You Make the Card #3

J

jorael

My submission: remove all creatures from the game, at end of turn return all creatures to play under its owner’s control.

A massive otherworldly journey without the +1/+1. Not very innovative, but this was my first thought seeing the art. So I went with it.

I

Istanbul

Counter target spell.
Gain life equal to that spell's converted mana cost.

It's never been done before. Closest they ever came was Absorb, and that's a hard 3 life no matter what you counter.

D

DÛke

My submission:

Until end of the turn, target permanent is indestructible. You gain life equal to its total mana cost.

It explores a mechanic that is new to Magic, and the first time in an Instant/Sorcery form. Not to mention how powerful a card like this would be, given the right mana cost, of course, which I envision at 2WW, if not 1WW, and at Instant speed, of course. Not broken, not over the top, just interesting.

O

orgg

I submitted a 'gain one life' card that automatically went to your hand when it was put into the graveyard.

If ~this~ would be put into your graveyard, put it into your hand instead.

Gain one life.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Orgg, if your card does what I think it does (it isn't worded "from "anywhere" but it doesn't specify that it had to have resolved in order for the ability to work either, so I'm unsure), wouldn't it be pretty crazy with stuff like Wild Mongrel?

O

orgg

Yea.

I figured since all the cards made so far were nearly broken, I might as well continue the trend.

If it's selected... I'd be SHOCKED.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They could like the general idea of the mechanic but change it or balance it as it's play-tested...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's finally back on.

You Make the Card 3 Step 5

Mana Cost Vote

White sorcery 3W

White instant 4W

White/Blue sorcery 1UW

White/Blue instant 2UW

Mechanic J won from Step 3 (I think they skipped Step 4)

Remove target creature from the game and draw cards equal to its power. At the beginning of your next upkeep, return it to play and discard cards equal to its toughness.

N

Notepad

It's horrible as a sorcery. This is more of a combat trick card for instants. In that case, 4W is way too much, so anyone who votes, please make it a gold card. :D

J

jorael

Agreed.

Wizards: stop the poll, ignore the votes. We have decided!

I

Istanbul

I sent in Whisk Away.

I know, it doesn't have a prayer. But it seems like the best way to tie in the art to the effect.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You Make the Card 3 Step 7

Choose Name from the final 10 Choices:

A. Astral Pilgrimage
B. Astral Sojourn
C. Dreamless Sleep
D. Dust of Dreams
E. Journey Through Dreams
F. Somnomancy
G. Tranceport
H. Trial of Sands
I. Vanish into Memory
J. Wander in Dreams

I like B.

O

orgg

"Dream Magic," or F. Somnomancy seems to fit it best in my mind.

The creature is sent to dreamland, and its dreams are your own.

(reference 'Dream Cache')

J

jorael

Trial of Sands

Sounds best, IMO. Besides, I find the person in the picture more some kind of desert spirit, than something from a dream.

O

orgg

I submitted 'FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT!!! EXCUSE ME!
-Furt, Goblin Extrordinairre'

Y'know, Furt Farts.

's just a throwaway. Could be fun if it was selected.