Daddy...

D

DÛke

Ferret:

I get bored easily.
And here we read what the so-called free individuals are like, we even see as they reveal themselves, reveal their unfreedom. You get bored easily, and war is your entertainment? Behind this I hear a desperate soul and desperation...I hear the common flu of a one who believes himself to have stood before the question mark of life, and even answered it...

...but no. You get bored. You are not that type of man. Hence, you would still be standing, and simply have no time of being bored. War is your drowning. You love it, and you list it as an object, because you have no other purpose - your life is purposeless; you, as a human being, are the representation of what is shallow in man, who by nature needs and demands an exterior, outward distraction from himself only to entertain that bordom, to flee yourself.
Ferret:

If you want to call me a 'Nationalist' then I must repeat Nightstalker's subliminal text.
First, let's avoid being stupid and call it "subliminal." Second: this reveals a lot - it reveals the American way of treating those who insist on seeing, needing, and wanting more than just the following:
I have opinions. If some large group of sheep shares my opinion, so be it. I'm not one of them.
Prove it. Show it. Insofar, all you have done is say this, over and over again, but you have never shown it. At the end, again, I dare you to show me anyone who will say that he is an inferior, merely a basic animal. Your type of people have nothing to show but their demand to be treated and viewed as "individuals."

Why, if you were unique at all, we would have noticed, your spirit would have spoken for itself by now, don't you think? But no, you have to defend yourself...because there is nothing there: you defend your nothingness.

But I will take your advice!

I will surely take your advice!

...I will follow Nithstalkers "subliminal" text.

Really! It is apparent from your taste that you do not even realize what the sublime is...

N

Nightstalkers

*Gives Fruitcake a round of applause...*

And what has this whole thing proven? nothing except your two views.

"In most instances, all an argument proves is that two people are present. "

A

Apollo

Actually, 90% of the time, DUke doesn't seem to actually have a view. He exists only to make long-winded posts about the stupidity of others and type in italics.

R

Rooser

Well, as crude as some of these other people are with words, I must say, I don't think what Apollo just said was entirely out of line. I only say this because you seek to condemn me for not understanding your ideals exactly, when it sems to me that you seek to make your exact ideals unobvious, amorphous, or even nonexistant, though I wish to give you more credit than that.

But regardless, it is a simple argument that you are elitist, because I can see that without having to expound on any specific ideals at all.

But first, give me more credit. I am not so hasty as to judge you elitist simply because you are confident/arrogant/profound. That's not it at all.

I say you are elitist because multiple times you have drawn a line down the mass of humanity and divided it into a group of "good" and "bad", as most recently demonstrated here:

What is America and American, first, believe it or not, is due to a sick majority of people who, like you say, fall all too easily to the traps of the government and media. Well, there is our problem! – our problem is the weak and pathetic who fall that easily; our problem are those who we ought to save, to put it in a way of your manner.
So without knowing your exact ideals, I can see clearly that they involve the condemnation of a certain type of person. This would logically entail some sort of rubric for judging how a person should be, (though, again, you have not said enough to reveal exactly what that rubric would include). So, yes, I can't hammer out your specifics, but clearly you are operating on ideals which involve the judgment and segregation of humanity, (hence, elitism). Sort of like the Nazis, albeit your ideals are probably far more logical and humane, (enough so, in fact, that the comparison is probably monstrous, but it should give you insight into why I would be opposed to such elitism).

R

Reverend Love

I like to view his posts as logic void run on sentences wholly relying on abstract metaphors. Spiced mildly with self incriminating hypocrisy..

(By his own admittance all of the world is subject to the social degradation of Americanization and thus raping humanity of it's luster. Henceforth mere animals and it's his position to state as such...but since A: He lives in a society under said Americanization barrage and B: Is an obvious consumer of such Americanization, wouldn't that make him a mere dumb founded creature running with the soulless flock as well?)

...but hey to each his own...speaking of that Wal'Mart has a sale on Tube Socks and lord knows I loves me some Tube Socks.

D

DÛke

Apollo:

Actually, 90% of the time, DUke doesn't seem to actually have a view. He exists only to make long-winded posts about the stupidity of others and type in italics.
Well, all I have to do here is point to my posts - whether they make someone look bad, that's not my problem. The thing is, there are bit of insights in many of my posts, some things which run counter to what little kids and, especially Americans (I call Americans "kids"), would find offensive, at times - naturally - incomprehensible.

