W

Waubers

Here is my contribution to the deck.

Waubers

PS my friends call me Bernard

Bernard, White Mage
2W
Wizard Legend
2/2 Attacking does not cause Bernard to Tap.
0 - Target Crature gains protection from the color of your choice till the of turn. You may also choose protection from artifacts.
W - Target creature deals no combate damage this turn.

"Do not fear me I will protect you from all that is evil"

Bernard, Green Mage
2G
Wizard Legend
2/2 Trample.
0 - Add up to x amount of any color mana to your mana pool where x is the number of permanats you control.
G - Target creature gets +1/+1 until the end of turn

"As long as I am around everything shall serve a use and nothing will go to waste"

Bernard, Blue Mage
2B
Wizard Legend
2/2 Flying.
0 - Target Creature gains flying until the end of turn.
B - Target permanant cannot be the be the target of spell or abilities until the end of turn.

"My enemy's know my power, they will not disturb me."

Tablet of Bernard
Legendry Artifact
You may only play Tablet of Bernard if you control one of the Bernard legend cards.
W - Remove target Black Permanant from the game, or counter target target black spell.
G - Remove target Artifact Permanant from the game, or counter target artifact spell.
B - Remove target Red Permanant from the game, or counter target Red spell.
WBG - Counter Target Spell.
0 - Look at target players Hand.

"Obey my word."

A

Apollo

I'd like to look at the list. My email is EricChima@Aol.com
Some of the cards that have been suggested seem too powerful (like John Galt and the Bernard cards) but I really like some of the ideas, like the pack cards and the carriers. I don't think they're overcosted, seeing as they are only 1/1, and they aren't gamebreaking abilities. I think Pack of Squirrels is well-costed; if it costed any more, no one would use it, and chances are you won't have any more of that particular card. Are there any hippos on the list? I think there is a drastic need for hippos in Magic :) Anyway, I think there are obviously going to be plenty of legends in the set, and I haven't posted enough to warrant one. So here's a possible common for the set that appeals to me:

Fledgling Phoenix RRR
3/2
R: flying until end of turn
If fledgling Phoenix is dealt lethal damage, put it back into play at the beginning of your next turn.

I think this card is good, but the fact that it costs 3 red mana would keep it from being too good in weenie and keep it from being splashed into other decks. The fact that only lethal damage lets it come back means there are still plenty of ways to get rid of it.

Apollo

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I finally thought one up. How's this:

Tomb Guardian
WW1
Summon Legendary Guardian
Protection from Black
2/2
When Tomb Guardian comes into play, destroy all Black creatures. Creatures destroyed this way cannot be regenerated.

TomB
CPA Member

D

DeathPitOffering

Hey, I love these ideas! I dont have aprrentice, how can I get it and does it cost anything? oh, also, we should probablly playtest these cards, cuz alot of them seem to good. I like the pack thing, but the original creatue should probably cost more. Oh heres a mechanic we might want to use
Example:

Hammer of Casey RRR (?)
Instant
Deals 3 damage to any creature or player
Abilitie name: 4(Blu)(Blu): Counter target spell (YOu may pay this casting cost and have it do that effect its still the type of card it (Instant) was and color is not changed

This seems just to be somethin for versaltility. A 2 in one card. Obviously, both the original cost and the new one would need to be high. I cant think of a cool name for it and the wording istn right. Also

Counterspell2 BBBB
Instant
Counter target spell
Artifice 6 (You can play this card wihtout paying its casting cost if you pay 6)

What you all think? oh, my emial is hiimanidiot2000@yahoo.com and I wouldnt mind seeing those cards.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I actually like the alternative casting cost card mechanic death has outlayed. It seems to have potential. I would engoy to see the cards that have already been submitted. My email is caseyseiter@yahoo.com if you could. Thank you. I also agree that some of the cards posted here are some what overpowered, espicially with the slow down (No bitching here) of MM and NE.

C

Chaos Turtle

Hey all, thanks for keeping this thread alive!

My Spring Break turned out not to be much of a break at all. Coupled with an unexpected move (whose landlord goes out of business, really?) I've had no time to work on this list for a few weeks.

