Commander 2015: Spidey (Call the Spirits) vs Mooseman (Seize Control)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with Daxo's Torment
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 21
Hand: 2
Library: 69
Commander Zone: 1WB Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.")
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
Vow of Malice (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and can't attack me or a planeswalker I control)
(T) Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot) *Currently Demon creature as 7/7; Intimidate from Vow, Flying; Haste*

U) Lightning Rager (5/1; Haste; Trample, At the beginning of the end step, sac ~)
Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 29
Hand: 7
Library: 57
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5
(U) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(U) Izzet Guildgate (ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {U} or {R} to your mana pool. )
(U) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

(Creatures named Lightning Rager can't attack you or planeswalkers you control.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a 5/1 red Elemental creature token named Lightning Rager onto the battlefield. It has trample, haste, and "At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice this creature.")

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doh! No responses.

I'll cast Daxos.

Done -Daxo's Torment reverts to enchantment, Vow of Malice becomes illegal

Commander Zone: 1WB
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x6
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Sigil of the Empty Throne (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token w/flying onto the battlefield)
Grasp of Fate (When ~ ETB, for each opponent, exile up to one target nonland permanent that player controls until ~ leaves the battlefield. (Those permanents return under their owners control))
Phyrexian Reclamation (1B, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)
Banishing Light (When ~ ETB, exile target nonland permanent Mooseman controls until ~ leaves the battlefield)
Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(S) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *0 experience ctrs*

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice
Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 57
Commander Zone: 2UR Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
Battlefield:

(TTUUU) Island x6
(TTUUU) Mountan x5
(U) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )
(U) Reliquary Tower ( You have no maximum hand size. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall
Exile:Talrand, Sky Summoner via Grasp of Fate, Rite of the Raging Storm via Banishing Light

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains x6

Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot)

(S) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *0 experience ctrs*

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice
Exile:
Library: 56
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ancient Craving
Responses?

Library: 68
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (2/2; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *0 experience ctrs*

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ghostblade Eidolon for its bestow cost, trigger the Sigil of the Empty Throne and Daxos the Returned, targeting Daxos the Returned
Responses?

Spidey: 18
Hand: 4
Library: 65
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x6

Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

(U) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon?; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *1 experience ctrs* *Ghostblade Eidolon?*

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Secluded Steppe, Oreskos Explorer, Deadly Tempest, Karlov of the Ghost Council, Kor Sanctifiers, Death Grasp, Open the Vaults, Vow of Malice, Ancient Craving
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with Daxos Torment and Daxos the Returned

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x6

(T) Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot) *Currently a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste*
Ghostblade Eidolon (1/1; Bestow 5W; Double Strike; Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has double strike)

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon?; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *1 experience ctrs* *Ghostblade Eidolon?*
(S) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes! So looking Daxos in Gatherer, it seems experience ctrs are to the player, not the creature (like poison) so they stay even if the creature goes away. So I moved it up to below my name and since they stay, I will tap out to create a Spirit creature token in response.

So yes, you take 5 and I'm done.

Experience Ctrs: 1
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6
(T) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(T) Daxos's Torment (Whenever ~ or another enchantment ETB under my control, ~ becomes a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste in addition to its other types ueot) *Currently a 5/5 Demon creature w/flying and haste*

(S) Spirit creature token (1/1 from experience ctrs; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have)

Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUU) Mountan x5

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade Eidolon*

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
MT
Reins of Power
Attack with Angel
Done

Spidey: 14
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6
(T) Rogue's Passage (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(S) Spirit creature token (1/1 from experience ctrs; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have)

Exile:
Library: 55
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

(T) Daxos the Returned Legendary Creature-Zombie Soldier (3/3; Double strike from Ghostblade Eidolon; Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, I get an experience ctr.; 1WB: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have.") *Ghostblade Eidolon*

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cripes.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Angel

Hand: 5
Library: 64
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4
(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6

(T) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)
(U) Spirit creature token (1/1 from experience ctrs; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUTT) Mountan x7
(T) Worn Powerstone (, A, ETB tapped. T: Add two colorless mana to your mana pool. Play this ability as a mana source. )

Graveyard: AEthersnatch, Prophetic Bolt, Evolving Wilds, Counterflux, Echoing Truth, Firemind's Foresight, Meteor Blast, Comet Storm, Dragon Mage, Broodbirth Viper. Steam Augury, Mountain, Fact or Fiction Magmaquake, Warchief Giant, Blustersquall, Reins of Power

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 4

Swamp
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts

Done

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Spirit creature token (1/1 from experience ctrs; ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience ctrs I have)
(S) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Mooseman: 20
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUTT) Mountan x7

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Attack with Daxos
Block?

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

(S) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUUU) Mountan x7

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Token dies
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(T,T,T,U,U,U) Plains x6

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUUU) Mountan x7

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with both

Library: 63
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T) Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts (4/4; Vigilance, Pro-Creatures; Whenever a creature deals combat dmg to me, destroy that creature. Put a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUU) Island x6
(UUUUUU) Mountan x7