WWYT: Round 7 Answers and Scores!

L

Limited

Yes! A duck! So if Darth Ferret weighs as much as a duck, he's a witch!

(thank you EricBess for playing along :))

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
We were quoting lines from the movie, too!

But, that's besides the point. PREPARE THE LARGE SCALES!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

It's a fair cop.

On-topic, I would like to step up a little for Homelands. Considering the newness of the game, it wasn't that horribly done. It was just conservativly costed to make sure nothing was "too good," as they already had several older sets that were considered to be "too good."

There was a LOT of fun to be had in Homelands.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
There is, and don't overlook cards like Eron, The Relentless, or Serrated Arrows or Spectral Bears. And don't forget Autumn Willow.

But, the set as a whole blew.........

Dwarven Pony rocks my socks......

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

You and your thing for monkeys and horses...

*shakes head, mumbling "to each their own..."

Y'know, just about everything would've been quite fun at one mana less. Somethings would've been overpowered, but most of 'em would've been quite fun...

Taking the lands' activation costs down would've also been nice. T: get [C]. (1)T: get or [D]. Not too shabby, and hardly broken. If its "too good," making 'em Legendary makes sense.

E

EricBess

Autumn Willow was as overcosted as the rest of them. Really, Serrated Arrows and Spectral Bears were the top 2 cards as far as I remember it. And lots of people thought that the ability of Spectral Bears made it unplayable for quite a while.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Merchant Scroll was also borderline useful. People used to like fetching Ancestral Recall with it, but that tactic seems to have died off in favor of more effective cards.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The untargetability was great when it was first introduced then. And the ability to turn it on and off... it was probably priced right for the times back then.

O

orgg

Willow wasn't as overcosted for the time period. Untargetability made people drool over a five-mana 6/1. We got 6/1's for CCC back then, and they died at EOT or before. The 6/1 Untargettable died when you wanted it to, just about.

E

EricBess

I think it was more that people didn't know whether or not it was overcosted at the time. The fact that you could target but your opponent couldn't is what made the difference, because it meant a way to avoid your enchantments being a 2-for-1 against you.

O

orgg

Y'know, I think that's a good point. Grey Ogre was playable to us back then...

I feel like making a non-overcosted list for Homelands, now. Should Joven's Ferretts be on it? How about Folk of Ann-Havva? Roterothopter?

D

DarthFerret

Yes Yes, Long live the Ferrets!

Ann-Havva Inn is already the right cost....no need to change that....(with doubling Season and Parallel Evolutions it is almost a broken card!)