Some of the card ideas are pretty good (TomB, what took you so long? ;) ) and of course some of them are out there.
Rest assured, everyone who is concerned about the ridiculously overpowered cards, they won't be included without some major reworking, if at all. The idea behind this pseudo-expansion is a fun playble set, not an Unglued-style list of broken 'dream' (nightmare) cards.

I intend to playtest the set, both for balance and for error-finding/correction, an as soon as the preliminary list of 143 cards is ready, I'll make it available as an Un-unofficial patch before it gets fixed up and released to the general apprentice public.
(note that unless you are comfortable putting temporary patches into your Apprentice program, which will involve backing-up and replacing files, you should not take the prliminary version, as there will be no guarantees that it won't break your Apprentice, and if you won't know how to fix the problem then you'll be stuck reinstalling...)

Everyone who's requested copies of the cardlist, please be patient; I still haven't set up my computer from the move (I'm at the university right now) so it'll be a few days at least. Also, I will post it to the main page of this site, so watch there for it. Emailing has proven to be too time-consuming and repetitive.

Keep the ideas coming; thanks again.

Peace and Love and .\\agic!

F

FoundationOfRancor

I went to the apprentice site and try to see if I could download it. The link for the download doesent work. Do any of you know another site where apprentice is?

C

Captain Caveman

I've been trying to come up with a few more
cards or the CPA apprentice program. I'm
sure these will need a lot of work but I
thought I'd list them for consideration.

Flowstone Sphere
Artifact (Rare)
fading 2
Flowstone Sphere comes into play tapped.
1 tap, Sacrfice Flowstone Sphere: destroy x target permenants,
where x equal the number of cards in opponents hand.

Field of Dreams
Land (Rare)
Tap, reveil a card in your hand: add one mana to your pool of
the color of that card.(e.g. reveil a blue card add one U to
your mana pool)

Upheavil
Enchant World
1BR
Black and Red Creatuers gain "Haste."
Black and Red creatures can not be blocked.

Lost in Paradise
Enchant world
1GW
Green and White creatures gain: tap, add one mana of any color
to your mana pool.
Green and White creatures gain: tap, gain one life.(play this
ability only if you could play a sorcery.)

Mishra's Atlas
Artifact (Rare)
X: Tap, each player may search his or her library for up to x
basic land cards and put them into play. Mishra's Atlas deals
two damage to that lands control for each land put into play
in this way.

Ratchu, King of Rats
2B
Creature-Rat Legend
1/2
Ratchu gets a +1+1 for each Rat in play.
3: search your library for a Rat card and put it into play.
Then shuffle your library.

Captain Caveman
2R
Creature-Nomadic Legend
1/2
0: Mountainwalk
Tap, search target players library for a Mountain card and
put it into play under your control. Then shuffle that
players library.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
theorgg: Aren't browsers smart enough now to drop the http://? You could click on what I wrote and it would have worked except for the semicolon at the end. Let me try again...

www.dragonstudios.com

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Never mind, it's not showing up in orange. Did you edit my other one then? Because it is and it doesn't have the <A HREF="http://...

" TARGET=_blank>http://...

</A>

A

asadoine

What about theme / funny but interesting cards ...

Rabbit G
creature : rabbit
tap 2 target rabbit, put a 0/1 rabbit token into play at the beginning of next player's upkeep.
0/1
"Oh my god ... what are they doing ... wait there are more of them now..."

Chestnut Tree 4
artefact
During your upkeep, Take control of all squirrel creature in play. Squirrels under your control cannot attack or block.
If Chestnut Tree leaves play, return all squirrel creatures under their owner's control.
"The hermit was sometimes jaleous of the trees in the forest, as they would steal away his friends the squirrels"

not sure the wording is great but hey ... just a try

Rotten Chestnut Basket 4
Artefact
Rotten Chestnut Basket comes into play with 8 Chestnut counters on it.
Remove a chestnut counter from Rotten Chestnut Basket : bury target squirrel.
When there is no Chestnut counter on Rotten Chestnut Basket bury Rotten Chestnut Basket.
"come here my sweeties... I have something good for you"

berto

[Edited by asadoine (03-21-2000 at 02:37 PM).]

