Breaking Upwelling

D

DeathMaster666

I wouldn't put Mana Flare up there along with all that stuff. What about Fork?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Extended and beyond? As in Extended an other formats just as underpowered or moreso?

Channel, Fastbond, and etc? Well, we could make a much bigger list, but I don't think green--or red for that matter is as powerful as white for the most part...

T

train

green and red are more powrful than white if you look at 1-1.5...

now white has more resources and utility... but red is one of the strongest colors with it's brute force...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, but most of that brute force is usable only in monored decks...

White doesn't do as much on its own, but it's a powerful color when combined with its friends, moreso I think than red, which has Wheel of Fortune, Goblin Welder, and not very much else unless the deck is all or mostly all red...

Blue, as you surely know, does this very well also, in addition to being good on its own...

T

train

white's strength is that it melds so well with blue and a bit with green(admittedly, there's only so much synergy...)

red on the other hand gives you black and green...

except for counters - I see red winning out when it comes to allies...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not sure what you mean when it comes to allies, but I think white has quite a few more broken cards...

And red doesn't do that much to support black. It supports green somewhat, but it's just not the great support color that white is...

T

train

The order of brokenness... IMO

Blue
Black
Green
White
Red...

It's not the support red gives black - it's the synergy between the 2... - the speed, quick damage, creatures, and a higher level of cards to win quickly...

Granted white blue is one of the all time power combinations... it's blue...

:rolleyes: