Commander 2014 MP Mayhem!

R

rokapoke

Yeah, taking it back makes the most sense. We should still wait on Mooseman, to see if he has any responses to all of this. Mass return of all nonland permanents is sort of a big deal, I suppose.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

And whoa, hold up, see, I *still* mis-read the card, this is *all* permanents, not creatures? I will Return to Dust your Sapphire Medallion as a response and then pass and wait for Mooseman responses while it's on the stack.

R

rokapoke

That's *all* permanents that I do not control. So my Sapphire Medallion wasn't going to be affected by my spell, for what it's worth. You are certainly welcome to Return it to Dust, however.

R

rokapoke

Goodness me, that will clear the board rather completely (except, of course, for lands).

No response.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so to get this straight before I update the board (since it's my turn), the Demon will kill everyone except my equipped Elephant and Teferi (since it doesn't affect Planeswalkers, right?) and everyone will take 11 damage.

Then the Sapphire Medallion will go to the graveyard when Return to Dust resolves.

Then when the Overloaded Cyclonic Rift resolves, all of Mooseman and my permanents (lands and artifacts, I believe) return to our hands.

Is that right?

R

rokapoke

No lands. Cyclonic Rift explicitly ignores both lands and my permanents.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
GD it! That's the *third* time I mis-read the card! Arrggg!

I'll put out the Scythe (searching for another Plains) and Boots

Done

Spidey: 46
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 71
Command Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x10

(U) Strata Scythe (Imprint-When ~ ETB, search my library for a land card, exile it, then shuffle my library.; Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land on the battlefield with the same name as the exiled card.; Equip 3)
(U) Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste; Equip 1)

Graveyard: Gift of Estates, Argentum Armor, Jazal Goldmane, Return to Dust, Sun Titan, Kemba, Kha Regent, Flickerwisp
Exile: Plains, Plains from Scythe
===================================================================
Mooseman: 26
Hand: 4 (Worn Powerstone)
Library: 76
Command Zone: 3BB Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath ( 3,
+2: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
−2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. You lose 2 life.
−8: You get an emblem with "1Black, Sacrifice a creature: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.") *Already cast once*

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x11
(Tapped) Swamp x

Graveyard: Burnished Hart, Shriekmaw, Raving Dead, Nantuko Shade, Overseer of the Damned, Demon of Wailing Agonies, Skirsdag High Priest, Mind Stone, Pestilence Demon
Exile:
rokapoke: 28
Library: 62
Command Zone: 4UU Teferi, Temporal Archmage (5)
{+1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.}
{-1: Untap up to four target permanents.}
{-10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of Planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant."}

Battlefield:

Teferi, Temporal Archmage (6)
{+1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.}
{-10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of Planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant."}

(U) Island x8 (of 10)
(T) Island x2
(U) Zoetic Cavern (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. Morph 2)

(U) Ur-Golem's Eye (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
(T) Overflowing Chalice (3 counters = T: Add 3 to your mana pool. Multikicker 2. ~ enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked. T: Add 1 to your mana pool for each charge counter on ~.)

Graveyard: Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Steel Hellkite, Mulldrifter, Riptide Survivor, Willbender, Unstable Obelisk, Thran Dynamo, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Stroke of Genius, Cyclonic Rift, Azure Mage, Reef Worm , Stitcher Geralf , Deep-Sea Kraken, Infinite Reflection
Exile: Sapphire Medallion

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow...
UUD
Worn Powerstone
Magus of the Coffers
Done

Command Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)

Battlefield:

(U) Strata Scythe (Imprint-When ~ ETB, search my library for a land card, exile it, then shuffle my library.; Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land on the battlefield with the same name as the exiled card.; Equip 3)

Graveyard: Gift of Estates, Argentum Armor, Jazal Goldmane, Return to Dust, Sun Titan, Kemba, Kha Regent, Flickerwisp
Hand: 4
Library: 75
−2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. You lose 2 life.
−8: You get an emblem with "1Black, Sacrifice a creature: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.") *Already cast once*

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x5
(Tapped) Swamp x6
(T) Worn Powerstone (T:2)

(S) Magus of the Coffers (, 4/4, 2, T: Add B to your mana pool for each Swamp you control.)

