D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Where are you ladies from? When did you arrive at the Palace? How did you get in?"

**Spidey, do we have open communication with the 'guardians' who let us in and out? I don't see how they could have gotten in here with the whole red aura and such without the Guardians having let them in. If the guardians say they are cool, I'll be alright with them, otherwise, these ladies are just more trouble.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We're from Karmekeikos*, we just arrived yesterday. We found a unused side entrance and got in through that; we figured the main gate was more watched or used."

* Karmekeikos - I'm not sure of the spelling as I don't have the geography of the "world" right with me - if the capital of the country you're in (which again, the name escapes me). It's a true city however - you have heard of it.

*** You don't have open communication with the Guardians - they're busy fighting off the forces that allied itself with the evil that attacked Haven. They're able to open a path through the red glow, but it's only for a moment and you have to be (and have been) at the entrance ready to charge through. And it takes time to concentrate and "get their attention" to get them to do that. Trying to communicate with them for a conversation is impossible

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Forgive me for being obstinate, but which side entrance was that?"

**Spidey, as I recall we walked around the entire building and it was entirely covered with the red glow, correct? even over the bell tower... I don't see how they could have gotten in yesterday. But, I'm withholding the red glow information for now.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, we got so turned around in here... I think maybe the west side? But not positive."

Yes, you are correct, the red glow surrounded the entire palace

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"What do you know about the problems here? Were you able to discover anything? We haven't had much luck so far."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We haven't found anything either. A lot of goblins and kobolds are around though - we've been trying to dodge most of them.

"Soooo... how about untying us?"

D

DarthFerret

Ok guys, we have delved kinda deep into here, and have lost several party members, I think it stands to reason that if these women are telling the truth, they are very good, in fact better than us. If not, well that explains how they got past the medussa thingy. Also, I have not noticed any dead bodies of adventurers here before us, and we have done a lot of backtracking. Something doesn't add up here.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

"Let's go into the other room and talk for a minute."

**I want all but the 2 ladies in the other room, and one person at the doorway to keep an eye/ear on them. I don't believe them. I unfortunately only have intuition to go on - no divination type spells which could help here... but, they couldn't have just walked in through the red, and I think they would have mentioned the guardians had they used them to get in. But, if the rest of the group get's a different read, I'll just keep an eye on them myself. Also, I think they were sent to kill the cat - which is all the more reason for us not to!**

*** Spidey - How does our new fighter 'friend' seem to be reacting with them? does it appear like he might know them? Maybe even be covering up that fact badly?***

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I'll watch 'em from the doorway. I don't trust 'em neither...," growls Rondo.

T

train

Si'Nat

(So I've got two don't trusts... and I'm ready to shoot... just let me know when guys...

When they said they came in the side entrance, and we didn't find one outside - that was enough for me...)

B

BigBlue

Well, there was the caved in side entrance... but it had the glow.

The fact that they didn't even mention the red glow is what bothers me the most.

B

BigBlue

I guess the question is, do we just kill them? or try to get any info out of them? If it's info, then I'm all about divide them up in two rooms and see if we can't play them off one another...

D

DarthFerret

They are women guys. I know we have not had our luck with people we meet, however, I think we should investigate further. Maybe we should seperate them and see if thier stories colaborate.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Yes, let us do that! We can contrive all manner of inquiries to ask each of them in separate rooms and thereby determine the veracity of their claims. It will be so much fun..."

T

train

Si'nat

(Steps through the doorway and aims his bow on one of them.)

"Okay guys, somebody come get one of them... and don't be slow about it..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** BB - in answer to your question, Kurik does not look like he recognizes the women nor is he doing a "bad job" of hiding it.

As you guys step out of the room, the blond one shouts, "Hey, where are you going? What about us?"

When Si'Nat steps back into the room and aims his bow, they scream, "Oh, please don't kill us! We've done nothing wrong! Mercy!"