90% I make no sense, is it? Or 10% of the time you have capacity of actually understanding what I say? I will not make the choice, but we should think of it this way as well, because who knows, maybe it is this way? Let me entertain the thought that I have been actually writing nonsense, for 90% of the time. To be fair, let me entertain of the thought that you have been only understanding 10% of what I say, and blaming the rest on me...

Rooser:

I only say this because you seek to condemn me for not understanding your ideals exactly...
I seek to condemn? Well. Let us grow up and act a little more manly and not take anything as a condemnation.
Rooser:

I say you are elitist because multiple times you have drawn a line down the mass of humanity and divided it into a group of "good" and "bad"...
Can you do otherwise? Can you write anything without making someone out to be an inferior species? Sure, you call your inferiors "naive," maybe, or you call them "in need of saving." You are still making them out to be inferior, especially inferior to you, since you haven't said that you need "saving." So are you an elitist? I don't think so.

Let me put it this way: as long as you begin to find principles founded on what you believe is right, or what you believe to be free, or what you believe is love or hate, or good or bad, as long as you are an individual, you will by nature be seen as an elitist. That I don't abide by your conventional, home-made principles, too, makes me seem like an elitist. And who knows! - I might as well be! After all, I am "out of line." I will not accept the good-feelings the subhumans generate only to conceals their weaknesses, their inferiority to what is a better human being. As long as you grow higher, you become smaller to average people, the "down to earth" people, hence you are growing above them, higher, like the stars. And we know how grand the stars are! Yet we see mere dots. And people have a tendency to call what they don't understand "mysterious," "illogical." Do you remember when, once at a time, the Sun was worshiped? Today, there are hardly any such people - because the sun has become a common knowledge, something known. If it was still incomprehensible 90% of the time, or more, it would still be a mystery, still different.

But I will save you some trouble. Yes, in a word, those who I make look bad run contrary, and sit on the opposite end of what see as good. You say that Americans are easily fooled. I say a better man is not easily fooled, and so, Americans are an antithesis of what is, in possibility, a greater human being. Is that elitist? Call it whatever you want...in truth, it will be one thing and one thing only, and this is it: Americans are easily fooled, and what is a better man, is a little more awake. Period. Call it racist. Call elitist. Call it hateful. Call it terrorism. Call me a Nazi. You can't begin to offend me, and I wont shed a tear. I've had PMs from this message board telling me how much they "hate" me, how they wish me dead, how they want me out of this world. Trust me, I've heard it all.
Reverend Love:

By his own admittance all of the world is subject to the social degradation of Americanization and thus raping humanity of it's luster. Henceforth mere animals and it's his position to state as such...but since A: He lives in a society under said Americanization barrage and B: Is an obvious consumer of such Americanization, wouldn't that make him a mere dumb founded creature running with the soulless flock as well?
Now, you guys, what would I say for myself if I haven't already warned against such idiocy? Let me quote myself:
Myself:

This edit is merely to prevent a forthcoming idiotic commentary by any of our dear members - someone would, like before, take this very literarily: "aren't you using a computer!", "aren't you wearing American-inspired and fashioned clothes!" - they forget to see that my comments here are directed toward them, the people, the people as mere animals.
There, Reverend Love. Now, if you were not the little idiot that you are, you would have read this and maybe, at least, thought about phrasing your questions a little more intelligently. Perhaps you could have asked: "But Duke, how do YOU feel about living in America and being an American; how do you feel consuming American products? Does it not sound a little hypocritical to you?" See, this would have been something I would respond to.

Ferret

Staff member
It's kind of funny (I laugh a lot reading the posts in this thread), but DUke reminds me a lot of myself when I was his age...

I was 19-20, arrogant, thought I knew everything and that my opininon was the ONLY opinion. I still think there's nothing wrong w/ that, but along the way I found that being a non-conformist just for the sake of non-conforming was just silly. I refused to follow any crowds. I had my own fashion sense (still do!). I put down anyone that was stupid enough to label themselves. I felt that it was easy to condemn groups of people by attacking the individual. It made me feel superior. I was BETTER than everyone else. Hooray for me....

...then I grew up (a little). I went through a couple dozen roommates and addresses. Went to (and dropped out of) college a few times and learned how to survive in the real world. I also learned that being a non-conformist bastard does nothing more than alienate everyone.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still follow the beat of my own drum. I still like to trash groups of small-minded people. And, I still believe in being a little self-righteous. The only difference is that I'm not afraid to say things like I have conservative views, I am proud to be in America (if anyone quotes Lee Greenwood, you will die, though), and I am content w/ the way my life is right now.

So, before everyone goes off on DUke again, remember that he still is learning how to hate everyone. Once he gets that down, perhaps he'll learn how to accept other people...

