WWYT w/a twist II?

D

DarthFerret

Ok, here are the results from the lame (and apparently similar to another) category: 5 Candy Bars with no nuts (including peanut butter).

Three Musketeers - 7
Hershey's Bar - 6
Milky Way - 6
Kit Kat - 5
Twix - 4
Mounds - 4 (even though nut is in the name, coconut is not a nut)
Hershey's Crunch - 1 (thought it was made by Nestle :D)
Hershey's Cookies and Cream - 1
Caramello - 1 (my personal favorite of the list, but apparently only one other person agrees)

Totals for this round:

Oversoul: 28 (5)
Mooseman: 28 (5)
Spiderman: 28 (5)
Melkor: 26 (1)
Rokapoke: 24
EricBess: 24
Turgy22: 23
Ransac: MIA

Total Scoring:
DarthFerret: 17

Oversoul: 22
Turgy22: 15
Mooseman: 11
Rokapoke: 10
Melkor: 8
Spiderman: 7
EricBess: 5
Ransac: 3

This being typed: Oversoul is the next one up.

D

DarthFerret

After going back and looking at each post, you were the only one that put the crunch. Not sure how I got confused and wrote down hershey's. You did indeed put Nestle.

Melkor

Damn, I changed from Hershey's Bar to Mounds at the last second. Cursed jingle. "Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds' don't. Because some times you feel like a, sometimes you don't"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Currently swamped with schoolwork. I'll get to this on Thursday probably. I've received submissions from just about everybody I think, but if you haven't sent one, get on it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yikes, lots of the same answers here, as you can see. In fact, I think this might be the worst category so far where variety is concerned, at least when I've been playing. Sorry everybody, I thought this one could be interesting because most people who post here are Americans and I didn't know which cities would come to mind here, but everyone zeroed in on the five most populous cities in Europe other than Moscow (which no one picked). Maybe this would have been a good category in some game where people had to give more answers, because the next most populous city in Europe after Paris is Bucharest, which no one picked. Well anyway...

Berlin: 7
Paris: 7
London: 6
Madrid: 5
Rome: 5
Amsterdam: 2
Warsaw: 1
Lisbon: 1
Athens: 1

Turgy22: 30 (5)
Melkor: 30 (5)
EricBess: 27 (1)
Rokapoke: 27 (1)
DarthFerret: 26 (0)
Mooseman: 21 (0)
Ransac: 0 (0)
Oversoul: 0 (0)

Totals:
Oversoul: 22
Turgy22: 20
DarthFerret: 17
Melkor: 13
Spiderman: 12
Mooseman: 11
Rokapoke: 11
EricBess: 6
Ransac: 3

Turgy has the highest score out of the three players who tied for first this round, so he gets to give the next category...

E

EricBess

I've been to Amsterdam, which I think worked in my disfavor this time because I picked that over Rome. I've been to Barcelona also, but I figured Madrid would be the most likely pick in Spain. I thought of a few others, but realistically, no one was going to pick say, Lisbon (okay, someone did). Those just seemed like the ones most likely to be picked.

BTW - I count 27 points, but don't bother changing anything. I don't begrudge DF and Rokapoke their point ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd better go over everything anyway, because if it's just the score assignments there that are wrong, Rokapoke should also have 27 (he also went for Amsterdam, but he chose Rome and didn't choose Madrid). Let's see...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woot! I just went for capitals in the countries people probably most know. The Madrid one was the only worrisome one, I was thinking Budapest...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I went with 5 most populous. London, Paris and Rome were the most obvious choices in my mind. Berlin and Madrid, I didn't think of off the top of my head, but they seemed to fall in line better than any other city.

As for the next category, I'll come up with something shortly. I need to think of a topic where Oversoul says one thing and everyone else says something else...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Name 5 Magic: the Gathering keyword abilities that were NOT introduced in Alpha.

The following answers are specifically barred, based on my criteria, to save everyone the time of having to look it up themselves: Flying, Trample, First Strike, Regenerate, Banding, Landwalk and Protection. All other answers are acceptable.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I double-checked and it appears that even though I correctly listed Amsterdam as being named twice, I only awarded one point for it to those that named it. Weird. Anyway, I just fixed it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
It's been a week since I posted the last category. Four people have submitted answers so far. Among those who have not submitted answers are DarthFerret, Rokapoke, EricBess, and Ransac. Remember guys, even if you don't have a chance to win, you can still screw over someone who does.

Anyway, this is the obligatory reminder post. Get those answers in now.

E

EricBess

Honestly, at this point, I feel like I'm so out of touch with Magic that I'm not even sure I could come up with 5...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just waiting on DF and (possibly) Ransac, now.

C'mon, people, the world's supposed to end tomorrow. I don't want to spend my eternity in hell wondering who would have won this round.