Commander 2015: Spidey (Call the Spirits) vs Mooseman (Seize Control)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's 2

Done

Spidey: 38
    Hand: 4
    Library: 76
    Commander Zone: 1WB Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5
    (U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
    (U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
    Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))

(T) Oreskos Explorer (2/2; When ~ ETB, search my library for up to X Plains cards, where X is the # of players who control more lands than me. Reveal those cards, put them into my hand, then shuffle my library)
    (S) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe
    Exile:
    ============================================================================
    Mooseman: 32
    Hand: 7
    Library: 75
    Commander Zone: 2UB Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
    Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
    (UUUU) Mountan x4
    (T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

Daxos's Torment (Constellation-Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(T) Drake creature token (2/2; Flying)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight
    Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Meteor Blast (x=3) to you , the Explorer and the angel
    Attack for 2
    Done

Spidey: 32
    Library: 76
    Commander Zone: 1WB Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
    (T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5
    (U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
    (U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
    Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe,
    Oreskos Explorer
    Exile:
    Library: 74
    Commander Zone: 2UB Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
    Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
    (UTTT) Mountan x4
    (T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

Daxos's Torment (Constellation-Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
    (UTTT) Mountan x4

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Izzet Guildgate

Attack with flyer
    Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer
    Exile:
    Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
    (UUU) Mountan x4
    (U) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
    (T) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )

5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Dragon mage
    Done

Spidey: 30
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Exile:
    Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
    (UURR) Mountan x4

(S) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.)

7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeowch!

Untap, upkeep, draw

Vow of Malice on the Dragon Mage, triggering Sigil
    Responses?
    Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
    (T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

Vow of Malice (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and can't attack me or a planeswalker that I control)

Exile:
    Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
    (UURR) Mountan x4

(S) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice?*

8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Ugh
    No response
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Woo! Done.
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Always a response, eh?

Untap, upkeep, draw
    Preordain
    Put one on top and one on bottom, Draw a card
    Broodbirth Viper
    Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
    (T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

Vow of Malice (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and can't attack me or a planeswalker that I control)

Exile:
    Hand: 6
    Library: 70
    Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
    Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
    (UUUR) Mountan x4

(U) Drake creature token (2/2; Flying)
    (U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice?*
    (S) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

LOL. Not always.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 73
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:
    Library: 70
    Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
    Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
    (UUUR) Mountan x4

(U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 7/7; Intimidate from Vow, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice*
    (S) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

12. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Untap, upkeep, draw

Comet Storm kicked once, targeting the Angel and you, X =10
    Response

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:
    Hand: 5
    Library: 69
    Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
    (TTTT) Mountan x4

(U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 7/7; Intimidate from Vow, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice*
    (T) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I gots nothing...
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

attack with all that can.
    Response?
    Then I am done.

Spidey: 20
    Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
    (U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Exile:
    Hand: 5
    Library: 69
    Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
    (TTTT) Mountan x4

(T) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No responses, I take the 5 and you draw a card. <sigh>

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Deadly Tempest
    Responses?

Spidey: 15
    Library: 72
    Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
    (T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest
    Exile:
    Library: 68
    Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
    (TTTT) Mountan x4

16. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Wow, I got no mana
    I lose 3

BTW - sorry for the delay, work is kick my butt... i just got done.
    I am going to Detroit on wed for the grand prix and won't be back until the next tuesday.
    Go Modern. I hope our numbers a as good a pittsburgh was. We hit the cap before we started.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No prob. Man, you're a busy guy lately!

Karlov of the Ghost Council

Done

Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
    (T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

Karlov of the Ghost Council (2/2; Whenever I gain life, put two +1/+1 ctrs on ~.; WB, Remove six +1/+1 ctrs from ~: Exile target creature)
    Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Vow of Malice
    Exile:
    Mooseman: 29
    Library: 68
    Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
    (TTTT) Mountan x4

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper
  18. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

UUD
    Warchief Giant
    Attack
    Block?

Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
    (T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

Karlov of the Ghost Council (2/2; Whenever I gain life, put two +1/+1 ctrs on ~.; WB, Remove six +1/+1 ctrs from ~: Exile target creature)
    Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Vow of Malice
    Exile:
    Mooseman: 29
    Library: 67
    Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
    (UUTT) Mountan x4
    (U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )

(T) Warchief Giant (Giant Warrior, 5/3, Haste.Myriad(useless ability))

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, I'll block.
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Response or combat damage resolves?