Worst rare card ever

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
New worst card. Entropic Specter.

3BB
Summon Specter(or horror, I forget)
Flying.
When Entropic SPecter deals damage to an opponent, that player must discard a card from his/her hand.
Entropic's Power/Toughness is equal to the number of card in target opponent's hand.
*/*

True, he can be big. But, WHy give it an ability that negates himself?

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Mikeymike

In the case of Entropic Spectre they probably made it rare b/c in limited play it must have been very strong with megrim.

1 person in our group (who happens to be our best player) is convinced that this card is strong and has tried it in a few decks. Usually it never did much (and I killed it 2wice when I blew through my hand purposely) but once it was out on turn 3 thanks to sol Ring and then Prosperity the next turn turned it into an 11/11 flyer that quickly procceeded to beat me like Glass Joe from Punch Out

T

Tyriax

I can't believe anyone would say carnival of souls is the worst rare ever. I donate carnival of souls to you. Play bone shredder, nuke your creature. find an instant to pump black mana into. next turn, skip echo of shredder, find another instant to sink black mana into. Then exhume. Shredder comes back, one of your creatures comes back, shredder nukes your creature. Find yet another way to spend black mana. Or worse yet, donate carnival to an opponent, then drop a lifeline and either life chisel or claws of gix. Sac all my creatures to claws or life cheese-l. add lots of mana to your pool on my turn. mana burn you to death. Rinse and repeat...

Seriously, I think the worst rare ever(and there are a lot of crap rares)
wintermoon mesa.
witch engine comes a close second, and of course, everyone's favorite, the laces.

L

Lotus Mox

Witch Engine isn't that bad, it's at least a 4/4 Swampwalker with a useless ability and no drawback.
Unlike Pale Moon it is able to kill your opponent in 5 turns.

You'll never find a worse rare than Pale Moon :)

N

Namretaks

sup...

Many of those cards are totally playable... especially at the time they were printed. Grizzley bears?? Come on they are totally playable and even splashable. Just not competitive. My picks are any ante card that ever got a rare slot. I have never seen or even heard of them ever being used. Maybe some one some where has though. By the time I started playing Magic buying a pack of revised and getting an island as a rare would have resulted in a homicidal rampage 3. hehehe.... -namretaks

This was supposed to pop up under the worst rare card thread. Sorry.

N

NorrYtt

Carnival of Souls + 2 Apprentice Necromancers + 2 Soul Wardens = Infinite Life

Sorrow's Path has been errata'd so that Icy Manipulator does not set it off. Now it has no use whatsoever. You can't even Donate it for kicks.

The worst card in Magic people is Amulet of Quoz. Six mana, Rare, Ante card, and useless if your opponent simply ante's another card. Would you play Amulet of Quoz in 5-Color?

T

train

I think Amulet of Quoz is nice in ante play...

I think Jester's sombrero sucks now because of the wishes...

It literally doesn't do jack anymore, and certainly can't do anything for you main game...