Come and play with me...

R

Rando

I'm trying to capture the fun and flavor of the original RPG's way back on the MTG boards. That means no rules, no stats and no structure.

The rules are these...

Don't make up anything about the enviorment. Only state what your character is doing to interact with what you know is there.

Ask what your character sees, hears, feels, tastes, smells, et cetera.

Don't make up the results or consequences of your character's actions. Just state what you are going to do, and I'll handle the rest.

Also, this is not intended to steal players away from Spiderman's RPG. If you feel you only have the time and/or energy to participate in one, and you are already engaged in his, then by all means continue to play in that one until it is over.

Now, pencils down, and pass your papers forward...

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The road to Radafel rolls lazily along many streams and brooks, winding it's way across and between countless knolls and hills on it's way to that splinded sea side city.

The sky today is clear and bright, but the air is yet a bit chill and it is still early in the spring season. Birds chirp hapily in the sparse trees and bushes, and the rustle of a hare can sometmes be heared.

A young man called Roderick Del Feye strolls and meanders his way west, the shadow of the anchient eastern mountains painting a chill on his spine. He has come many miles and traveled by foot for many days to visit Radafel. He had heard so much about it's splendid buildings and it's wonderous festivals in his youth, and he had vowed long ago that he would one day see it for himself, and to taste the brine of the cool sea air.

It was aproaching midday when Roderick decided to pause on the road side for a light meal and a rest. Far off on the western horizen, he could see a small village, the last stop before Radafel, he figured. Looking back at the road behind him, he saw other travelers coming his way...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A dwarf dressed in light chain comes tramping up the road.

"Hoy, traveler. May I join you for company for the midday meal?"

R

Rando

Roderick wipes the grease from his fingers and extends a friendly hand. "Well met, stout traveler. Take the strain from off your joints and break the mid-day bread with me."

Roderick digs about in his road-worn pack and produces a crust of bread.

He is a plain looking human of average build. His cloths are rough and tatered, and an old, tarnished short sword hangs at his belt in a make-shift leather scabbard.

"What brings you along these sunny roads in the stead of your mountain home?"

**and what is you obsesion with dwarves, man? ;) **

M

MrXarvox

"Ho! Yer lookin' like a coupla sturdy adventurin' types!" says what seemed at first to be an ordinary travelling beggar.
Now, having pulled the cloth from over his face, he appears to be a thin but spry old man with a completely opaque monocle.
"Wherra you two plannin' on goin'? A'm sick o' beggin', an' they aint never givin me no gold fer me magic tricks no more. Same ol' same ol', they say. 'e's just some crazy old babblin' drunk, is what they say. Don't give 'im nothin', e'll just waste it on 'is booze, 'ats wot they say."
He suddenly notices the loaf.
"Cor! I aint had no good bread wi'out mould on it since thursdy! Mind if I break der bread wit ye, as well?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** gotta stick with what I know ;) **

"Uh, how about some more meaty fare..."

The dwarf rummages around his knapsack and brings out some cured ham and a flask.

"Ah, meat 'n ale, much better. The name's Dorgath, by the way."

R

rkoelsch

"Ho there, I wouldn't mind some company. I am Morgoth"

You see a tall, bald headed human. Looks as if he has a hard time pushing himself away from the table. He is wearing a bearskin cloak and carrying an iron bound club on his shoulder.
He has knee high boots and a black beard that reaches his belt.

** I can play Spidey killed me. It was horrible. Bad Spidey Bad Spidey ;)

R

Rando

Roderick stands and offers his hand to all of the travelers.

"Well met, all around. I am Roderick Del Feye. My, but the highways are bustling today, are they not? Are you all headed to Radafel? Or is your destination the small village close yonder? Have you been to Radafel? What's it like?"

Roderick continues to spout question after question, showing his youth and curiosity.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"greetings weary adventurers, my name is Niril, may i join you?"

You see a very tall, but lanky drow elf, wearing a mage's robe with the left sleave ripped off at the shoulder, and a small dagger and several books at his side.

M

MrXarvox

"Radafel? Hey, I bin there! Good mead they got at the ol' Sheep's Bladder Tavern! Purty barmaids too, if ye know what I mean, heh heh heh! Never could tell why they went 'n named it th' Sheep's Bladder tho...
Hurr, an 'at reminds me, I fergat to introduce meself!"

The old beggar-magician draws himself up to his full hight, which is not very impressive.

