A New Concept Set

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

_________
3U
Enchantment
Whenever you discard a card, you may sacrifice a pure permanent and an impure permanent. If you do, draw three cards.

Nature's Girth
2GG
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
G: Regenerate enchanted creature.
G: Regenerate Nature's Girth.
Pure

Trark Stick Guy (keep this name)
1RR
Creature - Wizard
2/2
Creatures deal X additional combat damage this turn, where X is the number of blood counters on Trark Stick Guy.
Sacrifice a Goblin: Put a blood counter on Trark Stick Guy.
For each one damage done to Trark Stick Guy, remove a blood counter from it.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Trark Greasemonkey
Creature- Goblin
2R
2B: Regenerate target creature
2G: Regenerate target non-creature permanent
1/2
Pure.
You don't have to be too smart to fix stuff. You just have to be nimble and experienced. I mean I did it. Didn't I?
Jaq, Trark Greasemonkey.

BTW: Flavor text for Oblivion Crush.
"That... has GOT to hurt!
-Jose Ortiz, Senior Commander of the 107th division.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Guard Hydra
5R
Enchantment
Guard Hydra comes into play with 4 Mark counters on it.
Remove a Mark counter on Guard Hydra: Guard Hydra deals 2 damage to target creature. That creature cannot regenerate.

Protective Hydra
4UU
Enchantment
When Time Hydra comes into play, put two Mark counters on it.
Remove a Mark counter from Protective Hydra: Counter target spell

*The idea behind these two, espically the blue one, is to give you a little leeway time to cast some bigger spells.

Mana Burnout
4RR
Instant
Target player is dealt damage equal to the amount of lands they control.

Clawing Elves
G
Creature - Elf
Whenver Clawing Elves deals damage to a player, place a Mark counter on Clawing Elves.
Remove a Mark counter: Add 1 to your mana pool
1/1

Footfall Stalker
GG
Creature - Not Elf or Beast
ForestWalk
Whenver Footfall Stalker deals damage to a player, place a Mark counter on Footfall Stalker.
Remove a Mark counter: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool.
2/1

Masquerade
2UU
Enchant creature
All creatures in play are now copies of enchanted creature.

Not really poison
1G
Enchantment
Whenver a source you control deals damage to a player, you may instead prevent that damage and out a Mark counter on ~this~.
Remove ten Mark counters from ~this~: You win the game.

Addiction Rush
U
Instant
Target opponent draws cards equal to the amount of lands you control.

*Addiction Rush is cool.

Brian
G
Sorcery
When Brian comes into play, you and your oppenent may sacrifice any number of lands. For each two lands you sacrificed in this way, you may search your library for a land card and put it into play, tapped. Shuffle your library afterwards. Your oppenent does the same.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

On Anycraze, Magma Elemental scored 4 Playability and 7 Originality.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I thought you were bragging until I remembered that was my card... cool.
What's the scale?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I have no idea what the point of this card is
Sorcery
X3G
Find X^2 - 5X + 1. If it's positive, add that much mana of any one color to your mana pool.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Metal Guy
Artifact creature - Golem
Metal Guy cannot be blocked except by artifact Creatures.
Metal Guy gets +1/+1 for each other artifact creature in play.
1/1

The Metal Skipper
Artifact Creature - Whatever
For each time The Metal Skipper is tapped during your turn past the first, you lose 1 life.
T, pay 1 life: Draw a card
1/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

Dread Call
3BB
Sorcery (Instant, but it should cost more)
Return any number of creature cards that were put into the graveyard this turn back into play under your control.

Fresh Revive
1BB
Instant
Return any number of creatures you control that were put into the graveyard this turn back into play.

Maiden Statue
Artifact
Maiden Statue cannot be the target of spells or abilites.
During your upkeep, gain 1 life.

Spiraling Whirlpool
2UU
Instant
Your opponent cannot play any spells or abilties this turn, and all creatures that player controls cannot attack or block. That same player draws 3 cards.

Passive Block
3GG
Enchantment
Whenver two or more creatures attack, you may prevent the combat damage dealt from half of the attacking creatures, rounded up.

Lightning Sentry
2RR
Enchantment
1: Until end of turn, whenver a creature attacks or blocks, Lightning Sentry deals 5 damage to it. Destroy Lighting Sentry at end of turn.

N

Nightstalkers

bring us back!!!
bring us back!!!
bring us back!!!
bring us back!!!
bring us back!!!

<arms with watermelon guns>

Bring us back!!!

Prowling Nightstalker
3B
creature-Nighstalker
Can only be blocked by other black creatures
2/2

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Tentacle Strangler
Creature- Night Stalker
3BB
Whenever TS would deal combat damage to a creature, the creature gets -0/-x until end of turn instead. Whenever TS would deal combat damage to a player, that player instead loses that much life.
5/2

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

That's a good idea, and much better than a Portal second age reprint.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

---This is not part of either set, unless you want it in yours. I severely doubt it.---

Bouncy Nightstalkers
3RB
Creature- Nightstalker Starlet

Haste.
You may play this at any time you would play an instant
Whenever this comes into play, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

X1BR: Put X 1/1 black and red Nightstalker tokens with haste into play. Return Bouncy Nightstalkers to its owner's hand.

Bring us back! Bring us back! Bring us back ^^; ^_^ :) :) :p !!!!!
3/3

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Upheaval's Take the offensive (SOR, 6RR) is now Alpha Strike,and creatures you control get +10/+0, haste and attack this turn if able.

Artwork: Three flaming, barely distinguishable figures jump out at an armored Dragoon at blinding speed, and the dragoon's facial expression states that he is quite screwed.

