A New Concept Set

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I have 3 ideas for a black 'biggie' spell (R, 6BB, Sorcery):

Rise of the Fallen
Return all creature cards from your graveyard to play.

Maelstrom
As you play Maelstrom, each player may pay any amount of mana. Each player's life total becomes the amount of mana they paid. Your life total becomes 8, minus 4 for each card in your hand fewer than three.

"The very wind of the negative plane, ripping apart the bodies, minds, and even souls of all within."

Covert Excursion
Discard your hand, then search your library for as many cards as you discarded in this way and put them into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

BTW: If Ninjas were put into the set, the flavor for C.E. would increase greatly.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Anycraze.com is vital for card creation. I plan on adapting all cards for the new concept set, and some good ones from my own, onto it. In anycraze, I'm known as 'groovemonger.' You guys can all see how well our ideas play out soon enough.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, the word on this is I haven't done anything about it, what with moving to Massachusetts and just getting the computer hooked up yesterday and all.

I'll make some cards within the next couple of weeks and review these soon when I have time.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I have one more idea about the ability: it can be based on what the permanent does. Assuming again it's called pure/impure, a permanent can be called "pure" if it does things we consider to be "creative" as opposed to "destructive," which would be "impure."

Two ideas follow which don't have to apply or to be together:

1. We could then split up the ability list into pure/impure categories.

2. Thus - and this is a guess, not a rule at all - black will probably have the highest proportion of impure to pure and green or white will probably have the highest proportion of pure to impure.

How does all this sound?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Sounds cool.

We would still have to label them, I think.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Purity Order

White (All pure)
Green (25% P/75% I)
Blue Equal
Red (25% I/75% P)
Black (All impure)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Or how about this:

White (90 P/ 10 I)
Blue Equal
Black (10 P/ 90 I)
Red (30 P/ 70 I)
Green (70 P / 30 I)

I suggest this mainly because I don't think any color should be too far one way or the other.

Whatever most people agree on can be what goes.

S

Sammy Dead-O

White can actually be fairly destructive, what with Disenchant and Wrath and Geddon effects, as well as a fair amount of targeted creature removal. I might even think of Green as the more creative color (before Naturalize, anyway :p).

BTW, TICM, that's a great idea.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I guess W wouldn't be purely pure, excuse the pun, so 90/10, or even 85/15, is a good idea.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Here's a barely related card idea I thought of today and wanted to write down somewhere:

Blank
X1RR
0/3
When Blank comes into play, it deals X damage to each creature and each player and put X +1/+0 counters on it.
Impure (whatever, it doesn't have to be)

I need help working on the cost/toughness balance for this card.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Magma Elemental would be a good name for Blank.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If there isn't already a Magma Elemental, sure.

More cards that more directly relate to the concept:

Rifttail Hawk
2W
Creature - Bird
1/3
Pure, flying
1W, Sacrifice Rifttail Hawk: Destroy target impure creature.

Riftbeak Vulture
2B
Creature - Bird
1/3
Impure, flying
1B, Sacrifice Riftbeak Vulture: Destroy target pure creature.

Riftwing Faerie
UU
Creature - Faerie
0/2
Tap: Tap target pure or impure creature.

Axis Mundi
Land
Axis Mundi comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add W to your mana pool.
Impure creatures have "If you don't control a swamp, sacrifice this creature."
Pure

___________ (Someplace really bad)
Land
______ comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add B to your mana pool.
Pure creatures have "If you don't control a plains, sacrifice this creature."
Impure

Athlapod
2G
Creature - Beast
4/2
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Athlapod isn't enchanted, sacrifice it.
Pure

Vandal Mage
1RR
Creature - Wizard
2/2
XR: Destroy up to two target artifacts the sum of whose mana costs is less than or equal to X.
Impure

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Most of the indicated creature type will be the indicated purity, if any at all, but there will be exceptions.

WHITE
Samurai, Protectors, P

BLUE
Dragoons I (Allied w/ Defilers)
Davinas P (Allied w/ Protectors)

Black
Ninja, Defilers I

Red
Starlets P (Allied w/ Wurmites)
Commandoes I (Allied w/ Ninja)

Green
Wurmites I
Preservers P (Allied w/ Samurai)

Any questions?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The first can be: How does everyone else feel about the apparent merger of these sets?

I don't mind, but I do have an even weirder idea: Let's run them separately with a little bit of overlap. Everyone can submit to whichever set he/she wants, but let's not have too many ideas overlap. If we design them concurrently but in some measure of isolation we'll see which ideas seem to work well and which don't.

The only other thing I will say about your assigning purity types along creature type lines is that you probably won't have enough Starlets or wurmites.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Oblivion Crush
4BB (can use adjustment)
Sorcery
Remove each player's hand from the game. Then target player loses life equal to the total number of cards removed in this way.

Willow Shield
1G
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1.
Sacrifice Willow Shield: Destroy target enchantment.
Pure

Renegade Elder
2GG
Creature - something
2/1
3: Target pure permanent becomes impure instead of pure. Draw a card.
Impure
Protection from pure sources.

When ________ comes into play, it deals to target impure creature damage equal to the number of goblins in play.
Pure
Protection from impure sources.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Flowstone Apothecary
2R
Creature - Cleric
0/3
X, Tap: X target creatures get -1/+1 this turn.
1R, Sacrifice a land: Target impure permanent becomes pure instead.
Pure

Faith Elemental
1WW
Creature - Spirit
1/1
Flying, pure
Faith Elemental gets +1/+0 for each pure permanent in play, +0/+1 for each white creature in play, -1/-0 for each impure permanent in play and -0/-1 for each black creature in play.

Trark Gobb
1RR
Creature - Insect
1/1
When Trark Gobb becomes blocked, sacrifice it and it deals 5 damage to target creature or player.
When Trark Gobb attacks and is not blocked, you may sacrifice two creatures. If you do, destroy target land.
Impure
Trark Forest smells so bad that no group but the goblins has explored it; thus only the goblins have analyzed the forest's native species, and so the scientific community has had to live with the goblins' stupid names for everything.

Trark Splat
3RR
Creature - Elemental
4/4
Pure
So named because of the sound goblins make when it meets them.

Trark Swoosh
3R
Creature - Bird
1/1
Flying, impure
When Trark Swoosh blocks or is blocked by a pure creature, Trark Swoosh gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

(There's another version that affects impure but is otherwise exactly the same.)
I need help on working out this card.

________
Legendary Land
________ comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add G to your mana pool.
XG, Tap: Put a X/X green Wall creature token into play. X is the number of pure permanents you control.
Pure

XR, Tap: ___________ deals X damage to target creature. X is the number of impure permanents you control.
Impure

These lands should be joined by legendary pure versions of basic islands, plains, and forests, and legendary impure versions of basic islands, swamps, and mountains, as well as the legendary white and black lands I listed before. (Blue gets the worst legendary lands because it has the option of pure/impure just in blue.) So each color has 2 legendary lands now in addition to basics.

Wak-Wak-Wak, Emperor Penguin
1UUU
Creature - Penguin Legend
2/3
Islandwalk
WG: Return up to two impure permanents to owner's hand. Put Wak-Wak-Wak, Emperor Penguin on top of your library.
BR: Return up to two pure permanents to owner's hand. Put Wak-Wak-Wak, Emperor Penguin on top of your library.

Wall of Solidarity
5W
Creature - Wall
0/20
1W, put 4 -1/-1 counters on Wall of Solidarity: Prevent the next four damage this turn to target creature or player.
Pure

Shining Armor
1WW
Sorcery
Prevent three-fourths, rounded down, of all damage that would be dealt to creatures you control this turn.
Multiply the damage that would be dealt to you next turn by 4.

Eveningtide Seer
2U
Creature - Wizard
1/2
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove the top card and the bottom card of your library from the game.
At the end of your upkeep, if you have three or more cards in your hand, remove two random cards in your hand from the game and put the top card and the bottom card of your library into your hand.
Impure

Morningbrine Seer
UU
Creature - Wizard
1/1
When another creature comes into play, remove the bottom card of your library from the game.
Pure

______
1BB
Sorcery
Pay X life: Destroy target pure permanent with converted mana cost equal to X.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Absolute Miracle
2WW
Enchantment
All black creatures get -1/-0 and are pure.
All impure creatures get -0/-1 and are white.

Absolute Terror
2BB
Enchantment
All white creatures get -0/-1 and are impure.
All pure creatures get -1/-0 and are black.