Yet another werewolf game

D

DarthFerret

Ok, here is the full story of my werewolf role. First off, Hrothmar and I were the original Werewolves. Since Hrothmar did not show up, that created a bit of a problem. So after that first night, Limited was then assigned to become the successor. Only problem was that he was already campaining against me. We thought it would be a dead giveaway to change his vote from me, especially if I would have been hung anyway. I logged on too late before the next night to force a tie. Ah well, I guess I can just take comfort in the fact that my team won, even if I was sidelined for most of the match. And I am in a greement. Next Game !!!!

Z

Zigathon

Ummm, why didn't Oversoul send a PM about the green rocks? Surely that was a plot device, right?

Z

Zigathon

EricBess said:
Ransac - I actually kicked it to the ghost counsil because I was hoping that in your dying night you might have found out who the wolf was. Limited already mentioned that he wanted to change his vote, but realized it would make him look guilty if he did. The ghost counsil was very risky for the real wolf...
Ironically, that's why I voted for you in ghost council. Spiderman could post my response if he'd like. Wait... we're talking about end-game, right?

EDIT: Yeah, but said green rocks were mentioned in the first page. Also, my character mentioned them, as did another. We never got an answer. I think if something becomes intregral to the plot, it should come into play. Whether or not how much an answer it reveals. How much fun would it have been if we'd heard some tidbit about them from whomever ran the game?

E

EricBess

Zigathon said:
Ironically, that's why I voted for you in ghost council. Spiderman could post my response if he'd like. Wait... we're talking about end-game, right?

EDIT: Yeah, but said green rocks were mentioned in the first page. Also, my character mentioned them, as did another. We never got an answer. I think if something becomes intregral to the plot, it should come into play. Whether or not how much an answer it reveals. How much fun would it have been if we'd heard some tidbit about them from whomever ran the game?
So, I was killed by the Ghost Counsil because I could have just won the game and chose not to? :D

I believe I started it by saying I was studying rocks in the area. Then train brought up "specific" rocks, which I think he was just making up. I said that samples had been sent back to the lab for analysis and a couple of times I was asked what the results were.

I believe the whole thing about the rocks only came out in role-playing and was never intended to be an actual plot point.

Z

Zigathon

EricBess said:
So, I was killed by the Ghost Counsil because I could have just won the game and chose not to? :D

I believe I started it by saying I was studying rocks in the area. Then train brought up "specific" rocks, which I think he was just making up. I said that samples had been sent back to the lab for analysis and a couple of times I was asked what the results were.

I believe the whole thing about the rocks only came out in role-playing and was never intended to be an actual plot point.
Yeah, you're correct. However, had I been running the game, I'd have PM'd a blurb about them at the end of a day (at my discretion). Speaking of... who's running the next one? I could pick up the reins.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Zigathon said:
I think if something becomes intregral to the plot, it should come into play.
I disagree. If one or more players kept throwing out red herrings that others go on to discuss, I'm not going to do those players a favor by integrating them into the plot somehow, and I'm certainly not going to harm those players by discrediting their red herrings, thereby casting suspicion on them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, go ahead. I was thinking of running two in a row, but I'm likely to get a bit busy this month. And if I do, I don't want it to interfere with any games. Maybe later.

E

EricBess

Looks like you're up, Zig...

BTW - I tend to agree with Oversoul and after you run one yourself, you'll probably see what we're talking about. It's really hard to actually post a comment about something that was originally brought up by a player without giving up something about why that comment might have been made in the first place.

For example, I believe it was Darth Ferret that tried to imply that there were 3 wolves in one of the games I was running. I try to keep the "twists" minor, but I didnt want to say anything one way or another. The rock thing was a bit less obtrusive, but you never know who might read something (correctly or incorrectly) into anything the moderator might add to the discussion.

But don't worry about it. This is your game to run. I think everyone who's run one of these has had at least one thing they wish they had done differently, but it's the experience of doing it that matters :D