WWYT w/a twist II?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I may be busy with finals for next few days anyway. Once those are taken care of, I'll post the results of whatever I have, even if it's just Turgy's response (hint: it isn't).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You guys, Rokapoke chose all birds and he won! The dude is some kind of magician or something. He was the first one to respond. I saw that it was all birds and thought, "He must have done that on purpose. Cute, but it will put you behind on points when everyone else is all about the mammals." But I was totally wrong. Rokapoke isn't happy about how the last one of these games turned out. He wants revenge and he's gathered an army of his feathered friends to use against us. We're all doomed!

Dodo: 6
Moa: 3
Passenger pigeon: 3
Great auk: 2
Aurochs: 2
Quagga: 2
Thylacine: 1
Tarpan: 1
Atlas bear: 1
Carolina Parakeet: 1
Pyrenean ibex: 1
Bali tiger: 1
Caspian tiger: 1
Eastern cougar: 1
Woolly mammoth: 1
Ground sloth: 1
Sabre-toothed cat: 1
Black rhino: 1

Rokapoke: 15 (5)
Mooseman: 14 (3)
Ransac: 13 (2)
Turgy22: 13 (2)
DarthFerret: 13 (2)
EricBess: 10 (0)
Spiderman: 0 (0)
Oversoul: 0 (0)

Totals:
Rokapoke - 10
Oversoul - 7
DarthFerret - 7
EricBess - 5
Mooseman - 3
Ransac - 3
Turgy - 3
Spiderman - 0

R

rokapoke

You guys, Rokapoke chose all birds and he won! The dude is some kind of magician or something. He was the first one to respond. I saw that it was all birds and thought, "He must have done that on purpose. Cute, but it will put you behind on points when everyone else is all about the mammals.
Hey, there's a perfectly good reason that I chose all birds. All I could think of off the top of my head were the dodo and the passenger pigeon. When I googled "recently extinct animals" (never once thinking along the lines of the wooly mammoth), the only animals I came close to recognizing were birds. Therefore, my answer included five birds.

Well, I finally get to give a category. I'll give this one a shot.

Name 5 U.S. colleges or universities that are academically elite.

R

rokapoke

I have responses from most of our participants, but I'll give in another day or two for the slackers among us to submit their answers.

R

rokapoke

Right. Well, apparently I don't give very good categories. I got four co-winners... All of the answers were perfectly fine, upstanding schools -- though apparently only Mooseman recognizes the high academic standards at the US Naval Academy. And Spiderman and Mooseman found out that naming an Ivy League school (or one of the Seven Sisters) doesn't necessarily translate to points.

I never received answers from EricBess or Ransac, though, so maybe I saved myself from having six co-winners.

Name 5 U.S. colleges or universities that are academically elite.

Harvard (6): Turgy22, DarthFerret, Melkor, Oversoul, Spiderman, Mooseman
Yale (6): Turgy22, DarthFerret, Melkor, Oversoul, Spiderman, Mooseman
Princeton (5): Turgy22, DarthFerret, Melkor, Oversoul, Spiderman
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (5): Turgy22, DarthFerret, Melkor, Oversoul, Spiderman
Stanford (4): Turgy22, DarthFerret, Melkor, Oversoul
Cornell (1): Spiderman
Brown (1): Mooseman
Annapolis (1): Mooseman
Notre Dame (1): Mooseman

Turgy22: 26 (5)
DarthFerret: 26 (5)
Melkor: 26 (5)
Oversoul: 26 (5)
Spiderman: 23 (0)
Mooseman: 15 (0)
EricBess: 0 (0)
Ransac: 0 (0)
Rokapoke: 0 (0)

Totals:
Oversoul - 12
DarthFerret - 12
Rokapoke - 10
Turgy - 8
Melkor - 5
EricBess - 5
Mooseman - 3
Ransac - 3
Spiderman - 0

With Oversoul and Darthferret tying for the lead, I guess they can fight over who runs the next round. Hopefully the scoring will be less skewed than in my round...

E

EricBess

Been swamped with work lately. I haven't been on CPA all week...

D

DarthFerret

Almost chose Notre Dame, but thought of Stanford at the last minute....glad I did. I do not mind running the next round unless Oversoul wants to do it. But then, that is really up to whatever rules we had outlining this situation (if there were any).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If 2 or more people all tie for 5-points, then the person with the most overall points in the game would give the category. If it is still a tie, then the person who last gave the category would select which of them gives the new category (in theory whomever has had fewer opportunities to give the category, but I don't want to have to track that, so we leave it at their discretion).

R

rokapoke

Right then, DF can do it since he hasn't given a category yet.

D

DarthFerret

Other than English, name 5 languages spoken in the United States.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, I actually was grasping with MIT *and* Cornell. I could only really think of Yale, Harvard, and Princeton.

D

DarthFerret

Only have 5 responses so far. Will give it until Tuesday to catch the weekend/Monday crowd.

D

DarthFerret

Got a response from everyone but the Opera-Man, so here goes the scoring. First time doing this so if there is a mistake, don't lead me to the gallows!

Spanish (7)
French (7)
Chinese/Cantonese/Mandarin (5)
German (4)
Italian (3)
Arabic (2) [How in the heck did 2 people pick this one?]

And the 1 point answers: Japanese, Portugese, Ebonics, Navajo, Hebrew, Hindi, Vietnamese.

Oversoul (26) 5 points
Turgy22 (26) 5 points
Spiderman (25) 2 points
Melkor (22) 1 point
Rokapoke (21)
Mooseman (20)
EricBess (19)
DarthFerret (My topic, I get all the points)
Ransac (Singing the blues)

New Standings (provided I did this correctly)

Oversoul: 17
Turgy22: 13
DarthFerret: 12
Rokapoke: 10
Melkor: 6
EricBess: 5
Mooseman: 3
Ransac: 3
Spiderman: 2

Since Oversoul tied with Turgy for this round, and he is at the top, I give it over to him (and get a chance to catch back up)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've been busy with school lately. Sorry for not getting to this earlier. Also for not bothering to come up with a good category...

Name 5 video games.