S

superguy

I got a card that I made and would like to share. Most of you'll find it broken, probably anyway, since the cursed moxes. In any case, here goes.
Skull of Crovax
Legendary Artifact
Fading 1
When Skull of Crovax is put into graveyard from play, you loose 3 life. Tap, add one mana of any one color to your mana pool.
Beilive me, i worked a lot on this card, and i think I did a good job on it.
Tell me what you think, and please do try to add it to the apprentice patch thingy :)
BTW, FoundationOfRancor, we have da same signature! :) Also about that newest patch, I have it, if anyone wants it, icq me at 50871313, or e-mail at superguy98@hotmail.com

F

FoundationOfRancor

I take it it costs 0 from your metnion of moxes. I like it, it wont help combos much and would be used mostly for speed. And does anyone know where I can get apprentice besides dragon studios?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was talking to DPO the other day and I thought his mechanic is kinda cool. Heres an example 9Its called artifice

Wrath of CPA? 4WW
Destroy all creatures
Artifice :8 (YOu may pay 8 and put this card into pl,ay without paying its casting cost

Heres a mechanic that features 2 cards in 1

Hammer of THOR 1RRR
Sorcery
Deals 3 damage to any target. Cant regenerate.
XXXXXX (Cool mechanic name goes here): You may pay 3BB and not pay this card casting cost and have this spells effect be "Destroy target non-black creature. It cant regenerate"

The wording would be huge, but what do you guys think?

G

galtwish

Apollo, don't take this as a personal attack.

John Galt, Giant Killer is not an overpowered card. It kills Legends and draws cards like a bad Well of Knowledge. Yes the Flood ability is good, and the Rishadan Pawnshop ability is very good, but so many cards kill him. Every color can wax him but Green, with lots of common cards. he can be countered on casting, and his "shuffle target permanent" ability takes UUU, which is a big sacrifice to anyone playing countermagic in a group game. Yes, he is powerful, but only in conjunction with other cards, and he is a legend. If this card was in Nemesis, I don't think he would be any more valuable than Barrin, Master Wizard. I also made him for the "Create a namesake" part of the card list. I do agree with you about the Bernard cards, however. 0 activation cost abilities are usually too good, especially on grey ogres.

Erik

M

Mordecai

While we're on the subject of broken cards...

Dustin the Broken, 0
Artifact Creature--R&D Slipup Legend
0/1
Trample. Echo.
0: +0/+1 until end of turn.
0: +1/+0 until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains flying, shadow, first strike, or rampage: 2 until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains protection from a color of your choice until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains protection from artifacts until end of turn.
0: Dustin the Broken gains haste until end of turn.

Dustin the Broken is banned in all formats.

"They want power cards? I'll give them power cards! Mwahahahahahaha!"--anonymous R&D employee

Mordecai the Destroyer

W

Waubers

Seeing as the general opinion is that the Bernard cards are too powerful (that was the intent however) here is some playable versions.

Bernard, White Mage
2WW
Wizard Legend
2/2 Attacking does not cause Bernard to Tap.
2 - Target Crature gains protection from the color of your choice till the of turn. You may also choose protection from artifacts.
1W - Target creature deals no combate damage this turn.

"Do not fear me I will protect you from all that is evil"

Bernard, Green Mage
2GG
Wizard Legend
2/2 Trample.
2 - Add up to x amount of any color mana to your mana pool where x is the number of green permanants you control. You may only use this ability once per turn.
1G - Target creature gets +1/+1 until the end of turn

"As long as I am around everything shall serve a use and nothing will go to waste"

Bernard, Blue Mage
2BB
Wizard Legend
2/2 Flying.
2 - Target Creature gains flying until the end of turn.
1B - Target permanant cannot be the be the target of spell or abilities until the end of turn.

"My enemy's know my power, they will not disturb me."

Book of Bernard
Legendry Artifact
You may only play Tablet of Bernard if you control one of the Bernard legend cards.
3: search your library for a card, reveal it to all players and place it in your hand.
2GWB: search your library for a card, reveal it to all players and put it into play.
"Obey my word."

[Edited by Waubers (03-26-2000 at 08:25 PM).]

Status
Not open for further replies.