X's RPG chapter 2

M

MrXarvox

This has been an odd and violent day for the party; and the lot of you are exhausted.
The members of the party take turns keeping watch during the night, though the black, metallic smoke billowing from the angels' corpses blocks out the light from Kivver's tower well.
A sudden drop onto a wholly foreign world... a meeting with a god... a quest to restore your sundered worlds... and a huge battle that revealed the weakness of the enemy.
But neither side in this conflict has its hands clean, and that you all know as well.
Kano has a dream tonight...

She wakes up on the side of a hill in a field of cut grass. A storm is coming... a truly monstrous cumulonimbus cloud. It spreads out in all directions and engulfs the sky.
Atop the hill are two figures. One is kneeling, struggling to get to the other, who is holding a broken stick in one hand and has its back turned.
The struggling figure is Zhyanno.
It doesn't look very much like Zhy but Kano just knows it, as one knows things in dreams.
And the figure with the stick... is Mazzak.
Kano calls out to them.
"Zhy! Maz! There's a storm afoot, you two should get off that hill!"
Then there is a flash of lightning, and Kano sees a red eye like a burning coal, set in a shadowed face and surrounded by billowing silver hair. And the lower part of its face... is obscured by a mask...
Kano wakes up in a cold sweat with that image fresh in her mind.

Dawn comes, and the black angel smoke is getting thinner, but when the pile of bodies has been exhausted there are no longer any angels in the air.
A new day has begun...

Kano: "It looks like they've gone for now. First thing we need t' do is get some proper weapons for Mr. Torch and Mr. Norm.
I got a few extra obsidians back in my hut, if it's still there at all.
Next, we need to get out of this area. There's no need for a wise old crone if there ain't a village, so I guess I'm with you lot for the long haul as they say. I've never had time to grieve in my whole life and I won't start now... I can cry when I'm too old to fight."

Kano leads the party to the smashed remains of her hut, and digs at the fallen sod. After a little work and some help from the party members, she lifts the collapsed roof and finds a dusty trapdoor in the floor. Under it is a small rack with 3 swords in it, each looking a great deal like Kano's.
She hands one to Norm and the other to the Torch.

<to norm> "Now you can make yourself useful. It's easy with one of these, you just swing and it cuts 'em. Them angels aren't very keen on darkness, as you've no doubt noticed, and obsidian makes for a great dark blade."

<to the Torch> "this might help if you get in close quarters."

T

train

*youuuuu sed cumulonimbus!!!!!!*

Crush- "Let's go guys, I want the cousins of the angel who busted my buckler, and the coward who created them."

E

EricBess

"Really, just swing like....Opps, sorry about that. Well, I'm not really into weapons much, I must say. Abismal things and all that."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, I'll take what I can get, seeing how my flame is doing almost next to nothing against those beasties. This is when my buddy the Thing could just pound them...

I wonder if I can make this flaming, at least"

I start experimenting with my flame and the blade while waiting to see what happens next.

B

BigBlue

"Where can we rustle up some grub? It's been a while since I've had anything to eat or drink."

"Then we should be off. What is the area outside the Tower like? Is it in a town? Anyone you know ever been there?"

"I'm sorry for the fate of your village. I take it as my personal responsibility to avenge this loss of life."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

" I agree, we should definetly be off, Kivver knows we're here, and he knows we pack enough punch to take down his toys, no doubt he'll be sending alot more after us."

M

MrXarvox

Before leaving, the party salvages some provisions from the ruins of a storage shack.
The party heads off towards the tower, making sure to appear as normal peasants so as not to attract attention to themselves.
There are, expectedly, more angels in the sky today than there usually would be.
Through the day, Kano describes the city of Izthano to the party, and talks about Mazzak.