-Ferret

"... and maybe one day he might learn to love :)"

A

Apollo

The thing is, there are bit of insights in many of my posts...
Arrogance at its best... And by the way, that should be "bits," not "bit."

90% I make no sense, is it? Or 10% of the time you have capacity of actually understanding what I say? I will not make the choice, but we should think of it this way as well, because who knows, maybe it is this way? Let me entertain the thought that I have been actually writing nonsense, for 90% of the time. To be fair, let me entertain of the thought that you have been only understanding 10% of what I say, and blaming the rest on me...
So what you just said was that you don't know whether you're incomprehensible or whether I'm dumb. If you can't even judge that, how can you judge Americans as a whole?

I seek to condemn? Well. Let us grow up and act a little more manly and not take anything as a condemnation.
This, for instance, doesn't make any sense. If something is a condemnation, how is it manly to take it otherwise? An intelligent man sees things as they are, so they take a condemnation as a condemnation, not as anything else.

Can you write anything without making someone out to be an inferior species?
Why sure, just watch: I like pie. There, I wrote something without making anyone out to be an inferior species. Now you try!

Let me put it this way: as long as you begin to find principles founded on what you believe is right, or what you believe to be free, or what you believe is love or hate, or good or bad, as long as you are an individual, you will by nature be seen as an elitist.
Not true. Rando, for instance, has principles and beliefs on all those issues, and yet he is not seen as an elitist by any of us. It must just be something about you, huh DUke?

After all, I am "out of line."
Umm... who are you quoting with those quote marks?

I will not accept the good-feelings the subhumans generate only to conceals their weaknesses, their inferiority to what is a better human being.
First of all, it's "good feelings," not "good-feelings." Second, it should be "conceal," not "conceals." You'd think a better human being would have a better grasp of grammar. And last, what are you talking about? What "good-feelings" do I generate to conceal my weaknesses? Why don't you give me an example? And how am I subhuman? Humanity is merely a species, defined by your DNA makeup and cellular composition, so I am as human as you are.

As long as you grow higher, you become smaller to average people, the "down to earth" people, hence you are growing above them, higher, like the stars. And we know how grand the stars are! Yet we see mere dots.
In addition, as you get lower, smaller, you become tiny to the average person. You are shrinking down away from them until you are like an insect. And all the people see is a mere dot. By the way, who are you quoting when you say "down to earth"? You do realize that quotes are supposed to be used when you are quoting somebody, right?

And people have a tendency to call what they don't understand "mysterious," "illogical." Do you remember when, once at a time, the Sun was worshiped? Today, there are hardly any such people - because the sun has become a common knowledge, something known. If it was still incomprehensible 90% of the time, or more, it would still be a mystery, still different.
This example is particularly good. You, my friend, are just like the sun. There are people that still think you are saying something worthwhile in these posts of yours, because they don't know much about you. But once you become common knowledge, people see you for what you are--one big ball of gas.

Yes, in a word, those who I make look bad run contrary, and sit on the opposite end of what see as good.
How was that "in a word," anyway?

You say that Americans are easily fooled. I say a better man is not easily fooled, and so, Americans are an antithesis of what is, in possibility, a greater human being. Is that elitist? Call it whatever you want...in truth, it will be one thing and one thing only, and this is it: Americans are easily fooled, and what is a better man, is a little more awake. Period. Call it racist. Call elitist. Call it hateful. Call it terrorism. Call me a Nazi.
People as a whole are easily fooled. It's not just Americans, it's everyone. I don't call it any of that, I just call it absurd.

You can't begin to offend me, and I wont shed a tear. I've had PMs from this message board telling me how much they "hate" me, how they wish me dead, how they want me out of this world. Trust me, I've heard it all.
Evidently, then, you can't take a hint. Nevertheless, fortunately, making you cry was never a priority of mine.

This edit is merely to prevent a forthcoming idiotic commentary by any of our dear members - someone would, like before, take this very literarily: "aren't you using a computer!", "aren't you wearing American-inspired and fashioned clothes!" - they forget to see that my comments here are directed toward them, the people, the people as mere animals.
Just because you anticipated Reverend Love's reaction does not mean that you countered it. Basically, all you say here is that it's OK if you are Americanized, because when you insult Americans, you're talking about us, not yourself. It does not change the fact that you were ridiculously hypocritical.

Now, if you were not the little idiot that you are
Oh boy, the "better man" resorts to name-calling. And rather poor name-calling, at that--at least Nightstalkers does a good job of it.

