D&D: Part One; Awakenings

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
train said:
Windcaller"Jax!!! - what happened?!!! - you were standing right there on the box!!!... and now I can't see you!... where did you go?!... can you hear me!... Jax!!!... Are you there!!!..."
"Wind, can you see me? Well, I can still see me... hmmm I've never disappeared before. It doesn't feel any different." Jax goes back to staring at the pillar.

I

InfinityCubed

Spiderman said:
** Gotcha... didn't know if you were responding to info from a PM or something...
**Yeah that's what I thought too lol.

Z

Zigathon

Jax flickers in front of you as he tries to "read" the runes.

***All required PMs have been sent. Sorry for the delay!***

I

InfinityCubed

"Ok there's nothing evil about the pillar, so that's a relief. And Jax, i'd be careful throwing around Wind in here, I think there's 2."

**I should have been windraper :)

T

train

Windcaller

"Oh - there you are Jax... it was like I didn't see you for a moment... But - if you were invisible, you might be able to see you... I don't know...

It seems that something is missing from the pillar though... one of the runes is not there...

Everyone, check your packs to see if it is in one of them we haven't opened yet... I'll check around the room..."

I

InfinityCubed

"I'm checking my pack now, to see if there's anything unusual in there."

**also on a side note, should we post everyone's character sheet in the thread once we get to know each other better? or pm them to each other or something like that?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"I don't know what's missing, but it isn't Hope, Trust, Friendship or Love," mutters Jax, "Hey, does anyone want put our hands where the missing rune is?"
Jax proceeds to dump the contents of his backpack out on to the floor, "I don't see any runes in here."

D

DarthFerret

If someone has an intelligent Idea...I will follow through with it....

Z

Zigathon

***I've always thought PCs seeing another's character sheet leads to a lot of metagaming issues. I.E. "Hey, so and so has the highest [insert name of skill] so we'll have him or her do that everytime."***

None of the emptied packs has a rune of any sort.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Zigathon said:
***I've always thought PCs seeing another's character sheet leads to a lot of metagaming issues. I.E. "Hey, so and so has the highest [insert name of skill] so we'll have him or her do that everytime."***
***I agree, secrets are meant to be kept quiet***

I

InfinityCubed

**Well I mean wouldn't that be best for the party? I mean if it was RL, which it effectively is as far as the game is concerned, I would say, "hey, I can stealth and sneak up on that enemy and steal X from them." but if noone knows you can do that, then we're running in on that mofo and slicing, which I had to get someone in trouble for in the last game that I played. I don't mind that we don't in the least bit, I just think that we would know what people can and can't do IRL.**

"Well i'm up for suggestions on what we should do to get out of here.

What about prying the box open somehow if it's still there and see if there's a rune inside of it?"

T

train

Windcaller

(Tries to open the box...)

"Maybe this will open..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Zylo gathers his things back up after realizing that his pack is filled with what he usually takes with him on a journey - nothing more, despite what the odd projection from the box had to say. He shoulders his pack once more, then telepathically instructs the owl to look for a way out of the room while he examines the pillar carefully.

**Attached is Zylo's spellbook and a list of his memorized spells...:)**

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Sorry guys, I have the 'missing' rune *Holds it up* It was loose so I thought I'd pry it off and see someone else might know what it means since it appears that none of us can read thre runes and we can't move the pillar."

P

pickles

*Gathers his stuff back up.*

"Maybe placing the rune firmly in place might help?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Does it matter? This place is getting boring," Jax comments, "just place the rune in there and lets get on with it." Jax begins to gather the things on the floor and put them into his backpack and pouches.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"All right, but if nothing happens, I'm taking it back."

I'll affix the rune back where it came from, pressing firmly.