Wizard: Round 9

J

Jigglypuff

What?! I can't play the same card twice?! That just screwed up my strategy. :(

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

3 of Hearts

Too bad there aren't any suit smileys. :D Of course Mana symbols would be cooler.

E

EricBess

What!!!! I took another trick??? :eek: I really didn't want that one :p

I think I'll let you guys fight it out for the rest of the tricks. Hmmm, how to get rid of the lead. I know... I'll pull a card at random from CT's hand and lead it.

A Jester!!! What do you know :D

R

rkoelsch

Let's see if we can recap the situation. There are 4 tricks left.
Big Blue needs 1(and he is in the lead)
rkoelsch needs 2(and he is tied for 3rd with CT)
Chaos Turtle needs 3(tied for 3rd with RK)
Jiggleypuff needs 2(he is a little behind them)

So first off, we need to stop Big Blue. He cannot make it because that would put him even farther out front. So the logical solution is for Jiggleypuff to sacrifice his score to stop Big Blue. I mean does Steve even have a chance, really? I would have asked Eric to do it but he selfishly felt the need to take 4 tricks. Yeah like he is ever going to catch up! :D

PS in case anyone is tired and reading this the previous statements were a bad attempt at sarcasm. (Although I do think we should stop Big Blue.)

E

EricBess

Well, if anyone want's my opinion (and who wouldn't :D), there are 4 of you and 4 remaining tricks. I think the only polite thing to do would be to split them up nice and even.

Of course, BB already has one that he greedily took earlier, so he shouldn't get another one. We should give that other one to CT. He deserves it for having so many Jesters and for being an all around nice guy :p

B

BigBlue

8 of Diamonds

And I'll lead the 2 of Spades

Sorry for the delay. Work intercedes, and many attempts at figuring out what cards I have...

E

EricBess

6 of Spades

Looks like we need to figure a way to force another trick down BB's throat :D

B

BigBlue

Ahh... But to do that would mean the people closest to me would also be losing points, which would be a push...

Unless you are gaining 60 points from the basement and want to see a big jump... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess took the first trick.
BigBlue took the second.
EricBess took the third, fourth, and fifth trick.
BigBlue took the sixth.

R

rkoelsch

I thought CT should have put a bigger diamond on it but I think he is just trying to get his tricks and not concerned with BB.

E

EricBess

With the big overbid, it might have been worth putting a bigger diamond for that very reason :D

R

rkoelsch

4 of Clubs

Well for the sake of speed you could just let me take the next 2 tricks and move on to the next round.

E

EricBess

Actually, no. I'm only mad at you for that because you were supposed to get set with the rest of them :D.

Playing out of turn only bothers me if it could have an impact on how someone else plays. The fact that you cannot lose a trick means that it makes absolutely no difference how anyone plays. I'm a big fan of tossing down the cards to save time if the rest is guarenteed.

Since all three of the other Wizards were already played, it seems to me that your assessment is correct.

I'll toss in my last to spades, the 9 and the Jack.

Although, I must say, strategically, you should play the Wizard and then lead back the Ace :p (j/k)