

But even living in the city - if the drainage, and sewage drains work as they should - all the rainfall you get should be of use to the treatment plants... And people wouldnt have to water their yards and plants as much - again saving water from your supply...

"Seeding clouds is only worth it if you want rain..."