Wizard: Round 7

R

rkoelsch

I am going to play out of turn because it really shouldn't matter

Jester

R

rkoelsch

So now CT, JP and myself have to fight for the last 2 tricks while EB and BB sit smugly behind their already acquired tricks. It's a conspiracy I tell you. I hate this Game!!! I quit!!!

;) j/k

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hang in there rkoelsch... :)

EricBess took the first trick.
BigBlue took the second.
Jigglypuff took the third.
BigBlue took the fourth.
EricBess took the fifth.

J

Jigglypuff

Like I have a chance at getting either of the last two tricks. Let's play this loser card:

3 of Hearts

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

Here, I'll play another loser out of turn so we can wrap this round up.

10 of Diamonds.

E

EricBess

Guys,

I realize that playing out of turn seems harmless enough, but it really can say quite a bit about your hand and can effect the way people before you play.

For example, BB, I'm guessing your last card is a low diamond (perhaps the 4 or the 5) or a Jester. I may be wrong, but it really doesn't matter. The 10 of D may have taken the last trick had you kept it, so the fact that you play it out of turn gives information away.

Something simple, for example - the fact that you have the 10 of Diamonds means someone else doesn't. This could be important.

I don't mean to be picky and you are probably correct that it doesn't matter in this case, but not seeing what everyone else has it their hands, I can't say for sure that it doesn't have an impact.

I guess my point is, in most cases, you are correct that it doesn't matter. But, that one time it does matter will impact the integrity of the whole game.

Perhaps it would be better to PM Spidey with your next play so that there are two people who know what you are going to play if you want to keep the game moving (although, I only recommend that on the second to last card as even that can give information away).

Anyway, I'm not getting uptight about it or anything. It's not so much that it bothers me as that I just want to make sure that you realize that something innocent can be more important than you might think. That's all. I'll shut up now :D

R

rkoelsch

As I sit here biting my nails, waiting for CT to tell me if I have a chance to make my bid or not, I would like to address EB's concerns. :p j/k I can see where this information can make a difference in play decisions. I will try not to play out of turn again but I am just so digusted with this round that I couldn't help myself.

B

BigBlue

point taken.

I just want to get the round over so we can move on. and as the game progresses it is more important. I'm pretty sure we'll see a Wizard in the last round, which is why I played early. But I could be wrong.

Sandbagging in this game is dangerous.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for addressing that issue EricBess. I didn't know if I should say anything since it really only helps those who are keeping track of the game and everyone's a "big boy" in that I didn't want to "nag" or make a fuss about it. I am on about every hour so if you aren't on that frequently, you could PM me your next play (rkoelsch, EricBess, and BigBlue don't really have that problem and Chaos Turtle already said he gets on at night and rarely during the day EST).

Anyhoo, just this round then I can autoplay the last round and then we can start Round 8 :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Last hand:

rkoelsch plays the 3 of Spades.
BigBlue plays the 7 of Diamonds.
EricBess plays the 4 of Spades.
Jigglypuff plays the Jack of Hearts.
Chaos Turtle plays the Queen of Diamonds.

EricBess takes the LAST TRICK!

Results of the Round 7:

Bids:

EricBess: 2
Jigglypuff: 2
Chaos Turtle: 1
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 2

Summary of the round:

EricBess took the first trick.
BigBlue took the second.
Jigglypuff took the third.
BigBlue took the fourth.
EricBess took the fifth.
rkoelsch took the sixth.
EricBess took the seventh.

Total tricks taken in the round:

EricBess: 3
Jigglypuff: 1
Chaos Turtle: 0
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 2

Only BigBlue and rkoelsch made their bids.

Scores:

EricBess: 30
Jigglypuff: 50
Chaos Turtle: 140
rkoelsch: 120
BigBlue: 190

R

rkoelsch

Sorry EB, I guess counting the 4 of spades as a trick is a little bit of a stretch.

E

EricBess

Um...CT, which card were you expecting to take a trick with?

And who the heck gets stuck taking a trick with the 4 of Spades? I swear, I've been robbed so many times this game... An extra trick on the 4 of Spades with an overbid!!!!!

I'm seriously beginning to think this is rigged guys.

R

rkoelsch

Well I did throw some extra cards into a recent trade I had with Spidey. :D j/k

actually it is BB fault. If he hadn't taken my King of Clubs with a Wizard this would have been a very different game.

Of course CT would have liked if I had played my 3 spades before and kept the Jester as I was tempted. then He would have taken a trick and the only one screwed would have been JP

B

BigBlue

Actually, it's all because I played out of turn. . . :D

j/k

EB, plain and simple . . . You Got Jacked. . .

Not one club in the hole?

E

EricBess

With an overbid, I would have expect a trump to still be out there. Go figure, I can't take a trick with the Ace of trump, but I get forced one with the second-lowest spade. I don't mind getting a bit of bad luck every once in a while, but come on...