Who still plays Magic?

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Sidar Jabari, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Sidar Jabari CPA BritBoy

I think I'm quitting Magic.

I don't know why.

It's been 2 months since I've played regularly and I don't miss it. I don't think about Magic any more. I'm not really a Magic player. Yesterday, I found myself thinking about selling my cards, and realised that whenever I do think about Magic, that's what I generally think.

I am an obsessive kind of person, so, maybe I'm too into White Wolf's Storyteller system, and other roleplaying. Maybe I play too much Archmage (and Archspace!) on the internet. Maybe I do too much work at University. Maybe I spend too much time thinking about my girlfriend (and not enough time travelling home to see her). Who knows.

I just wanted to know how many other people don't play magic that much anymore.

I still play a bit of Apprentice though ;)
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I barely play Magic now; haven't had a face-to-face duel in about 2 years and occasionaly play Griffy on Apprentice when our schedules match.

I kinda miss it, but I have so many other things going on that it's not that big of a deal.
  3. Mr_Pestilence Wumpus

I play every chance I get.

I draft on Fridays, and play a few casual pick up games.

I play in tournaments on Saturday, which are usually the current format of PTQs.

I think about Magic all the time. If I get an idea for a tweak or a new deck concept at work, I jot it down and build it when I get home.

I buy and trade on line.

I visit just about every Magic-related site on a daily basis.

There is a new playtest group starting in my area, and if I can justify a third Magic-related day a week to my wife, I'll be playing with them.

For me, it is a genuine obsession. I wish I could play more!

So, to answer your question, Yes, I still play Magic!
  4. ErinPuff Token Female

Yeah, I still play.. my play group blows, but it's all I've got.. this weekend I'm going on a retreat with my church youth group, in which we're cut off from all things electronic.. so our only form of entertainment is Magic.. unless the psycho-Christians get on our butts for playing a Satanic game.. ;)
  5. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

I play basicly every weekday at lunch, and usually every weekend or two.

I have too many cards. Half the time, when I think of Magic, I think of the 750 I have to sort and file...

Gotta get a binder.
  6. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

Nope. I've stopped playing a long time ago.
  7. NeuroDeus Doctor Wundindlinyg

I play about 3 times a week...i have only played for around a year so I still want to play more...
  8. Elrond Veteran CPA Lurker

I play almost every Sunday afternoon, and some Saturday mornings.
  9. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

I play whenever I can, and when I can't, I think about it instead. :) I love Magic - I can't see myself quitting until I have absolutely no one left to play against, and then, only if I have no one to teach.
  10. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

I still play Magic...but to be honest, I'm taking a break from it. I've had a hard time finding *any* casual players locally for a long time now, so I'm currently trying to make a halfway decent Type II tournament deck, as well as a Sligh deck to take on my slow opponents in Type 1. Unfortunately, I need two more Cursed Scrolls for my Sligh deck, and while I have some innovative ideas for Type 2, I can't seem to settle on just one.

So...I'm taking a break from Magic. There's a tournament I could attend in about half an hour...but I'm not. Instead, I'm gonna sit at home and relax, chat, play Phantasy Star Online (to which I am *very* addicted), and just enjoy a breather.
  11. Apollo Bird Boy

I still play every chance I get, but unfortunately, that's not often. Most of my playgroup never plays anymore, so my only chances are prereleases.
  12. Sammy Dead-O wasting away again

I play games whenever I can, and Magic's one of the best. I don't go to events very often...around one tournament a month, at most (so far; I'd like to increase that)...but I have a few friends to duel with. And I feel "involved" in the Magic world through the net and the kids I work with (and teach Magic to). It's interesting that a site like this would still draw people that don't really play anymore. I guess it shows that we're as much community as we are game.
  13. Gerode Becoming a Lurker Again

I'm able to play every Friday afternoon and every Saturday morning with two different casual groups. I also spend a lot of time deckbuilding and tweaking decks, and read a few Magic sites every day or so. I would like to play more, and I should probably start using Apprentice sometimes.
  14. Almindhra Magic's Bitch

This is really sad....A bunch of people don't even play magic anymore and still come to this website...Don't you have any other hobbies?...

I play Magic, just about everyweek on Fri and Sat nights with my buds over pizza and tons of cokes...
  15. FoundationOfRancor The Gunslinger

I havent played a physical magic game since Nemesis.

I play on apprentice all the time though (Anyone want a game IM at GunslingerCS!)

...And of course, I love following the game, making cards, and just thinking about Levithans and Collous of sardia's going at it:)
  16. Darsh Corrupt CPA Member

I think that you all deep down really hate magic and the CPA but you don't want to admit it.
  17. mogg bomber Veteran CPA Lurker

I still play magic, but not nearly as much as I used to. Most of the people who used to play around here have quit, so the only chance I get to play anymore is at the local comic shop on Wed. and Thur. when they have the weekly drafts. I haven't built a constructed deck at all in quite awhile though.
  18. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

I second the slightly nauseated motion. You're all nice people, but if you don't play magic, why are you cominng here? I don't want to drive you away, I honestly want to know.

The only thing that could get me to quit is another combo winter, and then only if I couldn't get the combo cards.... And I'd come back eventually.
  19. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

I only get to play about once a week right now (about 20% of what I used to play) but that's going to change in a few weeks, since the local Arena location is going to start being open full-time.

Despite my drastic reduction in play-time, I still love the game.

If you don't play anymore, that's okay. It's your life, and surely no one thinks any less of you for making such a decision. It amazes me, though, how often the "Magic Quitters Club Members" act as though it's some big dramatic decision. You're going to have a long long life (I hope) and the things you like to do will probably change many many times. Get used to it. It's no more a big deal than the fact that I don't watch TV anymore. In other words, who cares? (I mean that in a nice way, btw, as in: It's your life.)
  20. Gizmo Composite: 1860

On average I`ll play at least a dozen games each day.