"But Duke, how do YOU feel about living in America and being an American; how do you feel consuming American products? Does it not sound a little hypocritical to you?" See, this would have been something I would respond to.
No, you wouldn't. You would have just used that same dumb quote of yourself and called Reverend Love an idiot. Then you would have talked about Hitler.

Ferret: I hope that when you were young and stupid, somebody came along and reamed you a new one. :p With luck, DUke will turn into a respectable person like you have, but I find it more likely that he will piss one too many people off and get beaten to a pulp in an alley somewhere.

N

Nightstalkers

Perret: I hope that when you were young and stupid, somebody came along and reamed you a new one. With luck, DUke will turn into a respectable person like you have, but I find it more likely that he will piss one too many people off and get beaten to a pulp in an alley somewhere.
Everyone goes through their own a s shole stage in life... some just take longer to get out of it than others :rolleyes:

D

DÛke

I was waiting for some real substance, some real refutation, something profound to come out of Apollo's mouth...but his good-natured post ended without saying much. Allow me to explain. For those who can't handle it, this is a huge post...:)

Where have I attacked someone, for example, for mistyping words, or for their grammar? Have I been such a bad person so as to dismiss someone's intelligence merely based on their word-count, word usage, vocabulary, and the like? Have I made a case, or even mentioned such little things as "hey, you typed this, it should be that..."? Please show me if I did!

When you look at my posts, indeed, when I look at my posts, I see arrogance, extremity, dislike to the point of hatred you can call it; I see an enraged human being; I see gloom; and I will be the first to admit: I see simply too much of a good or a bad thing being wasted. After all, is it not a waste? Even if it is good, it is clearly a waste! And if it is bad, well, it is an "innate" type of waste, a "natural" sewage...

But we shouldn't consider whether it is good or bad, should we? We should not judge the few insights I managed to pull, no matter how little...no, all that does not belong to us, does it? What belongs to us is this: good spelling, good grammar, no personality, staying within the bound of language rules (as in, quote only when you are quoting, and not when you are, say, being sarcastic or making fun of an idiom, like "down to earth.") - to put it in a way Apollo can understand it: we ought to judge a post not from its content, but from its appearance. Does it look good? Exactly how many errors does it have? 2? Maybe 3 or 4? Well, 5 is our limit. We object to anything else! Furthermore, does it use language in a different manner? Or does it keep up with what have been decided...because you know, there is nothing uglier than a man who breaks the rules of language - see poets, see Nietzsche, see Goethe, see Schiller. We don't accept such criminals here.

What's that you say? You want to speak about the content within the post? Hell with that my friend! Hell with all of that. Again, our virtues and our ideal is the appearance: does it look good, or does it have that offensive quality about it? Does it offer happiness to our immediate needs, does it please us? Does it affirm us, for example, or does it affirm something else? Does it love us, does it "tolerate" us, or does it engage in our affairs? Because you know, a good post is always judged by how much it affirms and says a good old Yes to us and a big fat No to anything beside us. Let us steer clear from any No-saying brats!

Apollo, you are inferior to me because of the way you attempt at refuting me. Gizmo's blatancy, direct hatred, at least, had some insights in them to who I am. For example: he called me a "reject of society." Very true, by the way. He also called me "lonely," and that too could not have been any truer, and only coming from an insightful man. He said, for another example, that I will be the man who sits out in the cold watching others enjoy themselves in a warm, comfortable restruant, smiling and laughing with their families and friends - and in that, too, as hard it is for me to consume, as much of an outcast and a poor figure it makes out of me...indeed, as much as hurtful it is, I will still say "Yes" and that he could not have described my future any better. I can dig up the thread for you if you want, to show you what type of human I condone, even if that human hates me to no ends, as Gizmo. That he posses the ability to see into me, that is only rare. And it is a difficult task being seen-through - it is very difficult, very shameful too...it sends a message to one's self: "you are too shallow." And that is the message I received from Gizmo's conclusion of me.

Really! I shouldn't call Gizmo's distaste towards me "hate." Hate is blind - it hates simply because its instincts tells it to hate. And when you ask: why hate? It says: "I don't know, I just do." And it attempts to justify this by recalling how "Nature" implanted this hate in it, and how instincts are the only sure things we posses, and that, since they tell it to "hate," it will hate.

I have come across such subhumans before. They are very common.

