Wizard Round 8

R

rkoelsch

This is were the blind bid really hurt. In hindsight I can see I should have bid zero but I had 2 solitare tens and if people were ducking I could see me taking a trick with one. I also have my last card that might still take a trick but I don't think so.

C

Chaos Turtle

I was confused when I made that comment. My original intention was to lead the 5 of pades; for some reason I went with the Jack. Clearly an error, and to be honest I'm not sure what I was thinking when I did it.

I've spent this entire hand trying not to win tricks, since I've known that I am likely to win the late ones. I bid low because I expected to see more Wizards.

And if I win this trick I am certain to win the next as well... how sad for me. :(

I'll blame it on delerium. :D

R

rkoelsch

I think this whole round should be cancel because CT was not feeling well!!! So what do you say Spidey. How about a redo?

E

EricBess

No trump when you don't know what cards are in play is really odd. With Oh Heck, the only no trump round has all cards dealt, so you can account for it.

Here, even a powerful hand is likely to get you killed if you bid on it because the Wizards still act like trump and can really mess things up.

Oh well, at least we (nearly) all go down together.

J

Jigglypuff

Hi, guys. I'm back in the saddle.

I was on a band trip to Omaha. I left early Friday morning and got back early Sunday morning (about an hour ago).

As for the game, this might be a huge mistake:

9 of Diamonds

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I am back, sorry you guys had to wait the entire weekend.

Last hand:

rkoelsch plays the Queen of Clubs.
BigBlue plays the Eight of Diamonds.
EricBess plays the 3 of Hearts
Jigglypuff plays the Queen of Hearts.

Chaos Turtle takes the LAST TRICK!

Results of the Round 8:

Bids:

EricBess: 2
Jigglypuff: 2
Chaos Turtle: 3
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 1

Summary of the round:

Chaos Turtle took the first trick.
Jigglypuff took the second.
EricBess took the third.
Jigglypuff takes the fourth.
Chaos Turtle takes the last four tricks!

Total tricks taken in the round:

EricBess: 1
Jigglypuff: 2
Chaos Turtle: 5
rkoelsch: 0
BigBlue: 0

Only Jigglypuff made his bid.

Scores:

EricBess: 20
Jigglypuff: 90
Chaos Turtle: 120
rkoelsch: 120
BigBlue: 180

Looking at this cut-n-paste, it appears rkoelsch should have had 130 for Round 7, not 120, if anyone's keeping a separate tally.

Round 9 coming up...

R

rkoelsch

Spidey not that it will affect the round but I thought my last card was Queen of Clubs.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was too but when I laid out the cards to type them in I must have transposed yours and BigBlue. I'll correct it.

J

Jigglypuff

W00t! I rule! Please, please, no autographs, please.

*walks off-stage while blowing kisses to all of his screaming fans.

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

Say...

I'm planning on running a round of this when this ones over, what do you think of either bidding in order, or making it a silent bid (where you don't know what others bid).

Just curious.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was actually thinking the same thing, but if you do yours and it's in order, then people will know both sides and which one they like better. So I'll know what to do when it's my turn again :)