Worst rare card ever

C

Chaos Turtle

I won a Japanese 4th edition Starter in a sealed tourney a couple of years ago. I got a Serra Angel (cool) a Stasis (cool) and...
a freakin' Island Fish Jasconius!
oh, well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

I

Istanbul

Pale Moon is pretty awful, but I'm going for a card that I just can't think of any feasible use for. Pale Moon can disable a Cradle partially if you cast it during their upkeep.

L

Llan

Infernal Denizen is really BAD.
I collect Infernal Denizen because the suck (grand logic)
so send me all your Denizens!

B

Baron Sengir

Worst Rare ever? Thought Lash.

It was a piece of crap enchantment that let you remove the top card of your library from the game to prevent 1 damage to you. It also had cumulative upkeep of "remove the top card of your library from the game" and if you didn't do this, you had to remove your whole frickin library from the game!

This dog was in Alliances which was one of the best expansions ever. It just goes to show that every diamond has its flaws.

I remain
The Baron
"In this case a reeeeallly big flaw ..."

C

Chaos Turtle

It would certainly make for more intersting games than Donatine Illusions...

I

Istanbul

Baron - Actually, I always saw this one possibility behind Thought Lash...but neither Legerdemain nor Gauntlets of Chaos would allow me to do it. GIVE IT TO YOUR OPPONENT! Think of it as a card that just calls out, 'Donate me! Donate me!'

A

Apollo

I once had a Browse/Soldevi Digger deck, and once I had the cards I needed in the graveyard I would use a Thoughtlash to remove my deck from the game. Then I would recycle a counterspell, strip mine, jester's cap, or whatever else I needed with the digger. I took it apart when my friends refused to play it anymore.

G

Gryphonclaw

Congratulations Apollo!
*cheering* *applause*

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, he has found a use for a "useless" card!

Good work, my hat's off to you.

C

Cheewok22

Help me figure this out: Apprentice Necromancer is rare - B,tap, sacrifice Apprentice Necromancer put creature in your graveyard into play, at end of turn destroy it.

and Undertaker common - B,tap, discard a card, return creature card in graveyard to your hand.

Yes Pale moon is awful as a rare, it should be a common. I got it in a pack and was pissed, what a waste of card...

T

theorgg

whatever it's uses, it should NOT be common.
Uncommon, probably, but not common.

If It costed UU or U and let you DRAW A CARD it wouldn't be that bad(for draft).
People use to draft off color cyclers in Ub draft.

but commons should be somewhat useful.
as a rule.

by the way, e-mail me your address, arhar, so I can send you a SASE so you can send me your mercenaries.

D

Duel

I'll have you know that a donate/thoughtlash deck was what tought my friend the order of the phases.

"Whaddya mean, upkeep comes before draw?"

C

Chaos Turtle

I will explain, Cheewok32.
First, you left off Apprentice Necromancer's text that gives the returned creature Haste.
That said, the Necromancer brings the creture into play, with haste, whereas the Undertaker only brings it back to your hand.

The Necromancer was apparently supposed to be a critter-version of Shallow Grave (which only returns the top card, btw), but sucks in practice (by comparison). Shallow Grave was rare, which is probably the only reason why the Necromancer is.

Undertaker is a Raise Dead spellshaper, which is common (I think, may be uncommon, which screws up the theory) thus, the Undertaker is common.

Did that help at all?
;)

A

arhar

Well, Raise Dead was a common, but -

Overtaker: Rare
Ray of Command: Common/Uncommon.

T

The Mox

Three words: Nemesis-Pale Moon.

I mean, I play it. Your Rishadan Port that used to produce colorless now produces......hey, still colorless. And that Dust Bowl? Still colorless. Rath's Edge and Kor Haven? Still colorless. Gaea's Cradle.......who cares. I delay the beating for one turn. Ooooh!

L

Lady Re

Hello Guys (and Girls)

My vote for worst rare is Shyshroud War Beast.

1G
*/*
trample
Skyshroud War Beast has power and toughness equal to the number of non-basic lands target opponent controls.

And when I first began and the Rath Cycle was part of type 2, there were few non basic lands played by anyone, and I never saw this card played by anyone. Some guy gave me like 2 for free--because they were so bad...

Oddly enough, today they might be worth playing... but not then....

A

Apollo

Normally I wouldn't consider this a classic thread, but it has been done a few times.

I'm just sending up everything that I think might be considered classic.

D

dw51688

GREATER GOO....

Kidding!

[me]winks at Zadok[/me]

I hate pale moon!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The worst card of all time was ................................................................................................................................................ Carnival of Souls.

How can you say otherwise?

Ransac, with a staple in his butt

D

Darsh

I agree, off to the Classic Forum with you!
BTW it's Mon's Goblins Raiders (Portal Edition).