Why does everything oink?

R

Rooser

It seems Oversoul and I are committed to making Site Feedback the most rockingest forum on the CPA, so to continue this exciting new trend I am positing this question:

Why do all the bad words go oink?

It was cute and endearing at first, but why does everything have to oink?

Can't some bad words go bonk or shinkies?

Or we could keep with a barnyard theme and make some words go moo and some go quack. I just think it would liven up our off-color language a bit more.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
A barnyard thing would definitely be the moo!

Since it seems that just about every obscene word has a synonym which is perfectly acceptable, what if those were used? That's not as exciting though...

What about antonyms? That might be too confusing...

Desserts would be my personal inclination right now. I can picture some irate teenager attempting to express himself with a certain synonym for "coitus" and scratching his head when it has been replaced with "zabaglione."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, all of the admins DO have a barnyard noise to replace words with. It's just that I'm the more active one and am on the most, so I get to see and replace them first. I don't remember which sound goes with which admin though since they haven't done it in a while.

Synonyms are acceptable - to me it shows you're using that gray matter in your head :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So you mean some other person actually does get to put "moo" but you're stuck with "oink." That's too bad. Then again, I suppose it could be worse. You could have "baa."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why "moo"?

I didn't come up with this idea so "moo" might have already been taken, I can't remember.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Moo because bovines rule...

Even WotC has recognized that cows are officially the best barnyard animals. Check out Hungry Hungry Heifer, for example...

Other games seem to have come to the same conclusion. I believe Diablo II presented some strong evidence to that effect.

Which is not to say "oink" is bad. I would place it above, say "baa" and probably "cockle-doodle-doo."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ovinomancer doesn't say "baa" on the actual card though. The sheep might actually be saying "bleat" for all we know. Hungry Hungry Heifer ACTUALLY says "Mooo."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not sure about that, but I do know what sound Jimbot makes...

Whatever will become of Jimbot?

Killer Joe

Oinkin' are yinz talkin' about an at?

In Pittsburgh being called a "Jag-Off" is WAY worse than being called a "Motheroinker" However, I'm not SURE what jag-off means? But I have heard Dennis Miller use alot on his stupid new show.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm not sure what it could be, but I have some ideas. If could be a stupid corruption of "jog off." As in...

"I saw him jog off into the distance."

...or it could be "jack off" as in...

"We went to the airport to see Jack off."

...or it could be "jack of" as in...

"The jack of all trades is master to none."

It could also be something else. But that's all I can think of right now...