One of their qualities is that, once they attempt to show "why" they are hateful or in a state of dislike, they only reveal that they are subhumans. For example: they will post what appears as a good post, even include some 15 quotes to "prove" their points...but, since they have no awareness whatsoever as to why they feel the way they do, the simply end up unmasking their nothingness, their valuelessness, shining with pride their subhumanity - they will say no much. Their reason lacks an insight, lacks a personality. You will see them look at the smallest things, sniffing for anything in order to give a good personality to what is, from the beginning, only a child obeying his basest feelings. They will not be dissatisfied with the ideas a person had presented, but they will be dissatisfied because of many things. Out of anger and past mishaps, for example. Out of envy, maybe. Out of a popular opinion, out of conformity, out of being contaminated by such opinions. All in all, they will never, or only very vaguely, bring to light how the ideas themselves are unsatisfactory - they will only lash out with blind rage without giving the slightest instruction. And with that, they will fail to see a single good in that which they attack, hence they are blind - they see only what is bad, what is inadequate...and if it does not exist, they will look for anything, no matter how microscopic or irrelevant to the conversation or the growth of the argument...indeed, if not finding anything, they will even put their petty brains into awesome work, and using all their talents to invent anything so as ot present it as: "Hello! And this would be my reason for bluh bluh bluh..." And even those reasons, as aforsuggested, are laughable - they are like child's scribbling which you can only nod to and say "Oh! Wow! How great! How wonderful!," not out of the beauty of the scribbling, but out of generous-feelings, out of "encouragement," but never out of sincerity...

Apollo, in the end, I tell you this: I respect those whom I see worthy of any respect at all. Just before my "coming back" here I PMed Sageridder to make sure that he is not in any way disappointed in me, or my views - to make sure that what I say does not become a reason to break a friendship. If it does, you can count on it: I would stop. Sageridder may only PM me and suggest to me that he would like me to cool off for a while, and I will bow, Nod, and without questioning remove myself from this. And let me add how Sageridder is a one who will readily disapprove of all that I am saying in my recent posts! That must come as a shock to you.

Another member who I have only become only so fond of recently is Dune Echo. The man disagrees with me like any of you, but he disagrees with a good reason, to the effect that he, in return, gives me insight to myself, to the extent that he teaches me of how I am flawed, and not without a good taste either! I remember what I said one time: “Now that’s a moderator I’m willing to respect.” And I will say it again, but slightly different: now that’s a human being I’m willing to respect. Now that’s a man-animal as a man-animal, in the very least, should be.

I could speak of Gizmo once again, and his outrage against me. But I respect him.

Should I even bring train to this little list of people? I don’t hold train as highly as the others, but at least he's a man with a slight sense of decency, who admits to me what he feels: that man will always be man, that is, will always be base and low, that our basest feelings are our instincts. It is a confession only a honest man can say, for, indeed, to many, baseness is almost a Nature of its own; an unsurpassable, indestructible and whole Nature as Nature is. Even other members, like Multani, have shown respect to train simply because of his honesty, because of his arrogant but right on the mark honesty.

Why do I respect these men unconditionally, even when one as Gizmo clearly states that he hates me and that he wishes me dead? Maybe that should be your question. Maybe. But it seizes to be a question, however, for I have already answered it through and through: that they offer a little reason, which you lack, through and through and through. Here I am looking at your vulgar (and by vulgar, here, I mean very average, very subhuman) post once again, and fail to see the slightest remark that is both constructive and rude; all I see is revenge, revenge, revenge; hate, hate, hate; attack, attack, attack…but only one good reason I don’t see, only one attack on my ideas I don’t see. I see an attack on me as a person, and only as a person. Show me a little respect by, at least, admitting that I have stated few reasons towards my attack on America and Americans; I can point out to my examination of Nature, my examination of tolerance, for example…and those are only in this thread. There are more in older threads. But your attack, indeed, from its beginning towards its end, only attacks me as a person, and does not touch on the heart of my ideas, not even on the surface of my ideas and reasons...

Arrogant: therefore irrelevant.

Awkward with grammar, in fact, sloppy and childish, and ooo…he misspells!: therefore irrelevant.

“They don’t know much about you!” They only need to know you and your past!: therefore irrelevant.

Italicize many words: it attributes a sense of irrelevancy!

But what about the content, what about my few insights, my few suggestions? No, those are irrelevant to our judgment.