FT: It's not paranoia if everyone really *is* out to get you.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sanford Knight
2W
Creature - Knight
When ~this~ comes into play, choose a creature. That creature cannot attack or play any activated abilites.
2/2

Flitful Lamb
1W
Creature - Beast
Whenever damage would be dealt to Flitful Lamb, prevent that damage unless it is from a black source.
1/3

Practice yard
1W
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control would deal damage, you may prevent that damage and gain that amount of life.

Lamenting Wanderer
1G
Creature - Not Elf or beast
1GGX: Remove ~this~ from the game: Search your library for a green card with converted mana cost equal to X. Whenever that creature leaves play, return ~this~ back into play.
1/1

Permeating Aura
1BB
Enchant Creature
Whenver enchanted creature attacks, the defending player loses 2 life.
Whenver enchanted creature blocks or is blocked by a creature, that creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

DarkFriend
3B
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature is black.
2BB: Gain control of enchanted creature until end of turn. You may pay black mana instead of the specifed color on any activated abilites of enchanted creature.

Shaman
3RR
Creature - Barbarian
The toughness of all creatures in play is 1.
3/1

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Sanford Knight is cool, just because you think that ability's been done before and it hasn't.
Flitful Lamb is a little on the powerful side but after thinking about it for a few minutes I think it's OK.
Practice Yard, Lamenting Wanderer and Permeating Aura are all interesting limited quality cards. that's the kind of card I like seeing in design whether I design it or someone else does. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. (I'm confusing you aren't I? :p ;))
DarkFriend is interesting, just because of what it does that black isn't supposed to be able to do, in the name of black, which makes it seem OK.
Shaman is cool.

Lost Ritual
BB
Enchantment
B, Remove a card in your graveyard from the game: Add X black mana to your mana pool, where X is the converted mana cost of the card removed. You lose X life.
How's this seem? Green maybe? (not gold)

Opal Dragon (not taken yet)
4BW
Creature - Dragon
5/5
W: Destroy target local enchantment. Its controller loses 1 life.
1, Sacrifice a local enchantment: Gain 1 life. Any player may play this ability.
Flying

F

FoundationOfRancor

hey Thallid, thanks for the input.

Lost Ritual
I think its balanced, and in the right color...the life loss would not fit in any color, but add mana does. It seems like it might be an engine of sorts, but I dont see it fueling combo with the giant life loss.

Opal Dragon
Pretty cool. Balanced.

Sneak
1UU
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature is unblockable

Life Monger
1W
Creature - Whatever
XT: Each player gains X life.
1/1

Manae
Artifact creature - Shapeshifter Golem
If you payed any colored mana for Manae's casting cost, Manea counts as those colors.
1: If target opponent controls lands that can produce mana the color of Manea, then Manea is unblockable until end of turn.
2/2

Hyperion
1RR
Creature - Ball Lightning
Haste
When Hyperion comes into play, your opponent may search his or her library for up to three non-basic land cards and put them in his or her hand. They shuffle their library afterwards.
Hyperion gets -1/-1 for each non-basic land in play.
4/4

Glass Wall
1UU
Creature - Wall
(Walls cannot attack)
Whenever a creature attacks you, put into play as many 0/1 blue Wall creature tokens as there are attacking creatures. At the end of combat, remove all wall tokens from play.
0/1

Grubb
2GG
Enchantment
Grubb cannot be the target of abilites.
Skip the next time you would draw a card, sacrifice a land: Destroy target permanent. Any player may play this ability, but only once per turn.

Shockthrough
1RR
Sorcery
Search target players library for artifact cards. That player is dealt 2 damage for each artifact they have in their library. That player shuffles their library afterwards.

Opium
1B
Creature - Zombie
Protection from black.
Whenver a creature comes into play, Opium destroy all creatures with the same converted mana cost as that creature.
1/1

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Your weird names are getting better and better... Someday there should be a card called Opium. :)

Sneak is printed already and costs 1U (Cloak of Mists from Urza's Saga).
Let's try to add something else to it though... Since it's your card, I'll let you try first.

Life Monger,
Manae (is it manae or manea?), and
Hyperion
are all really good.

Glass Wall
1UU
Creature - Wall
(Walls cannot attack)
Whenever a creature attacks you, put into play as many 0/1 blue Wall creatures as there are attacking creatures.
0/1

So much for infinite squirrel finishes... (unless they use Overrun or Kamahl).
Maybe you should get rid of the tokens after combat.

Grubb
2GG
Enchantment
Grubb cannot be the target of abilites.
Skip drawing a card, sacrifice a land: Destroy target permanent. Any player may play this ability, but only once per turn.

Do you skip your draw phase?
This is a really cool card, Desert Twister on crack.
I don't know what to call it though

Shockthrough
1RR
Sorcery
Search target players library for artifact cards. That player is dealt 2 damage for each artifact they have in their library. That player shuffles their library afterwards.

Forget Shatterstorm...

Opium
B
Creature - Zombie
Protection from black.
Whenver a creature comes into play, Opium destroy all creatures with the same converted mana cost as that creature.
1/1

Does that include the creature itself?
This is a nice card. Just the ability to kill tokens this easily is worth B; I think 1B might be better.

---------------------------

blankblankblank
2WW
Creature - Angel
4/3
Flying
Tap: Put two +0/+1 counters on target creature the controller of blankblankblank controls. Any player may play this ability.

Traztrom General
4G
Creature - Beast Soldier
3/3
Untapped creatures you control get +2/+0 and have "Tap: You (the controller of this ability) lose 3 life. Any player may play this ability."