"Looking at the city, you'd think it were just a ruined thing of the past, but you can tell it's populated. Tis like you would expect a city to be, bustling with people going about their business of the day, but here... every one of them is terrified. The tower sits in the middle of a gigantic shadow at the center of the city, and you've seen what shadows do here- the tower stands without support from any kind of ground under it. The shadow's cast by that light <Kano gestures to the bright thing on the horizon>. Legend has it that the light is Kivver himself, eternally straining to keep his world together, but don't you believe it. Mazzak knocked that light out once, and Kivver's still here. We know, because there are still these damned angels about.
Now let me tell you about Mazzak.
Before all this trouble, Zhy and I lived just outside the city. Mazzak was one of the locals.
Kept to himself a lot, but I had never met such an incredibly hopeless romantic. He used to bring Zhyanno flowers made out of stone, and the two of them'd always go out to the water to look at their reflections. Mazzak'd make it so that the water wouldn't cease to exist when Zhy's shadow fell on it.
He was like family, too... didn't seem to have one of his own, anyway.
And I'm sure he told you why Kivver hated him- Kivver's a jealous and paranoid creature, doesn't like to see anyone else have any kind of potential to be as strong as him.
So, pleasant as he was, Maz had to go into hiding to prevent being killed, and he did it in the shadow of the tower.
He would come out to visit Zhyanno and I, though, and we all had to fight off groups of angels on occasion.
Heh. Zhy was phenominal with a blade, you know. Better than Mazzak, and certainly better than any of those clumsy angels.
The continual hiding made Mazzak angry... especially that he had to worry about being attacked any time he wanted to see his beloved. There started to be storms around here, that put their shadows down and made things crumble.
To this day no one knows where they came from, but it's thought that Mazzak was making them subconsciously.
Anyway, Maz tried once to take Zhyanno away to his own world by flying out beyond the edge of the world on an airship- an impressive thing it was, too.
But Kivver saw it, and thought it a threat... and I'm sure you've heard the rest.
They killed Zhyanno... they made Mazzak go mad... and after Maz had rampaged through this world, they started cracking down on anything that looked remotely threatening.
And now, here we are, off to kill him, off to do what Mazzak could not...
Ach, my legs are tired. It's nearly night time anyway. Let's get some rest."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Rest sounds good. I'll take first watch.

So are these 'angels' creations of Kivver or are they actually changed beings of this world or what?"

B

BigBlue

"Rest and Repose sounds good to me."

"I'll take whatever shift is left over." "Mr. Crush, while you've had your wound sealed, you should have it looked at. I once knew a fella who had to have his arm amputated from infection, he refused and died."

"Also, to approach the tower, how are we going to get to it, can we use a light source to dispell the shadow enough to make a path? And if so, where can we get a light source like that?"

T

train

"Thanks, Kid!"
(begins examining wound for signs of infection...)
"I'm sad we didn't bash any Angels today... My arm will be just that much more rested to smash 'em tomorrow!!!"
(Crush tries to stay awake to help watch, but he's worn his energy thin and slowly dozes into a deep rest...)

M

MrXarvox

The party spends the next day journeying as before, and presses on a little past sundown to reach a run-down village at the edge of the city. Close up, it looks like Kano described it: a city of populated ruins, jagged remains of buildings that may have been quite impressive in the past, if they had got a past at all. Things seem to be fairly stable here though. There aren't many people out during the night but the shadows here don't seem to cause things to crumble; at least, not as obviously as the ones out farther from the tower do.
Crush's arm seems to be healing fine without sign of infection; though he will develop a scar that he will no doubt be proud of for the rest of his days. Still, it was a deep cut and though it was cauterized by the Torch, it won't be fully healed for some time and has weakened that arm greatly.
The party camps again tonight, tomorrow it will be time to seek out Kivver...

M

MrXarvox

spidey- your blade has been remarkably resistant to your fire, but through persistence over this period of my absence you finally manage to get the thing flaming. It's not a normal flame, though, as these blades are resistant to light... your blade now flickers with the sheen of dark fire.

everyone- I've been very busy with schoolwork and the next battle/plot twist is a big one, so feel free to do some exploring or something, make yourselves a side quest... my creativity's shot for now but I'll pop in to manipulate things if they need it...

T

train

Crush begins roaming down the streets in search of a good pub to eat and DRINK in... maybe there'll be some fist action going on....

"Anyone wanting to eat, I'm going to go looking for a pub... you're all welcome to come!"
:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Yeah, a drink would be good right about now. I'll join you while I think of a way to get off this rock and back home."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Good Idea Crush. My throat feels slightly parched, and I could definetly go for a drink."

*I follow Crush and Torch while humming the theme song for this character(Adema-Immortal, get it:D )

M

MrXarvox

to everyone- you come upon the ruins of a building that looks like a burnt-out restaurant. It has a crude sign over the door that says "Qovakano's foods and drink, cheap" on it, and there is good-smelling smoke coming from back behind the building.
There are a few peasants standing outside drinking from battered-looking goblets, and one is holding a wrapped piece of food resembling a burrito.
As you enter, you find it to be a fairly hospitable place. It consists of one long room, with a bar at the end opposite the door and a long table with various food items stacked on it near that end as well. There are chairs and tables along the walls. The few people who are seated at these glance up at you when you enter, but pay you no special attention. The burly bartender greets you from behind the bar, and motions for you to come over and buy yourselves some drinks.

"Ho! New faces you are, I see. Where you from, lads? C'mon over and have a round, or if you're hungry, just wait for Taavano to come in from the grills out back. He's just got some fresh g'nokk in, that's what you're smelling."

T

train

"Sounds good, but I'll need a pitcher for my glass, if you will." (Wanders over to the table with all the food items on it and begins filling his gut.)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I wonder what the currency of these people are?"

*while receiving my drink, I tug at my pouch of silver and gold pieces, just to make sure its still there.

!!*AZREAL'S 1000th POST*!!