Content, after all, are not something Americans and subhumans strive for…

A final note to our dear Ferret here: please stop comparing yourself to me. We aren’t exactly alike. I am not an inborn American. I have a different type of pride and hotter blood – I come from a background of Muslims and hot-tempered fellows. My own relatives, related to me genetically, have not yet “grew out” of this phase – they, too, have this pride about them, this endless sense of superiority, higher taste, and all with good reason too. They didn’t fall down like you have, supposing that what you say is in fact truthful, that you were anything like me at this age. We have our different goals in life, our different destinies…some of us fade, no matter how bright our destinies are, just like the stars – they burn away their miles all too quickly. Some of us take time to burn away themselves, to collapse as you have. Others, and I have seen such people in history, never burn away. They are the eternal stars in our skies. There are still other types of people…like: some never burn, they simply decay – subhumans. Some are contaminated by subhumanity, and thus belong to subhumanity. The wheel of our destinies is as bright and as vast as the universe: we, as stars, burn differently – and thus we have our ranks: higher men, better men, good men, mere men, animals, subanimals, subhumans, Americans…etc…

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Ferret: I hope that when you were young and stupid, somebody came along and reamed you a new one. :p With luck, DUke will turn into a respectable person like you have, but I find it more likely that he will piss one too many people off and get beaten to a pulp in an alley somewhere.
Let's just say MANY people did. It forced me to have to re-evaulate my opinions and learn to be a little open-minded...

-Ferret

"Just a little, though. :D I have a reputation to keep"

A

Apollo

See, DUke, you missed the entire point of my post. In my previous one, I had said that 90% of what you said didn't make sense. You countered by suggesting that perhaps I was just incapable of understanding your brilliance, and that you would consider both possibilities.

So all I was doing was pointing out why your post made no sense, so that you could judge for yourself which was the case. And I think I made it pretty obvious. Several times, you've said that whenever you write a paper, your professor shows it to other professors, passes it around so that everybody could see it. Obviously you have a very high opinion of your writing abilities, but at the risk of being extremely mean, did you ever consider that perhaps he passed your paper around so they all could laugh at it? Your poor grammar, terrible spelling, misusage of words, convoluted analogies, and poorly placed expressions (such as "in a word," when you type a paragraph) make 90% of what you write simply incomprehensible.

So, DUke, that's all I was saying. The point was that it is impossible to counter your philosophical arguments when the reader can't even decipher what they are.

Why do I respect these men unconditionally, even when one as Gizmo clearly states that he hates me and that he wishes me dead? Maybe that should be your question.
I don't need to ask that question, because I already know the answer. Each of those members were ones you once hated with a passion until they reamed you out so badly and made you appear so ridiculous that you could no longer even pretend to use your gibberish and absurd arguments to save any dignity. So now you tell the world that you respect them so that you can avoid further confrontation with them and convince yourself that you didn't actually have your head handed to you by them.

And finally, my favorite quote:

Apollo, in the end, I tell you this: I respect those whom I see worthy of any respect at all.
DUke, you're fond of telling us how little you care about our opinions of you. "You can't begin to offend me, and I wont shed a tear," you say. And yet, what you don't seem to realize is that nobody cares whether YOU respect THEM, either! Don't tell me who you respect, or why you respect them, because it doesn't matter to me or anyone else. You're a silly kid who has convinced himself that his opinions matter more than anyone else's, that your view of the world is definitive and final and that you are better than everyone else. And yet, when it comes down to it, there you are, not even old enough to drink, insignificant to the world, sitting down at a computer and posting on this board because pounding out post after insufferable post fuels your ego and gives you a feeling of power and intelligence. You think you're "rising up above us, among the stars," but you're nothing. And you need to figure that out.

D

DÛke

Apollo:

The point was that it is impossible to counter your philosophical arguments when the reader can't even decipher what they are.
Well, thanks for deciphering your own point, my friend...because it was obscure, to me! But with being clarified, it also becomes very fragile, and breaks quite easily.

Dune Echo, for example, didn't really think it was "impossible to counter" my ideas. In fact, he engaged right in them; he dived right towards their heart, towards the heat - he didn't think it was "impossible." The man sent me an email telling me how reading my posts had been the most exciting thing in his past 48 hours of his reading my posts. And not that I didn't appear humble before him...I am a humble, shy person - but I only appear that way to human beings. He went as far as suggesting that I should begin writing books...

Rooser, insofar as I have spoken to him in this thread, is capable of understanding and replying to my posts, with ease too, I add. He doesn't seem to have that sheer impossibility which others seem to readily and easily come face to face with. I will agree, he doesn't understand much of what I have written as well as Dune Echo, but he at least sees the point well enough to argue about it. And he has.

But the bad feelings which rest at the bottom of your petty soul, your "hatred" towards me I should say, that ugly image which you have created, an image that loses its reality as soon as it comes in touch with reality - such an image, which only lashes like a hound at me without any sense, refusing to even face the possibility that I am a person with a little more credit than you like to give, perhaps more than you like to entertain or even confront! Who knows...

