Wizard Round 8

C

Chaos Turtle

Maybe, but Mr. Jigglesworth could still drop a Wizard...

C

Chaos Turtle

Oh, my bad.

Hmm....

Let's see...

How about...

Ace of Spades

B

BigBlue

Trey of Diamonds.

I'm slowly watching 10 points drained off my lead. . .

Sorry I already played that. . . Lost that darn note I wrote to myeself. . .

Let's go with a card I do have. . .

7 of Diamonds

E

EricBess

Odd, must have been some odd timing going on last time I checked in because I didn't see that there was a post from BB. Of course, I probably just didn't notice it because it was on the next page. Oh well...

Queen of Spades

R

rkoelsch

another one for CT. well it sounds like BB is in the same boat as I am.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos Turtle took the first trick.
Jigglypuff took the second.
EricBess took the third.
Jigglypuff takes the fourth.
Chaos Turtle takes the fifth.
Chaos Turtle takes the sixth.

And Chaos Turtle starts the seventh hand.

E

EricBess

Actually, rkoelsch, I suspect your problems are different than you think they are. Quite different than those of BB. We'll see as soon as CT leads.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think this is going horribly horribly wrong...

King of Spades

R

rkoelsch

CT, I think the objective now would be to not take a trick.
I don't think it will matter which one I play.
10 of Hearts

Ya know, no trump sucks:(

E

EricBess

You know what I hope....I hope that JP has a Wizard. Obviously, he doesn't want any more tricks, either, so there is no reason to "save" CT. But that would be great, everying missing their bid by 1 trick, don't you think :D

BTW, CT, if you had only led Diamonds before leading Spades, this whole thing could have been avoided :p

C

Chaos Turtle

Trouble is, I never expected to win the very first trick...

And at least one of us going to miss his bid by 2. :(

E

EricBess

Miss by 2? You're the only one that could at this point. Everyone else needs 1 more trick to make their bid and we're down to the last trick.

Which is why I hope JP ends up taking the last trick. He's the only one that is right on right now. :D

Personally, I wish I could take another trick, but everything lower than my last card has already been played :(

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
Trouble is, I never expected to win the very first trick...
Just out of curiosity, why not? You lead the Jack of Spades and you had the King and the Ace in your hand. Only the Queen (or a Wizard) could beat it, and there is a good chance the Queen wasn't even dealt.

BTW, I would have taken it if Diamonds had been led already.

B

BigBlue

EB, I was really sad to see that Wizard. . .

I knew there were basically 5 cards which could beat me and only you left. . .

I really wanted to bid 0, but I couldn't bring myself to do that.

Too bad we likely won't get this next round even dealt before next week. . . JP was on last night, and didn't pay the thread a visit. I shoulda prompted him. . .

E

EricBess

Like I said, this whole hand would have been different if Diamonds had been led first. With 2 rounds of Spades, there were only 4 other spades left beside my Queen, but two of them (which CT had both) were higher. I was originally worried about taking an extra trick with my Queen of Diamonds, which is why I didn't take the spade tricks, but suddenly, I needed to take the Queen of Diamonds instead.

When you played the King, I had to play my Wizard to not lose the Queen, but unfortunately for me, JP had the Ace of Diamonds anyway.

Come to think of it, JP doesn't have a Wizard. If he did, he would have played it or the Jester instead of taking the Queen away from me.

Good luck ditching a trick now, CT :p

Spidey won't be on until Monday anyway, so we won't be able to start the next round until then.