Come and play with me...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Thank you, Vertioch, for the drink, but a knight I am no longer. I bear no titles, good sir, and am simply another sell-sword on the road looking for adventure. Ahhh, well, that was fun while it lasted." I look to the locals still in the tavern and ask "Why did you attack us like that?"

**Ahhh, now I remember. It's been a while since I heard the "munchkin" term, so I didn't even think about it :eek:**

P

Prince RXI

***Wait, what happened with the skeletons??? Anyway, it wasn't charming... it was calming***

Celebrandir stands up from his playing position, looks over at the table he was sitting at, and notices that his drink is overturned and empty.

"Dang it. And that was a good year too..."

Celebrandir looks around, they hears the call for a song to be played.

"Ok... How about one of my old favorites."

He they plays a ballad about the destruction of the Undead creatures in a swamp far to the north that he helped out with.

A

Apollo

Upon hearing a small noise next to him, Dorgath looks down to find a bird, standing just over a foot tall next to him. The bird is bright red with yellow feathers, and looks as if it might be from a tropical region. It then startles Dorgath by speaking:

"Excuse me, good sir, but I was hoping you would be so kind as to buy me a drink. I think it would be small compensation for that mob you folks almost ran me over with. And besides, the folks in this tavern aren't very kind about serving those with wings, and I haven't had a drink in weeks."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** never heard of "munchkin before... **

I rub my head where several bumps are beginning to form.

"Aye, either I was hit harder than I thought or I had too much to drink before. A talking bird!"

Still in a slight daze, I pick up the bird and put him on the bar near my flask. I also feel for tender spots on my arms and legs and ribs. I also pull up a stool as Vertioch suggests.

R

Rando

To All Players -

Roderick stares in amazment for a moment at the bar's newest patron. "Well! I have NEVER seen the like..." He digs in his pack for a piece of stale bread. Roderick then offers it to the bird. "Polly wanna cruton? Hm? Polly wanna bite? Pretty birdie..."

Meanwhile, the bartender has been backing towards the back door of the tavern, and has not served you any of your requests since the brawl ended. "Whats this! First, harps and elf songs, then fights and skeletons and loud boom, and now a talking bird!?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!..." He takes off at a run for his back door.

All this time, the two farmers continue to be transfixed in a terror-filled daze at the sight of the animated dead...which has yet to be dispelled.

Also, you hear a comotion out in the street. It sounds like dozens of voices raised in unison...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Great, offend the locals when all that was needed was a bite to eat, drink, and sleep. I was just so looking forward to another night under the stars... :rolleyes: "

I peer out/crack open a window to hear what is being said.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Bah!, I can't help it these people haven't even seen a card trick before"

Niril unsummons the skeleton, hops over the bar, grabs a glass and some ale. He pours the ale into the glass for their new companion.

Niril uses his elven ears to try and hear the voices.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

There seems to be a mob orginizing out on the street. You see/hear on individual (who you recognize as being in the bar earlier) leading the others, trying to convince them that "they don't have to take it." and "it's our town, not a bunch of straglers!" and "Just who in the hell do they think they are?" and so on. The crowd seems to agree.

R

rkoelsch

"Perhaps now would be a good time to leave. I was just looking for a good leg stretch and don't feel like fighting a small village just because some people don't remember how to be civilised"

Morgoth moves to the exit the bartender took and looks out. If not impeded he will attempt to get out of town.

P

Prince RXI

Celebrandir finishes his ballad and stands up.

"I think that the townfolk need calming down... anyone else play an instrument?"

If anyone else does, Celebrandir hand them the instrument thar they play, if he has it. Celebrandir has 3 more harps, a flute, a lute, a shalm, 2 sets of pan-pipes, and 2 drums. ***He's a wandering bard... he plays lots of types of music.*** After instruments are passed out, he starts to play a song ment to be friendly.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I speak to the others.

"It appears that the villagers are re-grouping outside. As I do not wish to be caught in a flammable building, I suggest we head outside as well."

I go out the back exit where the bartender exited, making sure that it's not blocked either.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril smiles at Morgoth's comment, then quickly follows after him and Dorgath

"Threaten the life of one drunk, and the whole town goes nuts, jeez what was he the mayor?"

B

BigBlue

Vertioch pulls his hood back up, picks up the aforementioned gold he meant to drink with and follows everyone else out the back having first cast a hold portal on the front door to hold off the mob.

As I walk I start to whistle a tune, "Be kind to your fine feathered friend, for your friend may be ..." The extent of my Musical talent I'm afraid.

**by the way has everyone here seen summoner geeks? "...I cast Magic Missile."**

R

Rando

**And, how are you packing all of those insrumments?**

To all players -

Looking out the back door (I imagine much like the Three Stooges, one head above the other) you see an alley way. It seems clear, as there is no sign of the bartender or anyone else.

Suddenly, you hear a pounding on the bar's front door...It seems that the locals are trying to bash it down.

To the left, the alley leads deeper into the village. To the right, past a couple more buildings, you see rolling hills and the road out of town...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril looks at Morgoth and Dorgath

"Well since we want to leave, logic would dictate we go right"

R

rkoelsch

(Three stooges how appropriate)
I follow along whoop whoop whoop

P

Prince RXI

***Celebrandir has them in a Greater Bag of Holding 4... a little something that he got from Sacalon... It is in his Bio I made for D&D later today.***

Celebrandir stops playing and listens to what the others want to do to stop this.

"I will do what you want me to do so as to end this riot."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril grabs Celebrandir and follows after the others

"There is no ending this riot, there is only dying and running like hell, I'd suggest we do the latter"

B

BigBlue

Vertioch slips into darkness and shadow and heads off with the party. "To the right then? Soitenly, Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck"