Who wants a good 7th edition?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I actually wanted to reprint bargain (Dont flame please). Cuz the problem with the bargain deck was the mana acceleration and rector. I wanted to take them out and put in Bargain. SO besides the mana producing ones and masticore and phyrexian processer (Too powerful), the resat are going in. Thanks multani, do you have any online talking service so we can talk about this? AIM? ICQ?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im on the artifact stage of 7th. What do you guys want? I got these so far...
Beast of Burden
Iron Maiden
Howling Mine
The Hive
glasses of Urza
Nev Disk
orinthopter
Yotian Soldier
Booby TrAP
diamonds
Lotus Petal
Dragon Blood
Thran Lens
Thran Golem

A

arhar

Here are the cards I want reprinted:

Island of Wak Wak
Planar Gate
Eureka
Diamond Valley
Khabal Ghoul
Library of Alexandria
Gauntlet of Might
Blaze of Glory
Channel, Fireball, Black Lotus (j/k)
Kird Ape
Erg Raiders
Abyss
Drop of Honey
and most importantly
CYCLOPEAN MUMMY
!!!

This way, the masses' demand of ULTRA POWERFUL rares would be satisfied... and the collector's won't scream, because although these cards are old and expensive, they're not P9.

What do ya think?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Waht is abyss? The others I have no problem with except maybe the library, but I think i will keep it in. Actually, lets have a vote, library or no?
Thjanks for your input ahar!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The Abyss
Legends
3B
Enchant World
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices target nonartifact creature he or she controls
It's an extremely powerful card in the right deck, and would probably unbalance the environment horribly. If you're going to go that far, you might as well include the best counterspell ever, Mana Drain. And I think you'd hear plenty of howling from the collectors about those two, not to mention if you included the Library too. Even Island of Wak-Wak is worth some serious money, if I remember right. I haven't even seen one for a couple of years though, so I'm not sure about that one.

I'd love to see it, of course, since I wouldn't mind owning a few of them myself, but I rather doubt that's the direction WotC wants to go in right now. Of course, since we're fantasizing about what WE'D put in 7th, I think they'd go great! :D

F

FoundationOfRancor

I just saw this on newwave, I will be back soon to tell you waht I think of it..

Thai posted 05-12-2000 07:16 PM ET (US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think with magic on such a huge decline because of the recent expansions and main sets which kind of suck, 7th edition will either bring back Magic or kill it. What would you like to see 7th edition bring back. Name a couple great cards for each color. Here are my choices.
Black
1) Hymn to Tourach
2) Sengir Vampire

White
1) Balance
2) Swords to Plowshares

Blue
1) Doppleganger
2) Force of Will

Red
1) Fork
2) Balduvian Horde

Green
1) Erhnam Djinn
2) Killer Bees

Lands
1) Outpost
2) Lake of the Dead

nevinyrral posted 05-13-2000 10:26 AM ET (US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wizards r&d will never reprint those cards. You might as well expect mana drain or serendib efreet or hypnotic specter. There is a format you might enjoy, however... it's called type 1.
Cortex Bomb posted 05-13-2000 10:43 AM ET (US)
I think R&D *will* reprint these sometime in the distant future when the game becomes completely stagnant and there really aren't any new ideas...or money to be made. People have been talking for years about how Magic is running out of steam. I think a point will come when Wizards finally realizes the best way to make a huge pile of money is to reprint *everything* in one absolutely massive expansion, changing rarities of some of the older cards from sets like the Arabians to reflect their actual power. This would make Type I and I.5 everything they aren't today, popular, inexpensive and fun for the players...much like it was back when I started playing during Revised.
rev posted 05-13-2000 04:33 PM ET (US)
r&d will never reprint those cards. They cannot legaly do that. Maybe under different names they can but...
And another thing: Killer Bees????? That card is completely rubbish!!!! It sucks!
jlai posted 05-13-2000 05:29 PM ET (US)
a) Balduvian Hordes was reprinted in 6th Edition, so why are you complaining it needs to be reprinted?
b) I don't want them to reprint Hymn, Fork, or Balance. Those cards are simply overpowered. Go play them in Type 1 but leave extended and type II alone. We have enough problems with broken and overpowered cards without bringing back past nightmares.

Magic's decline has nothing to do with not having these cards.

c) Ernam now already has multiple "replacements" which are more interesting to play because they're more balanced. I think Erman and Outpost just barely is not on the same level of abusiveness as the cards in b), but they are both also cards which are too powerful in disproportion to their cost/drawbacks.

d) The rest of the cards, I could care less if they are reprinted. Sengir could be fun cause he's not unbalanced, but we now have Fallen Angel which is practically just as good. Force of Will I agree would be cool to reprint, as would Lake of the Dead.

Johnny

FPJ posted 05-17-2000 12:06 AM ET (US)
Since 6th edition was based on the mirage cycle, 7th edition will probably be based on rath cycle. Here's what I like to see reprinted, note the lack of buyback, shadow, etc, since they never reprint cards with specific cycle abilities, like flanking, phasing.
Blue: Dismiss, Intuition, Tradewind Rider
Black: Diabolic Edict, Coffin Queen
Green: Winter's Grasp, Eladamri's Vineyard
White: Warrior en-Kor, Catacylsm
Red: Kindle, Shard Phoenix
Artifact: Mox Diamond
mikeymike posted 05-17-2000 01:26 PM ET (US)
I'm adding to FPJ's list some:
White: Paladin en-Vec, Repentance, Sacred Ground
Green: Choke, Eladamri, Survival, Overrun
Red: Mogg Fanatic, Ball Lightning, Price of Progress, Disentegrate
Black: Living Death (Unless Survival comes back), Carnophage, Vampire Hounds, Oath of Ghouls, Wall of Souls
Blue: Time Warp, Impulse, Dream Halls (it will never happen, it would be fun to use w/ the winds though), Merfolk Looter, Voldalian Knights
Aritfacts: Scroll Rack, Null Brooch, Helm of Possession, Basalt Monolith
Lands: Reflecting Pool, Stalking Stones, City of Traitors, Volrath's Stronghold

Cards I hope not to see in 7th Edition: NECRO, Cursed Scroll, Awakening, Wasteland

dbuel posted 05-17-2000 10:08 PM ET (US)
The five cards I'd most like to see in 7th Edition are:
White: Academy Rector

Blue: Donate

Black: Necropotence

Red: Sneak Attack

Green: Thorn Elemental

OK, six cards.

Artifact: Smokestack

avatar of woe posted 05-18-2000 01:30 PM ET (US)
I think the focus on Rath cycle should be correct. With that in mind, some cards that I'd love to see back are:
Kezzerdrix (why does nobody else like him?)
Diabolic Edict

Oh, by the way, does anyone know if WOTC will add a card to the new set (7th edition) if they already cycled it out in 4th, 5th, or 6th edition? Just wondering...

on an aside- what ever happened to the good old days go sengir, serra, and mahamoti beatings?

Sanidu posted 05-18-2000 05:01 PM ET (US)
Anyone noticed some Tempest cards are in 6th?
Just a little remark..

(And if you think, I haven't posted here before, you're right, but see mtgnews, huh?)

mikeymike posted 05-19-2000 12:53 PM ET (US)
They tried to put what they thought were some staple cards from T-block into 6th, like Shock and Gravedigger. Good cards for rookies to pick up and use.
The focus of 7th will be both the Tempest and Saga blocks, don't forget these basic sets come out every two years so they need filler. Hopefully the layout will be something like 60% Tempest, 20% Saga, and 20% classics. You know the painlands, cities, and 4th,5th, and 6th ed. chaff will be in there. Wizards swears that they are doing everyone a favor by putting cards in there that they know are complete crap. How many times did they reprint Bird Maiden? They should sell some type of manual explaining their logic sometimes.

Chris Dual Lansdell posted 05-19-2000 01:31 PM ET (US)
If they ever reprint Doppleganger of Fork, every Rules Guru and Judge in the world will have collective apoplexy. Too damned complicated. Coffin Quuen, Rector, Paladin en Vec, and anything else with trample, RfG or protection will not be printed in basic sets, as these abilities were deemed too "complex" for Joe Q Scrub. How Exile got past them is anyone's guess.
Stuff we're likely to see:
White: Auratog, Smite, Exalted Dragon
Red: Firestorm (I'm dreaming), Jackal Pup, Arc Lightning.
Green: Godzilla (more dreams), Symbiosis, Exploration
Black: Living Death, Edict, Kezzedrix (homicidal bunnies rule)
Blue: Tradewind, Interdict, Archivist
Artifact: Scroll Rack, Powder Keg.
Outside Bets: The Oaths, Tempest painlands.

Mage of Ultima posted 05-19-2000 06:11 PM ET (US)
Guess what, I already made part of what I would like in 7th edition. I have 11 cards for each rarity in each color (because that's how much I could fit on a sheet of paper), plus artifacts and lands. I have buyback and echo as the mechanics, plus phasing in only one card (Rainbow Efreet, because it's a lot more balanced than morphling or palinchron, but still good.) With that done, the cards...
Artifacts/Lands
COMMON
5 basic lands
Tormod's Crypt
Serrated Arrows
UNCOMMON
5 Legacy Manlands
Mishra's Factory
Telim-Tor's Darts
The Rack
RARE
5 Allied Dual Lands
5 Tempest Painlands
Nevinnyrall's Disk (How do you spell that?)
Grindstone
Reflecting Pool
City of Brass
Karn, Silver Golem (Artifact King)

GREEN
COMMON
Giant Growth
Yavimaya Elder
Desert Twister
Priest of Titania
Rogue Elephant
Crop Rotation
Elvish Lyrist
Pouncing Jaguar
Llanowar Sentinel
Simian Grunts
UNCOMMON
Rancor
Winter's Grasp
Creeping Mold
Choke
Skyshroud Elite
River Boa
Uktabi Urangutan
Constant Mists
Lifeforce
Wall of Blossoms/Roots (Which?)
Yavimaya Enchantress
RARE
Plow Under
Verdant Force
Eledamri, Lord of Leaves (Green King)
Recycle
Maro
Killer Bees (Either this, or Krakilin)
Deranged Hermit
Argothian Enchantress
Birds of Paradise
Eledamri's Vineyard
Primal Order

RED
COMMON
Shock
Arc Lightning
Raging Goblin
Stone Rain
Goblin Soothsayer
Kaervek's Torch
Reckless Abandon
Shattering Pulse
Mob Justice
Pyroclasm
Goblin Patrol
UNCOMMON
Mogg Fanatic
Anarchy
Scald
Pillage
Incinerate
Rack and Ruin
Keldon Champion
Sudden Impact
Viashino Sandstalker
Price of Progress
Goblin Lackey
RARE
Earthquake
Hammer of Bogardan
Wake of Destruction
Ruination
Goblin King (Red King)
Rathi Dragon
Wildfire
Gamble
Balduvian Horde
Furnace of Rath
Bloodshot Cyclops

BLUE
COMMON
Flood
Counterspell
Manta Riders
Annul
Boomerang
Tidal Warrior
Thornwind Faeries
Unstable Mutation
Vision Charm
Unsummon
Force Spike
UNCOMMON
Propoganda
Hibernation
Chill
Impulse
Theiving Magpie
Capsize
Whispers of the Muse
Forbid
Control Magic
Curiosity
Raven Familiar
RARE
Evacuation
Stasis (Call me crazy if you will)
Rainbow Efreet
Back to Basics
Lord of Atlantis (Blue King)
Bazaar of Wonders
Deflection
Reins of Power
Silver Wyvern
Time Warp
Ertai, Wizard Adept

BLACK
COMMON
Dark Ritual
Diabolic Edict
Ravenous Rats
Priest of Gix
Carnophage
Befoul
Disturbed Burial
Dungeon Shade
Mind Peel
Paralyze
Skittering Skirge
UNCOMMON
Engineered Plague
Duress
Black Knight
Perish
Gloom
Choking Sands
Abbysal Specter
Bone Shredder
Hidden Horror
Slaughter
Endless Scream
RARE
Sengir Vampire
Bad Moon
Persecute
Zombie Master (Black King)
Vampiric Tutor
Living Death (Again, call me crazy)
Corpse Dance
Harbinger of Night
Greed
Sleeper Agent
Spirit of the Night

WHITE
COMMON
Disenchant
Soul Warden
Allay
Pacifism
Empyrial Armor
Hero's Resolve
Nomads En-Kor
Resistance Fighter
Wall of Glare
Field Surgeon
Holy Strength
UNCOMMON
White Knight
Light of Day
Warmth
Humble
Flickering Ward
Gerrards Wisdom
Icatian Priest
Pegasus Stampede
Knight of Dawn
Peace of Mind
Radiant's Dragoons
RARE
Tithe
Serra Angel
Crusade
Humility
Armageddon
Abeyance
Wrath of God
Herald of Serra
Zuberi, Golden Feather (Closest I could get to a White King)
Pursuit of Knowledge
Sacred Mesa

As you can see, I changed some rarities. I gave each color a king, 2 color hosers, nonbasic land hosers (If the color has any), and cards to support succesful archtypes. Also, I tried to have as little chaff as possible, and put in some anticombo cards. Here they are, if you want to know:
Tormod's Crypt
Sudden Impact
Most Counterspells
Bazaar of Wonders
Deflection
Abeyance
Pursuit of Knowledge

dbuel posted 05-19-2000 06:30 PM ET (US)
"Nevinyrral" is "Larry Niven" backward. He is a science fiction and fantasy writer who once wrote an excellent fantasy story that had a bit about a spinning disk that destroyed magic. The card is presumably an homage. :)
AAhmudKi posted 05-19-2000 07:47 PM ET (US)
Hey Mage of Ultima, they will NEVER print ALL of those cards, why don't they just put every single fucking pre tempest card in, heh ? It's stupid to want cards 3 or more years old to cycle back in..the whole point of T2 is that it's constantly changing and is always losing old cards. This majkes the field interesting and prevents domination of certain deck types. For example Replenish will soon rotate out..then T2 will have to find another ACE deck. Some cards will inevitably be reprinted in 7th..we'll just have to wait and see
kismetstasis posted 05-19-2000 11:23 PM ET (US)
dbuel what is the name of that book about a disk that destroys all magic.
dbuel posted 05-19-2000 11:57 PM ET (US)
I'm remembering here, but I believe the story was "Not Long Before the End" and it appeared in a collection called "All the Myriad Ways." That book is probably out of print, but a used bookstore might be able to help you out.
Thai posted 05-20-2000 08:20 AM ET (US)
I dont think they should solely focus on just the Tempest block or what have you. I think if they really want to shock us they will bring back power cards from revised, ice age, alliances, and even as late as Arabian Nights. Why not try something a little different, huh.....
bob posted 05-20-2000 10:01 AM ET (US)
considering prophecy seems to be edging green toward swarm I think overrun would be nice. Also, to weaken rebels they should put in serrated arrows. And finally, they need to put in some kind of stompy creature. I hope they keep river boa, but if they don't they better put in rogue elephant or something because masques block just doesn't have the creatures it takes to make a good stompy deck, with the possible exception of blastoderm, and four mana is really a lot for stompy.

Hop to: Prophecy Rumors DiscussionThe Ancient Art of Treachery

Contact Us | New Wave Entertainment