Commander 2015: Spidey (Call the Spirits) vs Mooseman (Seize Control)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 2

Done

Spidey: 38
Hand: 4
Library: 76
Commander Zone: 1WB Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))

(T) Oreskos Explorer (2/2; When ~ ETB, search my library for up to X Plains cards, where X is the # of players who control more lands than me. Reveal those cards, put them into my hand, then shuffle my library)
(S) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 32
Hand: 7
Library: 75
Commander Zone: 2UB Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Island x6
(UUUU) Mountan x4
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

Daxos's Torment (Constellation-Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(T) Drake creature token (2/2; Flying)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Meteor Blast (x=3) to you , the Explorer and the angel
Attack for 2
Done

Spidey: 32
Library: 76
Commander Zone: 1WB Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,T,U,U,U) Plains x5
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe,
Oreskos Explorer
Exile:
Library: 74
Commander Zone: 2UB Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
(UTTT) Mountan x4
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

Daxos's Torment (Constellation-Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
(UTTT) Mountan x4

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Izzet Guildgate

Attack with flyer
Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(UUU) Mountan x4
(U) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(T) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Dragon mage
Done

Spidey: 30
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
(UURR) Mountan x4

(S) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeowch!

Untap, upkeep, draw

Vow of Malice on the Dragon Mage, triggering Sigil
Responses?
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

Vow of Malice (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and can't attack me or a planeswalker that I control)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
(UURR) Mountan x4

(S) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice?*

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Always a response, eh?

Untap, upkeep, draw
Preordain
Put one on top and one on bottom, Draw a card
Broodbirth Viper
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

Vow of Malice (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and can't attack me or a planeswalker that I control)

Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 70
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
(UUUR) Mountan x4

(U) Drake creature token (2/2; Flying)
(U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 5/5, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice?*
(S) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Not always.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 73
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:
Library: 70
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Island x6
(UUUR) Mountan x4

(U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 7/7; Intimidate from Vow, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice*
(S) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw

Comet Storm kicked once, targeting the Angel and you, X =10
Response

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:
Hand: 5
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(TTTT) Mountan x4

(U) Dragon mage (Dragon Wizard, 7/7; Intimidate from Vow, Flying Whenever Dragon Mage deals combat damage to a player, each player discards his or her hand and draws seven cards.) *Vow of Malice*
(T) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
attack with all that can.
Response?
Then I am done.

Spidey: 20
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Exile:
Hand: 5
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(TTTT) Mountan x4

(T) Broodbirth Viper (Snake, 3/3, Myriad (Whenever this creature attacks, for each opponent other than defending player, you may put a token that's a copy of this creature onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that player or a planeswalker he or she controls. Exile the tokens at end of combat.)Whenever Broodbirth Viper deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses, I take the 5 and you draw a card. <sigh>

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Deadly Tempest
Responses?

Spidey: 15
Library: 72
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest
Exile:
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(TTTT) Mountan x4

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, I got no mana
I lose 3

BTW - sorry for the delay, work is kick my butt... i just got done.
I am going to Detroit on wed for the grand prix and won't be back until the next tuesday.
Go Modern. I hope our numbers a as good a pittsburgh was. We hit the cap before we started.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No prob. Man, you're a busy guy lately!

Karlov of the Ghost Council

Done

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

Karlov of the Ghost Council (2/2; Whenever I gain life, put two +1/+1 ctrs on ~.; WB, Remove six +1/+1 ctrs from ~: Exile target creature)
Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Vow of Malice
Exile:
Mooseman: 29
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6
(TTTT) Mountan x4

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Warchief Giant
Attack
Block?

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

Karlov of the Ghost Council (2/2; Whenever I gain life, put two +1/+1 ctrs on ~.; WB, Remove six +1/+1 ctrs from ~: Exile target creature)
Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Phyrexian Reclamation, Banishing Light, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Vow of Malice
Exile:
Mooseman: 29
Library: 67
Battlefield:

(UUUUUT) Island x6
(UUTT) Mountan x4
(U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )

(T) Warchief Giant (Giant Warrior, 5/3, Haste.Myriad(useless ability))

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt. Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth. Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper