BigBlue

Play it safe? Or go For it...

Wizard

What the heck, we only live once.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by rkoelsch
Everyone be careful this means the 6 of diamonds is king
Is that how it works? When the higher cards get played, the lower cards become high?

I guess I better play my 7 of Spades, then. :D (hope you weren't planning on leading to that, BB)

Let's see. 3 more tricks with 3 wizards left. Still an extra trick to be taken by someone. I'm thinking you would have been better off waiting to take that trick, BB. Of course, there are still 3 Jesters, too, that are about to be played, aren't there? :D

R

rkoelsch

Eric, I am just trying to help those who don't card count. :rolleyes: Hated to see that Wizard but like Big Blue in the league

E

EricBess

For those that don't keep track, the following cards are still left to be played:

Spades: 5, 6
Hearts: K
Diamonds: 4, 6
Clubs: 4, 8, 9, J
Jester x 3
Wizard x 3

There are 3 tricks left, but only 2 outstanding for the bids.

Unless CT has 2 Wizards, I'm predicting that only 1 person will miss their bid this time.

I suspect that BB has a Jester. If not, it will most likely be him missing his bid unless he manages to lead a suit where someone has only a higher card and no Jester. Not likely. So, I predict a Jester lead from BB.

I figure JP for 2 Wizards and JP for 1. CT will want to play his Wizard on one of JP's, which I don't see as being a problem for him.

Basically, what it comes down to is that the Jesters are golden right now. If you have a Jester, you will probably make your bid. If you don't, you will have to choose your cards very carefully :D

ps to rkoelsch - I know...I was just j/k because I was glad to finally be rid of that 7. :eek:

B

BigBlue

Eric, You are a card counting god...

CT is your biggest hero, I'm sure, except that I'm going to gamble that I only take 1 of the remaining tricks at most.

Which would give me a slim margin over CT, unless he happens to have one of those winning Wizards....

Here's a Bold (and high)

Jack of Clubs

(Which is what I really thought long and hard about dropping if not for trying to make my 2...)

Perhaps JP has 3 wizards... :D

J

Jigglypuff

Actually, EB is the card counting emperor. Since I led the last trick with the Queen of Hearts, how could it still be left to play? Answer me that! :p

(- Steve -)

E

EricBess

No pedistals for me. I just call them like I see them. In fact, I was kind of thinking that the odds were that CT would be the one without the Jester.

It is concevable that JP has all three Wizards. But if that's the case, I don't think CT would have bid 4 based on the cards we've seen him play.

Truth be told, I think rkoelsch and myself are the only ones making our bid this hand. Based on the cards played, I think JP has 1 Wizard and CT has 2. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Meanwhile, you lead the high club. I'll play the 8 of Clubs.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Jigglypuff
Actually, EB is the card counting emperor. Since I led the last trick with the Queen of Hearts, how could it still be left to play? Answer me that! :p

(- Steve -)
Someone should put the Q and K keys further apart on the keyboard :eek::p:D

J

Jigglypuff

I'll play the Qing of Hearts. Dang, it happened again! :D :p

(- Steve -)

C

Chaos Turtle

9 of Clubs

You are underestimating my powers. I have learned much since this game began.

I will take no more tricks.

E

EricBess

Well, CT. If you went 4 with what you have and just a single Wizard (or no Wizards), then you must have been very glad that people were trying to avoid the first few tricks... The only card you've played higher than a Jack is the King of Clubs. The highest card left besides Wizards is a 6.

Of course, you had a very bad hand with so many 9's, 10's and Jacks.

rkoelsch, it depends on what your subgame was. If you were trying to ditch 1 Wizard to see if you could, I think that you are still okay. If you were trying to ditch 2 Wizards, then you lost as soon as BB played his.

JP, I'm assuming you're making fun of me :p and that you really are playing the King of Hearts. :D

B

BigBlue

Live by the Sword.... Die by the sword.

But, if CT has no more wizards, then I don't believe I'll take another trick.

5 of Spades

It's been real, it's been fun, I'd even say it's been Real fun.

And 3 Wizards left, someone has to have 2... Unless RK was REALLY playing around this round and bid 0 with a Wizard and a better hand than I.

E

EricBess

4 of Clubs

Now, here's an interesting thought...

Mind you, this is just a guess, but I think that CT's final cards are a Wizard and the 6 of Spades.

I think JP has a Wizard and the 6 of Diamonds.

I think rkoelsch has a Jester and the 4 of Diamonds.

I think I have...Well, okay, I have a Jester after the 4. Not really any harm in saying it, because I think it was obvious anyway. Everything else is speculation, so you can go by it or not as you feel inclined.

Hmmm...The only problem with all this, is that it leaves BB with a Jester. He would have/should have played it instead of the Jack of Clubs.

What that means is realistically, CT has the Jester and BB has the 6 of Spades also. Well, it was fun while it lasted. I suspect that unless someone wants to throw their bid, BB is the only one missing his.

Of course, JP could very well have 2 Wizards, in which case, none of that matters. I'm just speculating based on comments made as much as anything else :D:rolleyes:

B

BigBlue

Well, since I don't believe it matters. I am holding the 6 of Spades.

I believe that CT may have a Wizard and a throw card and that JP has 2 Wizards, based mostly on his earlier statement of disgust at the club lead and him indicating he might be running the table. I have no qualms with taking one extra trick. It would leave me with a 10 point victory, slim, but a victory nonetheless. I can lose at most 20 at this point (if end up taking this trick, because 3 people hold the remaining 3 wizards) and I'll end up in a tie with CT 290 - 20 = 270 and 210 + 60 = 270. So, Worst case for me I win the game, the only contention is whether I share that win with CT or not.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I can put your minds at rest (although this was very entertaining to read :) )

Everyone's last two cards:

EricBess: 4 of Clubs, Jester
Jigglypuff: 2 Wizards!!
Chaos Turtle: 4 and 6 of Diamonds
rkoelsch: Wizard and Jester
BigBlue: 5 and 6 of Spades

Jigglypuff wins the last two tricks (and rkoelsch wins his subgame (but no extra points for that :p ))

Results of the Round 12:

Bids:

EricBess: 1
Jigglypuff: 4
Chaos Turtle: 4
rkoelsch: 0
BigBlue: 2

Summary of the round:

EricBess took the first trick.
Chaos Turtle took the second and third.
Jigglypuff took the fourth.
Chaos Turtle took the fifth.
BigBlue took the sixth.
Chaos Turtle took the seventh.
Jigglypuff took the eighth.
BigBlue took the ninth and tenth.
Jigglypuff took the last two.

Total tricks taken in the round:

EricBess: 1
Jigglypuff: 4
Chaos Turtle: 4
rkoelsch: 0
BigBlue: 3

Only BigBlue failed his bid!

Scores:

EricBess: 120
Jigglypuff: 220
Chaos Turtle: 270
rkoelsch: 190
BigBlue: 280

It was nip and tuck and BigBlue stumbled, but did not falter! Congrats!

And thanks to everyone who played and stuck this out (I think this was a good four month game at least :eek: )

R

rkoelsch

Probably would have been a much different round if I had bid 3 as I first thought. But this made it more interesting for me. And we all know it is all about ME!!!:D

E

EricBess

It certainly wasn't about me. I was doomed to have misleading hands from the very first :(

Oh well. It was fun anyway :D Congrats to everyone that finished ahead of me. :p

C

Chaos Turtle

I'd bet I could have taken another trick if I'd bid it. Hmm... but then BB would'a made his bid and won anyhow.

Blast!

Well in that case, congrats to BigBlue for a well-played game, and to everyone else for keeping it fun. :)