You Make the Card #3

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Spiderman, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Limited Yes, but we won't care

"Vanish into Memory"? But the creature comes back right? What, you remember?

'You Make The Card' has kinda lost my interest..
  2. Notepad Seffy Sefro

yeah its a cool card, but this whole process has been rather disinteresting. Maybe because of the huuuuuuge delay in votes this time around. The momentum was lost, thus the fan energy discontinued. Too bad!
  3. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Tempo is important in more than just PLAYING Magic.
  4. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Maybe there should be a premium article about "Tempo in Your YMTC Metavote" or something? j/k
  5. orgg Administrator

That might make a great humor article...
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I agree about the tempo of this time's YMTC. It does seem it just pops up here and there, not regularly...
  7. Notepad Seffy Sefro

What they need is a cool new mascot, like the government's been making. Nothing like the Energy Hog to get consumers to perk up and pay attention. Maybe then they could afford all the tempo loss they want.

I hereby nominate both Orgg and Nightstalkers as YMTC mascots.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Attached Files:

9. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Well, its tremendously unspectacular. IMO
  10. turgy22 Nothing Special

-Mark Rosewater

This puzzles me. I thought for sure this card would end up being a part of the Azorius guild in Dissension. I guess they couldn't get it made up in time. Regardless, I think this sort of proves the fact that the backstory behind Coldsnap is a load of BS.
    I also expect it to be one of the most underwhelming rares in the set. If it were uncommon, I think I'd love it, but these YMTCs always end up at rare.
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Indeed. Mark's comments seems to tell the truth behind the story of Coldsnap...
  12. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Yeah, I was thinking about that. They claimed to have the set made and never releashed, but here's a new card for the set?

Ransac, cpa trash man
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Not that - they claim that the user community came up with a card that was already IN Coldsnap. I guess they're having a good laugh over how they came up with Coldsnap... :)
  14. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

#5 is definitely the cat's pajamas.
  15. Zigathon Registered Nerd

Careful we don't judge that card out of context of the entire set...
  16. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah, I think the card kind of sucks. Hopefully the set will be better overall.
  17. Zigathon Registered Nerd

Actually, I think the card will be good in Limited. Instant speed card draw. During most match-ups, you're going to see a lot of X/1 creatures and this is a decent U/W answer for that because you're getting cards as well.
  18. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the card was finished. I need to look for multiple pages next time.

I don't think the card is chase, but overall it's pretty cool, casual combo card which is always good with me.

Play with critters/effects that boost upon attacking or blocking (like Konda), and every once and awhile you can neuter your opponent's Might of Oaks or some such. Or yet another card that is very good with Sneak Attack.

Ruling Q: if you remove a token, does it come back into play?
  19. Zigathon Registered Nerd

Nope... a token is gone for good.
  20. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Thought so, didn't know if this was one of those cards that WizCo prints every now and again which chooses to completely disregard any semblance of rules.

Thanks for the clarification.