But your hatred towards me - your blind and merciless, your pointless hatred towards me which you try so hard to give a good personality to, which you like to dress with a good reason, does not work. And here is one example:
Apollo:

I don't need to ask that question, because I already know the answer. Each of those members were ones you once hated with a passion...
This assumes that I hated Sageridder "with a passion," ever! I only wish he was here enough to supply his personal view on this matter - he will only tell you that he regards me as a good, old friend of his - from the good ol'day so of MTGnews, till now. In fact, he will tell you that we never had a single bad-feelings towards each other, not a single moment of hate, not a single scent of resentment, which you supply over and over again in your posts towards me. As far as my "passionate hatred" towards Sageridder goes, you only made up the "fact" - that childish fact of yours - because you have no other. Because you don't know why I respect those men, because you don't like to entertain the idea that there might be something wrong with you...at the end, because you don't even like to ask why I respect them! Instead, you create "facts" that do not relate to me nor those who you mention, like Sageridder.

As for my hatred towards Dune Echo. You really seem talented at entangling yourself in thick webs! Dune Echo and I have only had a great relationship, and never, ever anything else. He has never argued against me, but always with me. When you say I hate this man, or I once has, it sounds unbelievable to me. It shows how little you know, but what is sad, it shows how little you like to confront how little you know...and yet you dare give me advice!

In your blind massacre to discredit me, please, at least have enough respect to members who are in this, like Sageridder or Dune Echo, enough respect to not assume of them, giving what you assume as a "fact." But even such little respect lacks! And I am the last to be shocked.

The only case which might seem as you describe is with Gizmo. But I can't offer a "proof" here, since I really did hate Gizmo for the longest time before respecting him. Still, I say, I respect him not because he "brought me down," and "exposed" me - no. I respect him because he is more honest, and knows his reasons for attacking me. Unlike you, who only hate and attack blindly...as clearly - perhaps too clearly - demonstrated by your posts and my exploiting of them...

I will not forgive myself if I refrain from mentioning your profound childishness. And we come in touch with this immaturity of yours here:
Apollo:

Obviously you have a very high opinion of your writing abilities, but at the risk of being extremely mean, did you ever consider that perhaps he passed your paper around so they all could laugh at it?
I would consider such a thing, but the only thing is: my grade has always been mostly an A on such papers; I admit, there are few with Bs, and some with Cs as well. I know they're not really "laughing," because they call me up to their offices to discuss the topic further. They, too, like Dune Echo, find their hours more exciting, more challenging, upon reading my papers. This, and I will mention that my name has been submitted to the Deans list of students of accomplishment. What is my accomplishment? Stirring flames, challenge, and casting a sense of doubt even amidst the most solid of ideas, even amidst "facts."

Apollo:

Nobody cares whether YOU respect THEM, either!
And I don't care that they don't care. But I should say, speak only on behalf yourself when you say the bold and daring "nobody."

I'm sitting by my computer. I need your type to entertain me - your subhuman type. Sometimes I laugh. I confess, at times I cry...

...I don't understand how people like you, hateful, resenting, blind, filled with anger and rage...how such people are accorded freedoms. I can't understand on what level, on what "nature," on what "justice" that people like you - subhumans - are given their rights...

...I don't understand why people are not made to earn their rights, to earn their freedoms, one by one, and simply give it to them, like a bunch of sheep. Sheep and sheep-like servants often know nothing of their freedoms, they want to take it all the way - they think freedom is "freedom to hate," "freedom to resent," "freedom to attack," even without the simplest grounds for doing so. In short: freedom to be base.

...after all this, this rendezvous of your baseness and your basest impulses, this ugly nakedness of your baseness...after all this...how can I not think that you are beneath me? What have you given me, what have you shown me, what reason have you stated? Nothing whatsoever. Only few fits of rage; typical, human, subhuman fits of rage which every depressed teenager, every American, every subhuman is capable of generating, if only because it is the first impulse they receive upon confronting something beyond their comprehension, something that they clearly are unable to grasp. Yes, the first impulse I say, and I mean: the basest of all impulses.

...you try to make me seem like bad person. You attempt to discredit me even amongst people who respect me, like Dune Echo and Sageridder; you invent your illusions to hate...because in the end, you have no other than your illusions to keep you company...you have no reasons...even you are confused...

...whether I missed the point or not! What good is the point if I don't seek what rests at the bottom of it? And what rests at the bottom of it? Hatred. Immature dislike. Rage. Blindness. Subhumanity. And your posts have only shown it.

