D&D: Palace of the Silver Princess Level 2

T

train

(proceed... followers grateful, but we gotta take care of business...)

:cool:

B

BigBlue

Following as well, unless someone says otherwise - like "wait here while I check out...", I assume we all go in... always cautiously...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Sorry, just good to get you all posting again, and make sure everyone's on board :)

You guys slowly enter the room, "hugging" the west wall. As you approach the table, you see that there definitely isn't anything on it. The room is revealed to be about another 20' or 30' past the table with a fireplace at the end of the north wall.

Suddenly, what looks to be a 4' hairy globe with tentacles swings down from the beams in the ceiling. The hair is brown and the body is green; it seems to have blended in somewhat with the room decor so you didn't notice it before. In the center of the globe is a huge, toothy mouth.

You're not surprised, but it has the initiative.

A tentacle comes down and you can see it's covered with suckers. It grabs at Kurik but misses. One grabs Patrick and squeezes. One grabs Bertrem and squeezes. Si'Nat dodges two. Kurik dodges another one. One grabs Rondo and squeezes. Cugel dodges one. Si'Nat is finally grabbed by one and squeezed.

Your turn: your arms are still free for those who got grabbed; the tentacle wrapped aorund the waist.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Arghhh! I'll cast Magic Missile at the tentacle around me, hoping it will release me...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat asked some questions privately that would help the group:

As you can tell from the combat, nine tentacles attacked. The creature is hanging from the ceiling beams with the tenth and last tentacle.

Cugel fires an arrow at the mouth and it just grazes the head. The arrow continues to the ceiling and gets stuck there.
Si'Nat mouths the words to what you recognize as a Sleep spell and the creature immediately goes limp, the tentacles falling limply and releasing everyone.

Due to that, Patrick holds off on his spell. :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"We can not be positive as to this creature's level of resilience. I suggest we all surround it and strike simultaneously..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Another clarification: the tentacle holding the creature to the ceiling beam also went limp and the creature dropped and hit the floor.

B

BigBlue

Patrick

(I couldn't remember if sleep affected non-humanoids... it's been forever since I played any DnD let alone Basic)...

I like the plan too... I'm going to stab it in the eye - in hopes of blinding it should it not die instantly...

I actually look quite green, this thing took a fair amount of my life...

T

train

Si'Nat

"No waiting guys - let's off it!"

(prepares to strike in unison with Oversoul... does so once ready...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Patrick: That's why you can always ask :) Sleep in Basic affects one creature with 4+1 HD or 2-16 (2d8) HD of creatures, with lower level creatures affected before higher level in a mixed group.

Cugel, Bertrem, Patrick, Si'Nat and Kurik all deal a blow to the sleeping creature. Some type of green ichorous blood comes out from the various wounds and from the massive damage, it seems you've killed it.

You also notice that Duchess is no longer among you; she must have fled during combat.

T

train

Si'Nat

"Where the heck did Duchess go?!..."

"Let's find out..."

(Uses the Crystal ball to check the places they have been in the palace and see where she is...)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I thought we could just focus on her, and if she was somewhere we knew about she would show up.

I think she's genuinely scared, but I also think if "they" were to find her first, she'd sell us down the river...

We should clean up, and get back to it...

Oh, I hate to bring this up, but I'm one hit away from death... of course, at max HP I am too... but at half of my health it wouldn't even take a strong hit to do me in.