Administrator
Staff member
Order of players:

rkoelsch
BigBlue
EricBess
Jigglypuff
Chaos Turtle

Trump is DIAMONDS; card burned was the 4.

Scores:

EricBess: 20
Jigglypuff: 90
Chaos Turtle: 120
rkoelsch: 120
BigBlue: 180

B

BigBlue

Bombs Away..... Overbid by 4... there's gonna be a lot of crying when this ones over.

10 of Clubs

E

EricBess

King of Diamonds

The problem is, the Wizards and Jesters swing the game a lot because of the need to not follow suit. Add to that the fact that you have no idea how many of each are in play in a given hand and it's nearly impossible to predict how good an individual hand is.

B

BigBlue

Or when someone will be shortsuited a club in 9 cards...

:)

Say, if the calandar is correct, happy BD EB.

E

EricBess

Clubs? Was clubs led? Dang it. :p

Oh, and yes, the calander is correct. Thanks.

J

Jigglypuff

Well, I'll play a card now.

5 of Clubs.

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

That's one BD present. With 4 other people playing, I expect 3 more presents before this round is over :D TY CT

I'll lead Ace of Hearts

J

Jigglypuff

Happy Birthday EB!!! For your present, I'm going to play this card.

6 of Hearts.

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

Interesting strategy, BB. Take an Ace away from the person who has not only the lowest score, but who plays directly after you and therefore has the most control over taking tricks away from you.

In a hand with 4 overtricks, no less. I would think it would be to your advantage to let me make my bid for three reasons.

1) I'm leading into you, which means that you, of all people, have the best chance of also making your bid (no Wizards stealing your tricks if I lead).

2) With 4 overtricks, there's a lot of power out there and by setting me, you help someone else make their bid, which means more contention for that top spot.

3) Since I play right after you, do you really want me to have a vendetta? :D:D:D:eek:

Guess we'll just have to see how this plays out :D

Jack of Hearts

B

BigBlue

Actually, I expect you'll take a fair number of tricks anyways, having bid 4. And I like that because it allows me to go last and possibly give me more control as you say.

Since last round you already skunked me with a Wizard by going right after me, I'm not concerned that you were going to give me anything anyways. :D :D :D :eek:

Vendetta? over an Internet Card Game with nothing at stake? Nah. You're a better person than that. At least I think so.

E

EricBess

My point is, if I can't make my bid, I'm just as likely to set myself by 2 instead of 1 in order to take you down with me. Any vendetta would never extend beyond this game and probably not beyond this hand (though unlike you, I prefer to try to take down the guy with the HIGHEST score, not the LOWEST).

I guess I really don't understand why you would play a Wizard (virtually guarenteed trick) to keep me from getting a trick when there are 4 overtricks and 3 other people a LOT closer to your score that you could steal a trick from instead.

That's all :p

R

rkoelsch

Oh, this is getting very interesting. I have a .... oh shoot, I have to wait or EB will give me a match loss. :D

J

Jigglypuff

Well, I'll skip the theoretical analysis and just play my card.

9 of Hearts

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

I truly understand your point. Perhaps when the hand is over we'll see whether it was a blunder or not.

Having missed my last bid, I am playing it safe.

Ah heck, I made a mistake. wasn't thinking. regardless of how the hand plays out you're right, I shoulda let you keep it, I just figured you'd get the lead back soon enough and it wouldn't matter.