You Make the Card #3

L

Limited

"Vanish into Memory"? But the creature comes back right? What, you remember?

'You Make The Card' has kinda lost my interest..

N

Notepad

yeah its a cool card, but this whole process has been rather disinteresting. Maybe because of the huuuuuuge delay in votes this time around. The momentum was lost, thus the fan energy discontinued. Too bad!

N

Notepad

Maybe there should be a premium article about "Tempo in Your YMTC Metavote" or something? j/k

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about the tempo of this time's YMTC. It does seem it just pops up here and there, not regularly...

N

Notepad

What they need is a cool new mascot, like the government's been making. Nothing like the Energy Hog to get consumers to perk up and pay attention. Maybe then they could afford all the tempo loss they want.

I hereby nominate both Orgg and Nightstalkers as YMTC mascots.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yes, Vanish Into Memory has been slotted for Coldsnap. And just between you and me, the fact that the entire readership of magicthegathering.com came up word for word (and art for art) with a card the Ice Age designers made over a decade ago only to be misplaced in Richard Garfield's file cabinet for ten years is staggering. Staggering! (You all seem okay with the brain in the jar running R&D so work with me here.)
-Mark Rosewater

This puzzles me. I thought for sure this card would end up being a part of the Azorius guild in Dissension. I guess they couldn't get it made up in time. Regardless, I think this sort of proves the fact that the backstory behind Coldsnap is a load of BS.
I also expect it to be one of the most underwhelming rares in the set. If it were uncommon, I think I'd love it, but these YMTCs always end up at rare.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, I was thinking about that. They claimed to have the set made and never releashed, but here's a new card for the set?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not that - they claim that the user community came up with a card that was already IN Coldsnap. I guess they're having a good laugh over how they came up with Coldsnap... :)

Z

Zigathon

Careful we don't judge that card out of context of the entire set...

Z

Zigathon

Actually, I think the card will be good in Limited. Instant speed card draw. During most match-ups, you're going to see a lot of X/1 creatures and this is a decent U/W answer for that because you're getting cards as well.

M

Mikeymike

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the card was finished. I need to look for multiple pages next time.

I don't think the card is chase, but overall it's pretty cool, casual combo card which is always good with me.

Play with critters/effects that boost upon attacking or blocking (like Konda), and every once and awhile you can neuter your opponent's Might of Oaks or some such. Or yet another card that is very good with Sneak Attack.

Ruling Q: if you remove a token, does it come back into play?

M

Mikeymike

Zigathon said:
Nope... a token is gone for good.
Thought so, didn't know if this was one of those cards that WizCo prints every now and again which chooses to completely disregard any semblance of rules.

Thanks for the clarification.