...I don't understand how the majority of your type are still thriving...I don't understand...really...I'm down right drowned in these questions...I don't understand how a person whose nature is to be base, how such a parasite is capable of living! How an inferior species of man has always thrived...

...I don't understand, my God...I really don't...

...and I'll say a thing I only reveal to friends, like Dune Echo, only through private discussions: that all I say is really my own thoughts playing with one another, that what I say is an essence of self-reflection, and not a "fact," that what I speak is not a fact, but mere suggestion, mere ideas. But not my ideas, not my suggestions that people really dislike, but me? Why? I don't understand. But I will remain thankful to those few who engage in a war against my ideas...

Anyway, this is really turning into something that will end up in vain. Apollo: I get the "hint" - for this or that reason, you are not fond of me. Alright, I accept it. I haven't asked to be liked. I wanted someone to entertain my ideas. Few have appeared so far, but you are not one of them. If you can't discuss my ideas...than you can't add anything new: I understand your position, as strange to me as it is...but I'll accept it.

N

Nightstalkers

in vain or in the vein... whats the diff?

Mods rule!

I'm a mod man, da dit da da dit ditty da, I'm a moood man!

Ferret

Staff member
How interesting...he totally ignored my post...I expected to hear a "Ferret, you're wrong as always" or something eight pages long telling me how my opinions of life are totally off-base...

-Ferret

"I feel so empty"

N

Nightstalkers

Ah, poor Ferret... :(

:D

Always overlooked. But when he crawls up your pants and takes a nice hearty bite from your Gizmo, ya really notice... :rolleyes:

A

Apollo

Ha, sorry Ferret, looks like this time I got the 8 pages. In your face! Maybe someday soon, if you're lucky, you'll once again be the beneficiary of a veritable book of DUke's wisdom mixed with name-calling.

Hey, DUke, here's something interesting I noticed. Here's you just now:

I would consider such a thing, but the only thing is: my grade has always been mostly an A on such papers.
And yet... here is you just a little while ago, talking about the same subject.

They all liked the papers, admitted to having fun reading them, and also admitted that the research was great...but they still raped the overall grade due to the style.
Why, that's odd, it seems that the two statements directly contradict each other! Could it be that one of them isn't true?

But anyway, DUke, I could go through this most recent posts and point out all of the fallacies and stupidity within, but it's obvious there's very few members on this board whose posts you even bother to consider the validity of. Gizmo is one of them, because you respect him. As such, I'll just give you a bunch of my favorite Gizmo quotes. Each and every one of them is about you. Enjoy!

Maybe before you aim for that A+ research score, you should learn to spell?
There a difference between a spelling mistake and a typographical error. Thats just yet more of your childish pedantry.
Hmm... maybe I'm not the only one that thinks spelling matters. But at least Gizmo is worthy of your respect.

As ever your response is meaningless.
Hm! Perhaps somebody else thinks your posts mean nothing. But of course, Gizmo is worthy of your respect, not me.

Please learn to write in comprehensible English, Duke. This isnt about us all being too stupid to understand the questions you dare to ask... its about your use of the English language being awful.
Ahhh, your statement before made me question whether or not I was actually too dumb to understand you. But now, since Gizmo, somebody you respect, clearly shares my opinion, I can only conclude that, in fact, your posts are incomprehensible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DUke: And government is simply a primitive form of life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gizmo: Meaningless nonsense. Explain yourself or dont make such stupid comments. How is a government in any way like a life form?

DUke: I'm not an anarchist, because I do not see the "government" in the first place.

Gizmo: Again, what does this mean? Nothing. You are using words you do not know the meaning of.
Oh, these are my favorites. You spout some more meaningless drivel, and Gizmo shoves it down your throat. I'm glad that a member you respect agrees that little of what you say makes any sense.

Is it just me, or did Duke just post a load of meaningless gibberish?
My meaningfulness comes from my ability to post coherent sentences.
Sounded a lot like meaningless codswallop to me.
These are all about you, DUke. Every one. And they all say that you post nonsense. Is Gizmo too dumb to understand your posts too?

You make it sound like everyone is "hateful, resenting, blind, filled with anger and rage," and that you're so intelligent and above us. But you know what? I'm none of those things. I'm happy. Obviously I had to read through a lot of old posts to find all these quotes. That's a whole lot of battles involving you, and I had to read a lot of that dreck you put up here. And do you want to know what the foremost thing I realized was? You really are pretty stupid, when it comes down to it. I'm ashamed to have wasted as much time as I have already reading your idiotic babble. I'm done.