WWYT w/a twist II?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have six responses so far, but there's definitely no way that I'll have time to add the points up today and possibly not tomorrow either. Soon though. If you haven't sent in answers yet, you should do so.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I was too busy with school to devise a proper category and the first thing that came to mind seemed like something that might throw people off anyway (we can all think of lots of video games, but how good are we at guessing which video games other people will think people will pick). Well, there was a lot of variety in the answers, but the difference between scoring and not scoring for this round apparently came down to including both Pac-Man and Super Mario Brothers...

Pac-Man: 6
Super Mario Brothers: 5
Legend of Zelda: 3
Call of Duty: 3
Donkey Kong: 2
Sonic the Hedgehog: 2
Gauntlet: 1
Ms. Pac-Man: 1
DigDug: 1
Asteroids: 1
Mortal Kombat: 1
Final Fantasy: 1
Halo: 1
World of Warcraft: 1
Madden NFL: 1
Galaga: 1
Street Fighter 2: 1
Doom: 1
Space Invaders: 1
Tetris: 1

DarthFerret: 18 (5)
Mooseman: 17 (3)
Turgy22: 16 (2)
Melkor: 15 (1)
EricBess: 13
Spiderman: 11
Rokapoke: 11
Ransac: 0
Oversoul: 0

Totals:
Oversoul: 17

DarthFerret: 17
Turgy22: 15
Rokapoke: 10
Melkor: 7

Mooseman: 6
EricBess: 5
Ransac: 3
Spiderman: 2

DarthFerret is now tied for the lead, but he gets to give the next category, so the rest of you have a chance to catch up to him (and me).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gah! Never played Super Mario Bros, so didn't think of it... I played the original game with the brothers and pipes and jumping to flip the critters over, but not any sequels...

R

rokapoke

I was trying to put recent games down (well, except Super Mario Bros.), not even thinking about the average age of our players.... D'oh!

R

rokapoke

Call of Duty is pretty recent (looks like the most recent, in fact) and it got three votes...
Yes, and the other multi-vote games:

Pac-Man: 6 (1970s)
Super Mario Brothers: 5 (1980s)
Legend of Zelda: 3 (1980s)
Call of Duty: 3 (2000s?)
Donkey Kong: 2 (1980s)
Sonic the Hedgehog: 2 (1990s?)

Not exactly the kind of games kids these days play -- not that they know what they're missing, the lousy ingrates!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think there were plenty of old games represented, it's just that we all apparently remember them differently. I put Dig Dug, Ms. Pac Man (I think), and Gauntlet (Elf needs food, badly!) but there's Asteroids, Galaga, Space Invaders, Tetris... all good games.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I said Tetris.

I did consider the age of people here (which varies between man-child and geezer) and went old-school with every answer. I totally screwed up, though, as I originally had Donkey Kong and then thought of Space Invaders and replaced it right before submitting.

D

DarthFerret

Actually figured that Galaga would have gotten more votes, but it was my only 1 point answer!

D

DarthFerret

Did not forget, just trying to come up with a non-lame category....

List 5 candy bars that do not contain any nuts (including peanutbutter).

D

DarthFerret

Perhaps this is a lame category, only have one response so far....

E

EricBess

Perhaps this is a lame category, only have one response so far....
Was it my response that I barely sent yesterday? I figured I was on the tail-end of this one.

We've had a few candy categories. I don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure we haven't had this specific category before. Honestly, I think most "candy bars" have some form of nuts. I came up with 5, but I felt like I was stretching.

D

DarthFerret

Got 6 responses so far. Will give it until Tuesday the 26th.