What Were You Thinking?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm bored.

I was thinking I could start up one of the more laid-back games, specifically WWYT, before I get the next werewolf game rolling. I'll have to refresh myself on how the scoring works, but the actual gameplay, as I recall, is incredibly simple: I put forth a topic. Everyone provides answers that fit that topic. For each answer that matches the most-frequently given answers, players are rewarded points. First player to reach a certain point milestone wins the game.

I'm looking for at least five people to show interest before starting.

E

EricBess

I'm in. The "official" game rules are a bit different than we play here. The one piece that is important is there is a difference between the points you receive for each round and the points that go towards winning the game. That's because some rounds, very few matches are made, but the round should still count for the same number of points towards winning the game.

Each response given is worth 1 point times the number of people that gave that response. So, if 5 people gave the same answer, that answer is worth 5 points...towards winning the round (not the game). Whoever gets the most round points gets 5 match points, then 3, 2, 1 for the next 3. Ties get full value, but skip the next positions. For example, if 2 people tie for the most round points, they each get 5 match points and the next person gets 2 (not 3) points. I think we usually play to about 25 points.

BTW - I'm in.

In case anyone is interested in the "official" rules, they do it the opposite where the person with the fewest points moves up 1 postion on a track and when someone reaches the end, the game ends. This doesn't work online because not everyone participates in every round.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks for the info, EB. I remembered that points earned in a round weren't the same as points earned toward winning the game, but I couldn't remember offhand if it was the top 4 that scored (as you said) or the top 3 (with a 5 - 3 - 1 scoring pattern).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in, but I don't mind running it if you actually want to play turgy22, since you run Werewolf.