Graveyard: Burnished Hart, Shriekmaw, Raving Dead, Nantuko Shade, Overseer of the Damned, Demon of Wailing Agonies, Skirsdag High Priest, Mind Stone, Pestilence Demon
Exile:
Library: 62

Battlefield:

Teferi, Temporal Archmage (6)

(U) Island x8 (of 10)
(T) Island x2
(U) Zoetic Cavern (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. Morph 2)

(U) Ur-Golem's Eye (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
(T) Overflowing Chalice (3 counters = T: Add 3 to your mana pool. Multikicker 2. ~ enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it for each time it was kicked. T: Add 1 to your mana pool for each charge counter on ~.)

Graveyard: Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Steel Hellkite, Mulldrifter, Riptide Survivor, Willbender, Unstable Obelisk, Thran Dynamo, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Stroke of Genius, Cyclonic Rift, Azure Mage, Reef Worm , Stitcher Geralf , Deep-Sea Kraken, Infinite Reflection

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Island.
Activate Teferi's first ability (drawing one and putting one on the bottom of my library).
Artisan of Kozilek, targeting the Steel Hellkite.
Responses?

Battlefield:

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x5
(Tapped) Swamp x6

(S) Magus of the Coffers (, 4/4, 2, T: Add B to your mana pool for each Swamp you control.)

Exile:
Library: 60

Battlefield:

Teferi, Temporal Archmage (7)

(U) Island x10 (of 11)
(T) Island x1
(T) Zoetic Cavern (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. Morph 2)

(T) Ur-Golem's Eye (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)

(S) Artisan of Kozilek (10/9; Eldrazi; When you cast ~, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents))
(S) Steel Hellkite (5/5; Artifact Dragon; Flying. 2: ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn. X: Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost X whose controller was dealt combat damage by ~ this turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.)

R

rokapoke

Call to Mind (2U Sorcery - Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand) to retrieve my Cyclonic Rift.
Responses?

Battlefield:

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x5
(Tapped) Swamp x6

Exile:
Hand: 5

Battlefield:

(U) Island x7 (of 11)
(T) Island x4

(S) Artisan of Kozilek (10/9; Eldrazi; When you cast ~, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Annihilator 2 (whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents))
(S) Steel Hellkite (5/5; Artifact Dragon; Flying. 2: ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn. X: Destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost X whose controller was dealt combat damage by ~ this turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.)

Graveyard: Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Steel Hellkite, Mulldrifter, Riptide Survivor, Willbender, Unstable Obelisk, Thran Dynamo, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Stroke of Genius, Cyclonic Rift, Azure Mage, Reef Worm , Stitcher Geralf , Deep-Sea Kraken, Infinite Reflection, Call to Mind

R

rokapoke

Righty-o.
Done.

Battlefield:

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x5
(Tapped) Swamp x6

Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Island x7 (of 11)
(T) Island x4

Graveyard: Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Steel Hellkite, Mulldrifter, Riptide Survivor, Willbender, Unstable Obelisk, Thran Dynamo, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Stroke of Genius, Azure Mage, Reef Worm , Stitcher Geralf , Deep-Sea Kraken, Infinite Reflection, Call to Mind

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Kor Sanctifiers w/kicker
Responses?

Library: 70
Command Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (5; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x10

(S) Kor Sanctifiers (2/3; Kicker W; When ~ ETB, if it was kicked, destroy target enchantment or artifact)

Battlefield:

(UnTapped) Swamp x5
(Tapped) Swamp x6

Exile:

Battlefield:

(U) Island x7 (of 11)
(T) Island x4

Graveyard: Myriad Landscape, Remote Isle, Steel Hellkite, Mulldrifter, Riptide Survivor, Willbender, Unstable Obelisk, Thran Dynamo, Sphinx of Jwar Isle, Stroke of Genius, Azure Mage, Reef Worm , Stitcher Geralf , Deep-Sea Kraken, Infinite Reflection, Call to Mind