"They call me Pally per-August. Yeah I know what you's thinkin... a mage o' th' August order right 'ere before ye! Ye must be honored. Bin awhile since I's dunna magic tho, takes a toll on the old bones, it does. >sigh< I shoulda studied me matter conjurin' better. Then I wouldn't be starvin' all th' time. Ye'd think folks'd give ye some bread or some gold for ye showin' em the ould sparks-from-fingers or sometimes a good ould makin' somethin' go boom, but no, they all just say they can do that with powder these days, an' they call me a charlatan. But 'ey, you lot believe me, don't ye? 'Course ye do! Yer a good bunch, I can see it.
Anyway, I ain't headed nowhere in particular. If you lot're goin' one way, I'd be happy to join ye!"

R

Rando

It seems to you all a fine day, and for pehaps a bit longer then you intended you talk and eat and become aquainted.

Roderick digs an old pipe from out his pack and stuffs it full. He then produces a match from his pocket and strikes it against a nearby stone.

Casting away the match, he proclaims, "It is good to meet desent strangers on the roads these days. For all my youth my folks frightened me with tales of highway men and stalking ogres that haunt and hunt the highways. "

Roderick takes a long drag and slowly puffs out, "Traveling company is always welcomed, and since it seems we are all headed in the same direction, we may as wll stave off remaining strangers. So! Follow me to yon village. A taven would be a welcomed sight, as would a soft bed after so many days out on the road. And besides, there is no telling what other strangers may come our way."

With that, he turns and walks down the road at a quick pace. All the while, he whistles a cheerful traveling song...

M

MrXarvox

Pally wraps the cloth around his face again (presumably to hold his monocle on), and follows with an unexpectedly bouncy step.

" 'Tis invigoratin', bein' among friends, ain't it?", He remarks joyfully.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
A human man dressed in plate mail and with a huge two-handed sword strapped to his back riding a horse towards town comes up the road from behind you just as you enter town...

"Ho travelers!" he calls out in greeting. He dismounts when he catches up to the party, removes his helm, and starts to walk with them. "Heading towards the Inn are ye? Me too - I've been on the road a long while myself and am indeed looking forward to a cup of strong ale."

You notice the man is around 6 feet in height, and has a somewhat dark-complexion. He seems comfortable in his armor, which shows some signs of wear, so you mark him as an experienced warrior of some sort, though the armor bears no insignia.

You also notice he smells like a rusty old can...:eek:

"I could use a bath too, I'm afraid," he adds, noticing the wrinkled noses in the group.

**I'll join you guys if I can, but I can only post at night after work so I won't be able to go back and forth as rapidly as your games seem to go sometimes Rando. Just have my guy follow along with the group when I'm not online, and try not to get him killed :) **

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

A kind smile crosses Niril's face as he sees Tyresius

"far be it from any man to judge a warrior by his stench, please we would be honored if you join us"

with these words Niril begins following Roderick in long even strides

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Hey, I didn't kill you, your own party did (that and you guys foolish bravery ;) **

"Ah, an inn or tavern with good food and drink after a day's traveling, can't get much better than this." With a contented grunt, the dwarf follows the others.

R

Rando

**please...no signitures...and anyone feel free to join in at any time.**

With the sun on your backs and the wind in your hair, you all march toward the small town in the distance. Soon, you see on the road-sdie a faded and weathered sign which reads "Ansalton".

There would seem to be but one street in the town, that being the road you now travel, and only a hand full of buildings. Out in the rolling hills that surround this tiny hamlet, you can see scatered farm houses and cottages conected by winding paths and walk-ways.

The locals watch you all with a bit of fear and wonder, mothers clutching thier children close and workmen pausing momentarily for a glimpse.

You pass by a smithie's, a stable, a general store and a cobler. There is also a tailor's shop and an Inn called "Muckwater's". Across the street from the Inn is a tavern called "The Dirty Hoff". Both are seedy looking, but then again, the entire town is a bit run down.

The sun is low in the sky and the late afternoon brings a chill to the air. You can see some of the local farmers coming into town from thier hill-side cottages for a night's drink.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, it's getting a bit nippy and I'm hungry. What say we go into that tavern there for a bite to eat and some drink?"

I lead the way.

R

Rando

"That sounds like a grand idea!" says Roderick. "First round of ale is on me!"

R

rkoelsch

"very thirsty"

Morgoth heads for the Dirty Hoff Tavern

** I just wanted to complain so I could feel more normal j/k;)

M

MrXarvox

Pally follows the group into the tavern.

" 'ey, as long as I ain't payin'! I would, o'course, but then I ain't got no gold."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"'tis very kind of you Roderick"

Niril follows the rest into the tavern