Come and play with me...

A

Apollo

"Well, since you folks are much more receptive of me than most, and I have no desire to be run over by that mob once again, I do believe I'll tag along with you for a time. And I do thank you for the ale."

Carefully gripping his still half-full glass in his talons, the bird lightly takes wing and catches up to the party, alighting on Roderick's shoulder for a moment to snatch the bread from his hand.

"Oh, and the name is Halcyon, friend, not Polly. Mind if I ride here while I finish my drink?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Since it seems a large measure of the town has been roused against us it does seem like it's "leaving time". I attempt to get to the stables to retrieve my horse, and to the Inn for the rest of my armor (and the things I left in my room there) but if I cannot I follow along with the rest of the group and figure to come back later for my stuff.

If I can go for my horse and/or my stuff, and I become separated from the group I attempt to track them and catch up with them later on, as they seem like a fun bunch of rowdy guys to hang with, and there's strength in numbers...:D

If I encounter resistance on my way out of town I draw my sword and attempt to convince the locals that attacking me would be a very bad idea...;)

** Apollo the parrot? LOL! :D **

P

Prince RXI

While running, Niril's grip slips and Celebrandir falls down. He then gets to his feet, stops, concentrates for a second, casts invisiblity, and runs to his armored, heavy Warhouse out back.

"Menelmacar, please be quite and follow my foot steps."

***The horse was a gift about 10 years back and is trained to follow me by sound, sent, or sight. Plus he knows my voice and is used to this, so he isn't scared.***

As he moves after the others, a Tressym flies up and starts to follow him as well. The Tressym (a winged, white furred cat) is his familiar named Nall. Nell then goes invisible too.

R

Rando

**AND an armoured warhorse (for a bard?) AND a Tressym familier? My my my...**

(We'll just say, for the sake of convienence, that you all manage to gather your things)

To all players -
You all make a run for it, and when you make it out of the alley way and onto the road out of town, the mob spots you. With a unified cry they follow, some on foot, some on horse. They all carry torches, and you can see in the moonlight that some have rope as well...

R

rkoelsch

** I take out my Hammer of Doom from under my cloak and smite the ground causing an earthquake swallowing up all the citizens, the village and half the continent. :eek: Oh wait I must have left my hammer in my other cloak. In that case knowing I cannot outrun this mob I will attempt find a rock pile I can hide in or a stream in case of dogs.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I call my pet dragon Firebolt to blast these heathens; oh wait, he died in that cataclysmic battle against Set ;) **

"Anyone familiar with the area?" I holler out as I do the same.

** What is the lay of the land, anyway? **

R

Rando

**Now now, let's not give RXI too hard a time...I don't want anyone quiting...**

The lay of the land is rolling hills with sparse trees. To the west, (behind you) are mountains. To the east is Radafel, but it's still several miles off.

B

BigBlue

Vertioch ponders existence for a moment, "Hmm. Killing this mob wouldn't be very nice, yet them killing myself or my newfound companions wouldn't be nice either."

He stops in the street, thrusts his staff in the ground (The head of which is now glowing bright blue) and begins his incantation. The hair, fur, or feathers on the backs of the necks of all within 30' stands on end and sparks dance across the ground towards him. He then releases his spell and the Visage of an adolescent Blue Dragon comes swooping out of the sky and lands in front of him, clawing at the street. It glares at the angry mob through cold blue eyes and rears its head as if to release it's deadly breath of sparks.

**aren't illusions fun? someday maybe I'll have a real one. of course It'd be nice if this one had a voice to go with it, but that's bigger magic than I have right now, of course these are "only" peasants and might not be prone to rational thought right now and a visage should be enough for most.**

**Oh and seeing as how we came into this town from the south, it makes sense that we exit it to the north if we can (I believe that was the direction of Radafel?**

R

rkoelsch

Sitting on a rock near Dorgath watching the display,"You know sometimes those magicians can come in pretty handy. Maybe we should check to see if they have a flying carpet. It would save on my bunyons."

**Prince, I apologize no offense intended just poking a little fun.

R

Rando

**No, it was west to east**

To all players -

The crowd stops in thier tracks and colectivly gasps. As one, they turn and make a run for it, screaming like frightened children, and dropping thier ropes and torches as they flee.

I quite short order, you are all alone on the road to Radafel, and out of any imediate danger...

B

BigBlue

Vertioch lifts his staff, thanks the Dragon, and spends the rest of the duration of his illusion having his new virtual pet fly above him (in case the mob returns with bigger weapons than ropes and torches).

"Well then, shall we go?"

When we get to the edge of the town he puts a glove on his right hand and raises it aloft. A few moments later a Hawk flutters down and lands upon it. Vertioch scratches the hawks forhead and mutters something to the raptor who then flies off ahead of the party. Vertioch then puts his glove away and bids his dragon adieu with a bow. A ring of Lightning appears in the air above and the dragon flies through as it closes. The hair, fur and feathers goes back to normal.

**Vertioch is sure glad he knows Rangers who have a better sense of direction than he.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I apologize too, I just thought rkoelsch's post was pretty funny and wanted to join in :) **

"Well, that takes care of that. Shall we travel for a bit to put some distance between us and the village before turning in?"

R

Rando

**No reason to appologize, especialy since he apparently didn't pay any heed to my prior posts on the subject. I just didn't want it to get too vicious.**

R

rkoelsch

" I think distance would be good and I feel rested. Mage, I commend you on your talents. They have proved very useful. Thank You"

P

Prince RXI

***You guys can do that sort of stuff if you want. It's just that I actually rolled this stuff out on a table that my DM gave me. That is the reason why he has this stuff. He was rolled all the way. I promise that I was true to what I rolled. The table was for a sorc/bard total of level 9. Oh, and the Tressym I just chose after learning about improved familiar feat. It's name, Nall, is from Lunar:Silver Star Story, if any of you have played. The horse was a gift from a king along with my sword, bow, armor, and my home/Manor this is in a very far away Kingdom. Oh, and my DM said no Ring of Elemental Command (Fire) so I don't have it here either.***

Celebrandir rides along with then, and unless any of them has a problem with it, or wants me to play a different instrument, I play my harp.

M

MrXarvox

**RXI, your D&D character is too well-equipped for starting off in this game, in my opinion**

Pally agrees that some distance is good as he stumbles a little dizzily along with the group.

"Oi, I'm exhausted! Let's get goin' so we's can rest outta sight o' angry mobs"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** No one else really answered the "what level do you consider your character" question, and I know this is "free-form", but if RXI is basing this off of a character he rolled anyway, perhaps he could roll another one with Rando giving a suggested level range? **

R

Rando

**Well, I would personaly like to be the one giving out the neat-o stuff for this little game...**

A

Apollo

**I haven't played actual RPG's before, so I have no idea about character levels or rolling or any of that jazz. I'm just a pretty birdie with a strange knack for speaking and a hankering for ale. And maybe a talent or two, I haven't really thought it through. Nothing special, though.**

Halcyon, still alighted on Roderick's shoulder, finishes his bread and ale and carefully drops his empty glass into Roderick's pack, as the glass isn't poorly made. Halcyon considers flying for a time, but decides Roderick's shoulder is as good a place as any until Roderick tires of him.